Garbage trucks are not an unusual site in Venice and are in use daily throughout Florida. However, from time to time, there will be an accident involving a truck. Because of the truck’s enormous size, it is easy to see how the consequences of this can be disastrous and usually involve more than just one vehicle.
If there has been an accident involving a garbage truck, the likelihood is there was more than one person involved. There could be potential pedestrians, motorists, or cyclists involved in the accident, resulting in serious injuries, damages, or in the worst-case scenario, a fatality.
If you or a loved one was involved in a garbage truck incident, please don’t hesitate to contact our exceptional team at The Law Place. Once you contact us, we can arrange a free legal consultation, which will allow us to explain our process to you and put to rest any concerns you may have about your claim at this time. With a team of qualified lawyers working tirelessly on your case, you can rest assured that your claim is in professional hands. Call us today at (941) 444-4444. There is always an accident attorney available to answer your call.
Reasons for Truck Accidents
Garbage trucks play such an essential role in our day-to-day lives. They clean up our streets and take away trash from residents. However, it can be challenging for trucks to maneuver through narrow residential streets, as they take up much space on the roads due to their large size. This means that cars nearby may need to pass through small spaces to get past the truck. So it is easy to see how sometimes collisions will occur.
There may be many reasons for a garbage truck accident in Venice, FL., as no two accidents are the same. However, there are a few common reasons and factors that contribute to truck accidents, such as:
- Driving under the influence – Alcohol or drugs can affect a driver’s judgment or reaction time.
- Poor weather conditions – Heavy rain or thick fog may affect driver visibility.
- Driver fatigue/tiredness – Many garbage workers have to work long hours or unsociable hours, meaning they might suffer from a lack of sleep, causing the driver to fall asleep at the wheel.
- Loss of control – There may have been slippery roads caused by ice at the time of the accident. Or in some circumstances, the driver may be unable to control such a large vehicle.
- Reckless driving – Aggressive or dangerous driving is a common cause of accidents.
- Vehicle malfunction – This occurs as a result of faulty parts or poor manufacture.
- Company negligence – Failing to maintain the vehicle properly.
Injuries Attained From Truck Accidents
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety states that around 4,000 traffic accidents involve a truck every year.
Garbage trucks help carry around heavy loads of waste and are known for being considerably large vehicles. If you or someone you know was involved in a collision with a garbage truck, then the chances are you have sustained minor to severe injuries. Some common injuries attained from truck accidents are:
- Broken/fractured bones.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Head injury.
- Cuts and bruises.
If you have lost a loved one due to a truck accident, dealing with financial concerns should be the least of your worries. You don’t have to go it alone. Our highly experienced accident attorneys are here to offer you guidance and support through this difficult time.
Am I Entitled to Compensation?
If you were involved in a truck accident, then the chances are you face unaffordable bills, which might be causing you a lot of distress. The Law Place is here to support your financial needs. Using our expert knowledge on personal injury, we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some types of compensation that you could be entitled to payments for are:
- Medical bills – For time spent in hospital, hospital room fees, ambulance fees, medical costs.
- Pain and suffering – You deserve compensation for mental/emotional trauma or any pain from injuries you have sustained.
- Death of a loved one – If you have experienced a loved one’s death, we understand how difficult this time is for you. The Law Place is here to help you get assistance with funeral costs, loss of consortium, or medical bills left to you through a wrongful death claim.
- Property damage – You may have suffered considerable damages to your vehicle.
- Lost wages – You may have taken time off work recovering from your injuries and, as a result, may have lost out on your ordinary income, leaving you unable to pay your rent, child support, buy food, etc.
Who Is Held Liable for a Garbage Truck Accident?
- The truck manufacturer- The vehicle’s producer may be liable for placing faulty parts into the vehicle.
- The garbage company – It is up to the garbage company to maintain their vehicles to ensure they are up to standards. This means ensuring brake lights, headlights, indicators, brake pads, etc., are all fully functioning.
- The driver – The garbage truck or other vehicles may be guilty of aggressive or dangerous driving, which has caused the accident.
- Government entity – Unsafe or uneven roads are usually up to the government to maintain, so the government entity responsible could be held liable.
Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Truck Accident
If you want to prove you were involved in a garbage truck accident, you must be able to provide sufficient evidence to your insurance company or your accident attorney to build up a strong claim for you that will stand firm in court. It is crucial to take the following steps:
- Inform the police – Let the police know of the incident so they can take statements and arrange the removal of vehicles off the road. This is a legal requirement, but the police report may also act as evidence for your claim.
- Call emergency services – It is crucial to call 911 for ambulance and fire services to help anybody with injuries or remove victims safely from their vehicles.
- Gather evidence – Be sure to take photographs of the crash site, including damage to any vehicles, skid marks on the road, etc.
- Inform your insurance company – Inform your insurance company of the accident within the 24 policy window. Keep to the facts, don’t tell them any unnecessary details.
- Call an accident lawyer – The sooner you call one of our personal injury lawyers, the sooner we can fight for any compensation you deserve and handle any complex circumstances around your case.
It is crucial to take the above steps after experiencing a truck accident. Doing so will help our injury lawyers build up a strong defense for your claim.
How Can The Law Place in Venice, FL., Help Me?
If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a garbage truck accident near Venice, FL., you need the assistance of an accident attorney to support you financially and emotionally through this challenging time. It is crucial to have the proper legal representation when proceeding with a claim. Our truck accident lawyers are highly familiar with all areas of personal injury law and are confident that we can get the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm understands how difficult this period of time is for you, as it can be so unclear what lies in store for you at this time. You may be desperate for some financial support. Let The Law Place fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact The Law Place
Get in touch with us today. We are sure you have plenty of questions and queries for our personal injury lawyers, and we are happy to help.
With over seventy-five years of combined experience, our accident attorneys are here to support your case day or night. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so it is never the wrong time to get in contact with us. Please call us for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Our personal injury lawyers are waiting for your call.