Car accidents caused by distracted driving are becoming more and more frequent in the State of Florida. There are more drivers who are distracted behind the wheel today than ever before, and distracted driving poses a great risk to other road users.
If you are not paying attention to the road by using your mobile phone, talking to another passenger, checking your makeup, or anything else that causes your mind to wander from the task at hand, then you are guilty of distracted driving. There were up to 50,000 accidents involving distracted driving which caused 3,500 injuries and close to 233 deaths, according to a report by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) in the year 2016. If you suffered injuries as a result of another person’s distracted driving, then you could be entitled to compensation in Bradenton.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of experience when it comes to working with clients who have been involved in distracted driving accidents in Bradenton and across the State of Florida. Our team of car accident attorneys is well trained to deal with complex cases such as this, and we will help to achieve justice for you and your family.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a car accident lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your distracted driving accident in Bradenton. Phone lines are open 24/7.
What to Do After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
We hope that you are never in the position where you will have to take this advice, but if you ever find yourself in a Bradenton car accident, we highly recommend that you follow these steps:
- Move to Safety – If you are uninjured, move away from the dangers of oncoming traffic to a safer place near the scene of the accident.
- Injuries – Check yourself and other people to see if you have sustained any injuries. If you have, call an ambulance to the scene of the crash right away.
- Police – You are required to pick up your phone and call the police to the location of a car accident under Florida Statute 316.062. Once the police officers arrive at the scene, they will file an official report which is also a useful piece of evidence when you want to file for compensation later.
- Contact Details – Following a Bradenton car accident, you must exchange contact details with the other driver involved, including names, phone numbers, insurance information, and vehicle registration numbers.
- Evidence – If you are in a capable position to do so, try to collect as much evidence as you can from the scene of the crash, such as taking pictures of the damage, location, skid marks, injuries, and anything else that you think might be relevant for your case.
- Hire a Driving Accident Lawyer, Bradenton– If you want to give yourself the best chance of achieving compensation following a distracted driving accident, get in contact with a car accident attorney from The Law Place today. Call our office to set up a free consultation.
Types of Distracted Driving in Bradenton, FL.
Distracted driving is anytime that a driver takes their attention off the road. If you were involved in a car accident that was caused by a distracted driver, then you must become aware of the three different types of distracted driving:
- Visual Distraction – All drivers have a legal duty of care to remain vigilant when they are operating a motor vehicle. If a driver gets distracted by looking at their mobile phone, navigational advice, searching for something that they dropped, checking on a child or passenger in the back seat, or reading a map, then these are known as visual distractions.
- Manual Distraction – All drivers are responsible for being in control of their motor vehicle at all times when on the road. If a driver removes their hands from the wheel by using their mobile phone to send a text message, eating, drinking, smoking, applying makeup, or looking for something in a bag, then these are known as manual distractions.
- Cognitive Distraction – All drivers are required to keep their focus when they are behind the wheel. If a driver loses focus by thinking about how to respond to a text message, daydreaming, talking to another passenger, thinking about work, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then these are known as cognitive distractions.
Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving Car Accidents in Bradenton, FL.
The Bradenton car accident lawyers at The Law Place have experience in building personal injury claims and fighting to win full compensation for injuries that are sustained in distracted driving car accidents. Our law firm has managed to help clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones.
- Severe burns.
- Back injuries.
- Chest injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Head and neck injuries.
- Loss of limbs.
- Internal organ damage.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Statute of Limitations for a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
The statute of limitations declares that you have up to two years from the date of your distracted driving car accident to pursue a personal injury claim according to the statute of limitations. This law was recently changed, reducing the statute of limitations from four years to just two, making it even more crucial to act quickly.
Protecting Your Legal Rights After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
Distracted drivers must be held accountable for their negligent actions that might have caused other people to suffer injuries. If you wish to file a personal injury claim following a distracted driving car accident, then you will have to prove that the driver behaved in a negligent manner behind the wheel. The car accident lawyers at The Law Place will investigate your case to prove these four key aspects:
- Duty of Care – The driver had a legal duty of care to you.
