Being a driver in Bradenton means that you will often see miscellaneous objects scattered along the side of the road. This debris is commonly due to people purposefully discarding litter from their cars. However, it can also occur when an object is loose from its restraints and falls from a moving vehicle or an overfilled truck. The destruction caused by falling objects can be huge if the vehicle is moving at high speed. If you have been affected by such an incident, then you may be eligible for compensation.
There are several possible culprits that are responsible for loose objects on the road, such as trucking companies, drivers, or even local authorities. No one should be left at a loss due to the negligence of another. Here at The Law Place, we strive to represent our clients with efficiency and excellence. Our dedicated team boasts a combined experience of over 75 years and is willing to take on large organizations so that you get the justice that you deserve.
Call us today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open 24/7. Let us support you through your time of need.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Bradenton?
It is advised that you seek a free consultation from an experienced attorney to get advice as soon as possible, as your initial actions after a car accident can greatly affect the outcome of your case. Here are some vital steps to take following a car accident:
- Call 911 – If anyone has received physical injuries, then it is vital that you call the emergency services immediately. Additionally, you are required to contact the police under Florida Statute 316.062 if any injuries or damage to property has been sustained.
- Gather evidence – Gathering evidence can be vital to your claim. Relevant evidence includes the contact details and vehicle information of all other drivers and witnesses involved in the accident. Photographs are also an imperative piece of evidence. Make sure to photograph all damage sustained to both property and persons involved, as well as any loose objects on the road.
- Get medical attention – See a doctor as soon as you can, even if you do not require immediate medical attention. Many injuries are noticed after the initial shock of an accident has worn off. As stated in Florida Statute 627.736, you have up to 14 from the initial accident to acquire medical attention. This is especially important if you later need to seek compensation for injuries sustained.
- Contact a lawyer – Contact a lawyer as soon as you can. At The Law Place, we will help you to act quickly so that evidence can be gathered whilst it is still fresh. This can be vital to the strength of your case.
- Contact your insurance provider – Informing your insurance company swiftly is a requirement of many companies. However, these insurance companies are often only interested in their own profit. Therefore, we advise that you avoid talking to any insurance firm, including your own, about injuries sustained. The result may be that they use this information against your case in the future. When corresponding with an insurance company, it is recommended that you employ an accident lawyer to speak on your behalf.
Who Is Responsible for My Car Accident?
Multiple parties may share the responsibility for an accident, depending on the circumstances. In Florida, there is a comparative fault system in place under Florida Statute 768.81. This stipulates that liability can be shared between involved parties.
There are many reasons why loose objects may cause an accident. Whether it is an overfilled truck, a faulty car part, or negligent littering, many people can be held responsible. Liability can be placed on all manner of people, such as the driver, mechanic, or transport company. Furthermore, it may also be the fault of a local authority that has failed to clear loose objects from the road in a safe and timely manner. Therefore, this authority can also be held responsible. It is vital that fault is determined in order to make a successful claim.
It is important to remember that the comparative fault law means that you may be liable for some of the damages. In cases where you were speeding, for example, and you were found to be 30% at fault, then your compensation would be reduced by this amount. If you are less than 50% at fault, then you are still able to claim. The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place are waiting to take your case.
For a free legal consultation with a loose objects accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
Trucks have a limit on how heavy their loads can be. They need to secure a permit that only allows trucks to travel during periods where the roads are quieter so that there is less room for error. Despite this, many companies allow their vehicles on the road without such permission. This negligence is a common cause of car accidents in Bradenton.
Furthermore, in accordance with guidelines set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, trucking companies are also required to provide sufficient training for their staff. Though, we often see that these guidelines are also neglected.
Profit is often the main objective for these companies, and overloading their trucks allows them to make more money. However, in holding these companies responsible for their carelessness, you can encourage them to follow the rules in the future by making malpractice an unprofitable procedure.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of an accident caused by a trucking company, then you may be able to recover compensation. At our law firm, we have a team of car accident lawyers who have the experience necessary to deal with large corporations. We highly recommend that anyone involved in a motor vehicle accident seek legal representation. At The Law Place, our attorneys will fight to alleviate your pain and suffering, no matter the challenge.
