A large number of Florida residents enjoy and rely on motorcycles. In fact, according to the Insuarance Institute for Highway Safety, in 2019, State Florida had the second-highest number of registered motorcyclists in the United States. However, this high number also results in a staggering number of motorcycle accidents that occur every year in Venice.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, then you need to contact The Law Place. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients just like you get the justice they deserve after being seriously injured.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so if you’ve been injured in a Venice motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate! Call The Law Place now to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case with a qualified personal injury attorney to find out all the legal options available to you.
Contact us now at (941) 444-4444!
In This Article
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Venice, FL.
- Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
- What to Do After Being Injured in a Motorcycle Crash in Venice, FL.
- Damages in a Venice Motorcycle Accident Case
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Venice, FL.
Like with all types of vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents can often be caused by the motorcyclist’s own errors. However, in many other cases, other drivers on the road are the ones responsible for these accidents. As well as motorcyclist errors, some common causes of Venice motorcycle accidents are listed below:
- Drunk driving – Driving under the influence is one of the leading causes of vehicle accidents in Florida. If a drunk driver was the cause of the motorcycle accident you were injured in, then you could be compensated for this negligence.
- Traffic violations – All drivers have a duty of care to drive carefully for the safety of other road users and follow traffic laws, including adhering to speed limits, yield rules, and more. If a driver doesn’t follow these rules, it may cause a crash.
- Distracted driving – Motorcycles are very small vehicles, meaning that they can be more difficult to see, especially for drivers who are not paying adequate attention to the road.
- Defective motorcycles – In some cases, the company that manufactured the motorcycle or its parts may have caused the crash if the parts were defective and could be held liable for your injuries.
If you get in touch with The Law Place, a Venice motorcycle accident attorney will identify any negligence that may have taken place and will fight tirelessly for your legal right to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Venice, call 941-444-4444
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Any type of car crash can be devastating, but this is particularly true for motorcyclists, as they have much less protection from injuries. Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Head or brain trauma.
- Neck injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Internal organ injuries.
- Spinal injuries.
Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents often require immediate medical treatment, and victims may need to be transported to the hospital. They may also need long-term medical treatments, such as physical therapy.
Medical bills can be costly, and it’s common for victims to be burdened with huge financial losses while they recover from an accident. A Venice motorcycle accident attorney would fight to ensure that these losses are recovered in compensation.
Venice Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What to Do After Being Injured in a Motorcycle Crash in Venice, FL.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash, then there are some crucial things that you should do if you are able to:
- Check for injuries – You should ensure the immediate safety of yourself and others around you. If anyone is injured, call an ambulance.
- Find a safe place and stop – If you can, move to a safe space that is away from traffic and is easily accessible by emergency services.
- Check on other victims – If possible, check on the other driver and passengers involved in the accident. If they need immediate medical help, call 911.
- Call 911 – Even if you think the accident was only minor, you should still call the first responders so that a police report will be filed. This will be vital for your claim if you choose to pursue one.
Once everyone involved in the accident is safe and there’s no longer an immediate risk of danger, you should do the following:
- Take photos – Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, injuries sustained, and anything else relevant. This can be used as evidence during your claim.
- Exchange information – You should take the full name, contact number, vehicle information, driver’s license information, registration details, insurance documents of the other party involved.
- Take witness details – If there were any witnesses to the accident, then you should ask them for their basic contact information to pass on to the police and an attorney later.
Even if you have not followed all these steps, you may still be able to win a lawsuit. Contact our motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Place today and schedule a free consultation to find out more.
Damages in a Venice Motorcycle Accident Case
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, then you could be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical bills -You deserve compensation to cover any past and projected medical expenses caused by the accident. This also includes related expenses, such as surgeries, physical therapy, and more.
- Property damage – It’s likely that your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, and you may be entitled to compensation to cover the repairs.
- Loss of wages – You may be unable to work for a period of time after a motorcycle accident, and so you may be entitled to compensation to cover your past and future lost wages.
We know that compensation won’t fix the injuries and trauma that you’re suffering from, but it will help you manage any financial burdens that the accident may have left you with. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you should contact The Law Place and speak to one of our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers. Contact us today for a free case evaluation!
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Venice, Florida, then you should book a free consultation with The Law Place. The aftermath of an accident can be incredibly difficult for victims to deal with, so it’s vital you hire a motorcycle accident attorney to guide you through the stressful legal process.
The sooner you seek legal advice from us, the sooner we can get to work on your case and fight for the justice you deserve. So don’t delay!
Call us now for a free case evaluation at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.