Car accidents caused by distracted driving are becoming more and more frequent in the State of Florida. There are more drivers who are distracted behind the wheel today than ever before, and distracted driving poses a great risk to other road users.
If you are not paying attention to the road by using your mobile phone, talking to another passenger, checking your makeup, or anything else that causes your mind to wander from the task at hand, then you are guilty of distracted driving. There were up to 50,000 accidents involving distracted driving which caused 3,500 injuries and close to 233 deaths, according to a report by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) in the year 2016. If you suffered injuries as a result of another person’s distracted driving, then you could be entitled to compensation in Bradenton.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of experience when it comes to working with clients who have been involved in distracted driving accidents in Bradenton and across the State of Florida. Our team of car accident attorneys is well trained to deal with complex cases such as this, and we will help to achieve justice for you and your family.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a car accident lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your distracted driving accident in Bradenton. Phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- What to Do After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
- Types of Distracted Driving in Bradenton, FL.
- Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving Car Accidents in Bradenton, FL.
- Statute of Limitations for a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
- Protecting Your Legal Rights After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
- Contact The Law Place Today in Bradenton, FL.
What to Do After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
We hope that you are never in the position where you will have to take this advice, but if you ever find yourself in a Bradenton car accident, we highly recommend that you follow these steps:
- Move to safety – If you are uninjured, move away from the dangers of oncoming traffic to a safer place near the scene of the accident.
- Injuries – Check yourself and other people to see if you have sustained any injuries. If you have, call an ambulance to the scene of the crash right away.
- Police – You are required to pick up your phone and call the police to the location of a car accident under Florida Statute 316.062. Once the police officers arrive at the scene, they will file an official report which is also a useful piece of evidence when you want to file for compensation later.
- Contact details – Following a Bradenton car accident, you must exchange contact details with the other driver involved, including names, phone numbers, insurance information, and vehicle registration numbers.
- Evidence – If you are in a capable position to do so, try to collect as much evidence as you can from the scene of the crash, such as taking pictures of the damage, location, skid marks, injuries, and anything else that you think might be relevant for your case.
- Hire a car accident attorney – If you want to give yourself the best chance of achieving compensation following a distracted driving accident, get in contact with a car accident attorney from The Law Place today. Call our office to set up a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
Types of Distracted Driving in Bradenton, FL.
Distracted driving is anytime that a driver takes their attention off the road. If you were involved in a car accident that was caused by a distracted driver, then you must become aware of the three different types of distracted driving:
- Visual distraction – All drivers have a legal duty of care to remain vigilant when they are operating a motor vehicle. If a driver gets distracted by looking at their mobile phone, navigational advice, searching for something that they dropped, checking on a child or passenger in the back seat, or reading a map, then these are known as visual distractions.
- Manual distraction – All drivers are responsible for being in control of their motor vehicle at all times when on the road. If a driver removes their hands from the wheel by using their mobile phone to send a text message, eating, drinking, smoking, applying makeup, or looking for something in a bag, then these are known as manual distractions.
- Cognitive distraction – All drivers are required to keep their focus when they are behind the wheel. If a driver loses focus by thinking about how to respond to a text message, daydreaming, talking to another passenger, thinking about work, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then these are known as cognitive distractions.
Bradenton Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving Car Accidents in Bradenton, FL.
The Bradenton car accident lawyers at The Law Place have experience in building personal injury claims and fighting to win full compensation for injuries that are sustained in distracted driving car accidents. Our law firm has managed to help clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones.
- Severe burns.
- Back injuries.
- Chest injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Head and neck injuries.
- Loss of limbs.
- Internal organ damage.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Statute of Limitations for a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
The statute of limitations declares that you have up to four years from the date of your distracted driving car accident to pursue a personal injury claim according to the statute of limitations. If you lost a loved one in a distracted driving car accident, then the law allows you only two years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Protecting Your Legal Rights After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in Bradenton, FL.
Distracted drivers must be held accountable for their negligent actions that might have caused other people to suffer injuries. If you wish to file a personal injury claim following a distracted driving car accident, then you will have to prove that the driver behaved in a negligent manner behind the wheel. The car accident lawyers at The Law Place will investigate your case to prove these four key aspects:
- Duty of care – The driver had a legal duty of care to you.
- Breach – The driver breached their duty of care by behaving in a negligent manner.
- Causation – The driver’s negligence caused you to sustain injuries.
- Damages – You suffered damages due to their negligence.
All drivers have a responsibility to operate their motor vehicles safely and in line with the law in the State of Florida. But if a driver were to break the law and cause an accident that inflicts injuries on another person, then they can be held liable for that person’s damages.
A list of damages includes medical expenses, loss of income, property damage, pain and suffering, wrongful death, and many other economic damages or non-economic damages that could be applicable for compensation under Florida law.
Contact The Law Place Today in Bradenton, FL.
If you were injured by a distracted driver, then you could be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and other damages following a Bradenton car accident. Distracted driving car accidents have the potential to dramatically change a person’s life, and the at-fault driver must be held responsible.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of experience and knowledge when it comes to working under personal injury law and recovering compensation for car accident victims in Bradenton and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has the necessary skills and resources to calculate your damages and negotiate with the insurance company involved to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation that will cover all of your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Pick up your phone and call our office today. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and one of our personal injury lawyers will be waiting to hear from you.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a car accident lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your distracted driving accident in Bradenton.