Bradenton Loose Objects Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Another common cause of car accidents is when objects come loose due to a fault in the manufacturing or mechanics of a vehicle. An example could be fenders or faulty tires.
In such a case, the fault could be with several individuals, such as the manufacturer, the mechanic, or the driver, for failing to maintain the quality of their vehicle.
If your auto accident was caused by a manufacturer, then an accident attorney will help you in filing a product liability lawsuit.
Government and Private Road Guardians
In Bradenton and across the State of Florida, a government or private authority is usually charged with the maintenance of the roads. Your case could challenge their negligence if there was time for the objects to have been collected and the road to be cleared.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Bradenton Personal Injury Damages
Following any auto accident, victims often face the same types of damages. In hiring an accident attorney, you will have someone to help determine the cost of your pain and suffering with a case evaluation. Here is a list of damages that you can seek compensation for:
- Lost wages – Any physical injuries have the potential to result in lost wages. This loss can be both shortly after your accident and also cover lost earning potential in your future. This future loss can be calculated and recovered.
- Medical expenses – Medical expenses accumulate rapidly. After a car accident, you may be eligible for compensation to cover these. A personal injury claim may recover past and future medical bills, including transportation costs to and from appointments.
- Property Damage – Your car will most likely suffer damage in a car accident. You can also collect compensation for the cost of repairs and any other property damaged, e.g., your phone.
- Wrongful death – In the event of wrongful death, the family of the victim can claim back any money spent on the funeral, as well as a loss of income as determined in Florida Statute 768.21.
- Pain and suffering – Compensation is available for those who have suffered either physically or emotionally in the aftermath of an auto accident. Whilst physical damage can be recovered with ease; emotional suffering is often harder to prove. This is why a Bradenton accident attorney is essential. We will fight on your behalf.
The Importance of Acting Quickly After a Car Accident in Bradenton
It is vital to the strength of your case to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Evidence needs to be collected, and, over time, this evidence can be lost. CCTV can be deleted, damages repaired, memories forgotten, and debris cleaned up.
The Florida Senate states that all trucks must travel with a black box or EDR. If your accident was caused by loose objects that had fallen from a truck, then your lawyer will request the data from this black box or EDR.
Your Bradenton accident attorney will also collect evidence such as maintenance and employee records. But any delay to your case will allow trucking companies the time they need to tamper with this evidence.
This being said, if you have no choice but to wait, then do not hesitate to contact The Law Place. We are willing to take on your challenge and fight to recover every cent of the compensation you deserve.
What Will a Bradenton Accident Attorney Do for Me?
If you have been injured in a car accident and decide to contact The Law Place, we will offer you a free case evaluation. Following this consultation, we will offer some preliminary advice, regardless of the situation. If we think your claim is valid, we will then discuss your options further.
If you allow us to take on your case, our team will review the details together. From there, we will assign you the lawyer we feel is best suited to your case, who will then represent you as your advocate.
Insurance companies are much more likely to offer a larger sum of money when you are being represented by an experienced personal injury lawyer. In doing so, they avoid taking the case to court, where they will likely lose even more money.
How Much Will an Accident Lawyer Cost Me?
We work on a contingency basis. This way, you do not need to pay anything until your case has been settled. This system is designed to protect victims so that you are under no obligations unless you successfully win compensation. The State Bar Association in Florida closely monitors all contingency work in order to best protect those who need it most.
We will make sure to explain exactly what we can do for you and how our payment structure works before you decide on our representation. This way, you have the power to make an informed decision.
When your case is successful, any fees will be deducted from your settlement so that you never need to feel stressed about hefty lawyers’ fees. If, for any reason, your case is unsuccessful, you won’t have to pay a thing!
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been affected by an accident caused by loose objects on the roads of Bradenton, then contact us at The Law Place today.
Help us prevent the negligence of big companies by making them take responsibility for their actions. The suffering you have faced at the hands of others can be compensated.
We are confident that with over 75 years of experience, we will represent you to the highest standard. We are willing to fight against injustice and take on any transportation or insurance company that stands in your way.
Our phone lines are open 24/7 so that we can be there to help you whenever you need it.
Call us now for a free case evaluation and to take the first step into your future at (941) 444-4444.