Accidental drowning is listed as the third most common cause of accidental death in the world by the World Health Organisation (WHO). However, in Florida, where the hot weather means many homes have a swimming pool in the backyard, this is an even more serious issue, especially when it comes to children. According to Florida Health, drowning is the leading cause of death for Florida children ages 1-4, which is the highest in the U.S. It is also a significant cause of fatality for the elderly.
No matter how common they may be, drowning accidents can be incredibly devastating. Time with family and friends can quickly result in tragedy. Because of this, it is crucial that you get in touch with a Florida drowning accident lawyer to get the justice that you and your family deserve.
If you have suffered because of a drowning accident, then we highly recommend that you seek compensation. The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place have over 75 years of combined experience in helping people who have endured an accident just like yours and in dealing with the Florida legal system. So, don’t hesitate; contact The Law Place today and schedule a free case evaluation. Call us now at (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- Common Causes of Drowning Accidents in Bradenton, Florida
- What Increases the Risk of Drowning?
- Common Injuries Caused by Drowning Accidents
- Damages The Law Place Often Win for Drowning Victims in Bradenton, Florida
- Liability for Drowning Accidents
- How The Law Place Can Help You
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Common Causes of Drowning Accidents in Bradenton, Florida
There are several different reasons why someone may accidentally drown, especially if the incident happened in a swimming pool. Some of the most common causes of drowning accidents are listed below:
- Slip, trip, or fall on wet surfaces.
- Diving accidents.
- Defective pool equipment or design.
- Inefficient emergency equipment.
- Lack of or negligent lifeguards.
- Failure to perform safety checks.
- Lack of swimming ability.
- Failure to adequately maintain security around the pool.
- Dangerous objects left around the water or underwater.
- Improper water levels, water chemicals, water clarity, etc.
- Drug use or alcohol consumption.
It is almost guaranteed that someone is liable for you or your loved one drowning or near-drowning. If you experienced a drowning accident and it wasn’t your fault, we highly recommend that you call The Law Place today to speak to our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers about the details of your case. Our law firm offers free case evaluations for anyone who has suffered from an accident that wasn’t their fault, so don’t hesitate to contact us today.
For a free legal consultation with a drowning accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
What Increases the Risk of Drowning?
It is possible for anyone to drown – even the strongest swimmer can be overwhelmed by a powerful current. However, there are certain risk factors that could raise the likelihood of drowning.
Listed below are factors that can increase the risk of accidental drowning:
- Age – The highest drowning rates around the world are found amongst children aged between 1-9 years old. This is usually because of a lack of/ lapse in supervision. As well as this, young children are less likely to understand the danger that bodies of water can bring and overestimate their swimming capabilities.
- Access to water – Those who live closer to water are unsurprisingly at a higher risk of unintentional drowning as they spend more time in the water than those who don’t have this increased access.
- Flood disasters – Flood disasters have become much more frequent in recent years, and this trend is likely to continue.
- Alcohol use – As alcohol inhibits the physical skills, reaction times, and rational judgment of those who have consumed large quantities of it, people are more at risk when they have been drinking. When under the influence of alcohol or drugs, people are likely to overestimate their swimming abilities and not realize the strength or depth of the water they’re in.
- Medical conditions – If you have a medical condition such as epilepsy, it can be dangerous to be alone in the water. If you have an epileptic fit, you may be unable to prevent yourself from drowning.
However, it doesn’t matter how many risk factors were involved in your case. If you or someone you love has suffered from an accidental drowning incident, you deserve compensation. To find out if you have a case, call The Law Place today for a free case evaluation.
Bradenton Drowning Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Caused by Drowning Accidents
When a person has been submerged underwater for a long period of time, it is possible that they could suffer from brain damage. The extent of the brain damage suffered can range from mild to severe, as the amount of time without oxygen contributes to the severity of the injury. Brain damage may cause memory loss, cognitive disability, and/or a lack of motor skills. Drowning victims may even be impaired to the point of a permanent vegetative state.
However, there are also many other serious injuries that are associated with drowning, and some of the most common ones are listed below:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord injury and/or paralysis.
- Torn ligaments.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Drowning accidents may also leave victims suffering from mental and emotional trauma.
