When driving in Venice, Florida, one of the most dangerous accidents that can occur is a truck accident. Even worse is when you get into an accident due to a truck driver being under the influence of alcohol or another substance. The results of these accidents can be completely catastrophic for the truck driver, pedestrians, and other drivers on the road. Knowing your rights in these cases is essential when issuing claims for compensation to cover your injuries, medical bills, or get repairs to your vehicle.
If you or a loved one have been unfortunate enough to be involved with a truck accident because the driver was intoxicated, then it’s recommended you get yourself a qualified personal injury lawyer who deals with these types of cases daily.
The Law Place has qualified lawyers who can help you claim compensation to help you deal with your pain and suffering. We at The Law Place offer a free consultation for any case, and our phone lines are open 24/7. So don’t hesitate, contact us today at (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Truck Accident DUI, What Are They?
- What Is a DUI?
- Can I Sue for Truck Accidents That Caused Me Personal Injury?
- Why Are Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
- Contact The Law Place for an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Truck Accident DUI, What Are They?
All drivers on the road are governed by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV). These regulations state that truck drivers are only permitted half the usual allowance of 0.08% BAC, at only 0.04%. This is because trucks are much larger vehicles that carry cargo loads all over the country and, as such, present a much greater danger to the road if the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These extra precautions are taken to protect everyone on the road. Truck accidents can result in devastating or even life-threatening injuries for all involved, so the driver must be sober and have a clear mind whilst driving.
The police can determine a truck driver’s alcohol consumption by assessing the way the truck is being driven on the road and if this is safe and conducting field sobriety tests alongside a breathalyzer test once pulled over. If the driver is tested and has a BAC higher than 0.04%, they can be charged with a DUI. If the driver is the cause of a truck accident while intoxicated, they can incur more charges.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you need to ensure that you get in touch with qualified truck accident lawyers to help with your injuries. The Law Place has determined and skilled truck accident lawyers who deal with these cases daily. So what’re you waiting for? Get in touch now to get the best outcome for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a truck driver dui crashes lawyer serving Venice, call 941-444-4444
What Is a DUI?
A DUI is a charge given to someone who is over the legal limit while driving. It stands for driving under the influence, and there are many ways to determine whether the driver is under the influence. The penalties vary depending on the severity of the crime. However, according to Florida Statute 316.193, a person may face a DUI charge if:
- The truck driver is under the influence of alcohol or any substance mentioned in Florida Statute 877.111, as seen under Chapter 893.
- The person has a blood-alcohol level of 0.04 or more grams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood, or the person has a breath-alcohol level of 0.04 or more grams of alcohol per 210 liters of breath.
A DUI charge should be taken very seriously, as you could be facing severe punishment for your actions in Venice, Florida. If you have been involved in a truck accident with a negligent driver who is suspected of driving under the influence, then call The Law Place today to have an experienced personal injury lawyer working on your case.
Venice Truck Driver DUI Crashes Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Can I Sue for Truck Accidents That Caused Me Personal Injury?
Truck accidents can result in many different charges for the person liable. If you have been involved in a truck accident with a negligent truck driver who has caused the truck accident, you may be liable to claim compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and lost wages. Having a truck accident lawyer will help you get the most compensation out of your case. The trucking company, driver, or contractor who hired the driver may be liable for the accident depending on the insurance in place. However, in all these cases, you need to seek compensation for your injuries, as they are all liable for damages.
If you decide to claim, you will need a qualified truck accident lawyer to push for the maximum amount of compensation. The Law Place has experienced truck accident personal injury lawyers who will help you get the most out of your case. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis and, as such, want to win the case as much as you do. We will help relieve the pressures and stress of court so that you or your family can focus on recovery.
Why Are Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
Truck accident cases are known to be potentially devastating. It’s not the same as a car accident, as the weight and size of the trucks on the roads of Venice can create potentially catastrophic accidents for all involved. This often results in serious bodily harm or, in worst-case scenarios, fatalities. The number of factors for why they are so dangerous is extensive, but here are a few reasons:
- Size and weight – The absolute bulk and size of these trucks increase the chances of the truck affecting more than one vehicle on the road. If these trucks get out of control, they can very easily plow through multiple cars.
- Blindspots – The size of these trucks that companies buy nowadays causes a lot of blind spots for the truck driver. Because of this, it’s a lot easier for them not to see you when driving and hit you.
- Debris – Due to the large cargo that some trucks may carry, having an accident that involves a truck can not only injure those involved with the accident itself, but they can leave dangerous debris all over the road, causing people to have an accident without even hitting the truck. If you hit debris on the roads at speed, it’s possible you could suffer serious damages to either your car or person.
- Multiple car accidents – Due to the size of trucks, it makes it more likely for the truck driver to be involved in a multi-car accident. If the truck driver makes a mistake or doesn’t see the car it hits, it’s much easier for these trucks to plow through multiple cars before coming to a stop.
If you or a loved one have been unlucky enough to be involved in a truck accident in Venice, FL., then please contact The Law Place for a free consultation. We have knowledgeable personal injury lawyers who experience truck accident cases daily. We will always fight for the maximum possible compensation for your case so you get the justice that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place for an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Have you been involved in a truck accident that has affected the health of you or your family? Then you need to contact The Law Place today. With over 75 years of combined experience, you can trust our experienced lawyers to win your case. We will push for the maximum compensation available and take over the stress for you while you focus on your recovery.
We have day-to-day experience with truck accidents and, as such, have capable lawyers who know the ins and outs of these kinds of cases. We offer a free consultation and can guide you in the right direction for your case. We also work on a no-win-no-fee basis, which means if we don’t win your case, then we won’t ask to be paid. This makes us different from other law firms, as we want to win your case as much as you do. So what’re you waiting for?
So contact us today at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.