- Breach – The driver breached their duty of care by behaving in a negligent manner.
- Causation – The driver’s negligence caused you to sustain injuries.
- Damages – You suffered damages due to their negligence.
All drivers have a responsibility to operate their motor vehicles safely and in line with the law in the State of Florida. But if a driver were to break the law and cause an accident that inflicts injuries on another person, then they can be held liable for that person’s damages.
A list of damages includes medical expenses, loss of income, property damage, pain and suffering, wrongful death, and many other economic damages or non-economic damages that could be applicable for compensation under Florida law.
Bradenton Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer FAQ
Why should I hire a distracted driving accident lawyer in Bradenton if I’ve been in a car crash?
Hiring a distracted driving accident lawyer in Bradenton is crucial if you’ve been involved in a car crash due to another driver’s lack of attention. An experienced car accident attorney will have the legal experience necessary to navigate the complexities of your case. They can help prove the other driver’s negligence, negotiate with insurance companies, and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
What can Bradenton car accident attorneys do for me after a distracted driving accident?
Bradenton car accident attorneys can provide comprehensive support and representation following a distracted driving accident. They will handle all aspects of your claim, from investigating the accident and gathering evidence to representing you in negotiations with insurance companies or in court. Their goal is to secure the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, including covering medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.
How do I know if I have a valid distracted driving accident claim?
If you’ve been injured in a car crash caused by another driver’s distraction, you likely have a valid claim. Key indicators include the other driver using their phone, eating, or any other activity that took their attention away from the road at the time of the accident. An experienced car accident attorney can evaluate the specifics of your case, advise you on your legal options, and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
What types of compensation can I recover in a distracted driving accident case?
Victims of distracted driving accidents can recover various types of compensation, including but not limited to medical expenses for both current and future medical care, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and compensation for pain and suffering. If you’ve suffered serious injuries, your attorney will also consider the cost of future medical expenses and any long-term care you may need.
Can an experienced car accident attorney help if I’ve suffered serious injuries in a distracted driving accident?
Yes, an experienced car accident attorney is particularly crucial if you’ve suffered serious injuries in a distracted driving accident. They have the legal experience and resources to handle complex cases involving significant injuries and losses. Your attorney will work tirelessly to ensure that all aspects of your claim, including compensation for future medical expenses and the impact of your injuries on your life, are fully addressed.
What should I look for when choosing a Bradenton distracted driving accident lawyer?
When choosing a distracted driving accident lawyer in Bradenton, look for someone with extensive legal experience in car accident cases, particularly those involving distracted driving. You’ll want an attorney who has a proven track record of securing favorable outcomes for injured clients. Additionally, choose a lawyer who communicates clearly, is accessible, and makes you feel comfortable and confident in their ability to represent your interests.
What should I do if I’m charged with a distracted driving offense in Bradenton?
If you’re charged with a distracted driving offense, it’s crucial to seek legal advice immediately. Contacting The Law Place ensures you have a team with extensive legal experience in both criminal defense and traffic law. Our attorneys can provide you with the guidance you need to navigate the legal system, protect your rights, and work towards a favorable outcome.
Contact The Law Place Today in Bradenton, FL.
If you were injured by a distracted driver, then you could be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and other damages following a Bradenton car accident. Distracted driving car accidents have the potential to dramatically change a person’s life, and the at-fault driver must be held responsible.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of experience and knowledge when it comes to working under personal injury law and recovering compensation for car accident victims in Bradenton and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has the necessary skills and resources to calculate your damages and negotiate with the insurance company involved to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation that will cover all of your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Pick up your phone and call our office today. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and one of our personal injury lawyers will be waiting to hear from you.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a car accident lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your distracted driving accident in Bradenton.