If you or a loved one has suffered or even passed away due to accidental drowning, then you may want to seek compensation. The accident attorneys at The Law Place have an extensive amount of experience in helping and supporting victims by working with Florida law to secure the justice they deserve. For a free, no-obligation consultation, contact our law firm today.
Damages The Law Place Often Win for Drowning Victims in Bradenton, Florida
Victims of accidental drowning not only have to deal with the mental trauma and the injuries caused directly from the accident but also often experience considerable financial losses. This is usually due to high medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Once you enlist the help of one of our personal injury lawyers, they will be able to assess the number of losses you experienced from the accident and how much compensation you deserve, as well as establishing the negligent parties. The most common types of damages that the personal injury attorneys at The Law Place recover compensation for in Florida drowning accident cases are:
- Past and future medical bills – If the injuries you sustained in the accident resulted in you undergoing medical or surgical treatment, you deserve to be reimbursed for the costs, and any related costs, of these expenses. This can include projected medical bills, as well as the costs of appointments, transportation, and anything else related to the accident.
- Past and future lost wages – If the injuries you sustained meant that you were unable to attend work, you might be entitled to compensation that covers the wages you have already lost as well as what you expect to lose in the future.
- Pain and suffering – It is not uncommon for drowning accidents to leave survivors experiencing emotional or mental distress. If this is the case for you, then you may be owed compensation. However, as this is often difficult to prove in court, you will need the help of an experienced and skilled personal injury lawyer to fight on your behalf.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost someone close to you in a drowning accident, then you should receive compensation to cover the costs of the funeral and loss of consortium.
- Any other related expenses – If you have suffered in any other way from a drowning accident, then you may be entitled to compensation. For more information, contact The Law Place today for a free consultation.
The losses caused by a drowning accident can be devastating for both the victim and the family. If this is the case for you or someone you love, then you should get in touch with our law firm immediately. Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge required to support you throughout the entire legal. So, call The Law Place now to schedule a free case evaluation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability for Drowning Accidents
Victims of drowning accidents can be left suffering from catastrophic injuries and trauma, so it’s important to hold the negligent parties accountable. This is especially true if your accident occurred in a public place as you taking action can lead to the necessary precautions being put in place. This will prevent the accident from occurring again in the future.
It isn’t always simple to determine who is liable in drowning accident cases as there can be many possible causes. This is why it’s advised that you get in touch with an experienced Bradenton-based lawyer to go through your case with you and determine which parties are at fault.
Some of the most common negligent parties in drowning accidents are listed below:
- Recreational centers.
- Private and public neighborhood pools.
- Day camps.
- Neighborhood associations.
- Swim management companies.
- Private premises owners.
- Non-profit organizations.
It can be difficult to prove negligence in compensation cases, and so it’s critical that you enlist the help of a skilled personal injury attorney to represent your case in court. The skilled lawyers at The Law Place will be able to investigate your case thoroughly and will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
How The Law Place Can Help You
If you opt to work with the personal injury attorneys at our law firm, you can be assured that our lawyers will handle every aspect of your case. This includes finding out exactly what occurred and building a relationship with you based on honesty and empathy. Our attorneys will take on the bulk of the work so that you can focus on recovery. We will:
- Complete and file any necessary paperwork from insurance companies, medical providers, and anywhere else.
- Help you find a doctor who will document your injuries and provide any treatment you may require.
- Perform a thorough and comprehensive investigation of the incident to collect any relevant evidence that will strengthen your case, as well as collecting witness statements and depositions.
- Determine who is at-fault for your accident, the maximum amount of compensation you could reasonably expect to receive, and the best approach to take to ensure you have the best chance at success.
Most drowning accident cases are complex, and so you will need an attorney who has extensive experience in Florida injury law on your side. The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place have helped many people in your situation receive the compensation that they deserved, so contact us today and schedule a free consultation.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Immediately after a near-drowning or drowning accident, you should contact an attorney. The experience and knowledge of the lawyers at The Law Place will give you the best chance at winning your case and getting you the compensation that you are entitled to.
We know that compensation will not fix everything for you, but it will help you with any financial burdens you may be suffering from and serve as proof that some form of justice has been served.
We are determined to fight on your behalf and ensure that those responsible for the accident are held to account, so don’t wait! Contact The Law Place to schedule a free case evaluation today. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so call us now at (941) 444-4444.