The State of Florida has been ranked the worst state in America for pedestrian fatalities by Smart Growth America, as nearly 6,000 Florida pedestrians were killed between the years 2010-2019. This is, in part, because of how susceptible to injuries pedestrians are if they are involved in a car accident. These injuries can lead to high medical bills, physical pain, and all other types of life-changing impacts. Because of this, if you were a pedestrian involved in a car accident, then you should speak to a personal injury lawyer to find out if you could be entitled to compensation.
Collecting the compensation you deserve after a pedestrian accident can be a very tiresome and complex process. This is why it’s so important to have a skilled Bradenton pedestrian accident attorney fighting on your behalf.
The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place have over 75 years of collective experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients just like you. Our team will be fully capable and motivated to fight for the justice that you deserve and will use their knowledge and resources to give you the best chance at success. So if you’ve been involved in a car accident in Bradenton or elsewhere in Florida, then call The Law Place today for a free consultation. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Bradenton, FL.
Every accident that involves a pedestrian has the potential to be severe, but the most common accidents that occur are listed below:
- Intersection accidents – These accidents often occur when a pedestrian attempts to cross an intersection, but the crossing is poorly timed, and the driver can’t react and stop in time.
- Dart-out accidents – These occur when a pedestrian runs out into the road, and the driver doesn’t have enough time to react. However, the pedestrian isn’t automatically to blame, as the driver may not have been focusing on the road when the pedestrian crossed.
- Back-up accidents – This type of accident happens when a driver reverses without first checking behind the motor vehicle. These are often found in parking lots.
- Passing accidents – This occurs when a negligent driver has their view blocked by a bus or another vehicle that has stopped to let the pedestrian crossed. Because they can’t see, the drive may continue driving to pass the stopped vehicle, and they may end up hitting the pedestrian.
- Turn and merge accidents – If a driver is focused on turning or merging into traffic, they may not look both ways. This can lead to them hitting pedestrians.
- Vendor accidents – These accidents occur on neighborhood streets when people are waiting for food trucks or children are running to catch ice cream trucks.
If the pedestrian accident you were involved in was not your fault, then it doesn’t matter exactly what type of accident you were involved in. If you think you could be entitled to compensation, then you should contact The Law Place today and schedule a free case evaluation with one of our accident attorneys.
Common Causes of Bradenton Pedestrian Accidents
There are many different factors that can lead to a pedestrian accident. The most common causes are listed below:
- Distracted driving.
- Driving under the influence.
- Aggressive or reckless driving.
- Poor weather conditions.
These are just some of the many causes of Bradenton pedestrian accidents. Regardless of the circumstance, you should contact our law firm to book a free case evaluation. Our pedestrian accident attorneys will be able to determine if you have a valid claim and, if so, how to go about filing your lawsuit. If you choose to hire our experienced lawyers, they will be with you every step of the way and support and guide you throughout this process to give you the best chance at securing the justice you deserve.
Injuries Often Caused in a Bradenton Pedestrian Accident
All car accidents have the potential to be severe and leave those involved suffering greatly. However, pedestrian accidents are even more dangerous, as pedestrians have no protection against the impact. The severity of the injuries depends upon how fast the car was going, how large the vehicle was, and how the pedestrian hits the concrete when falling.
The following injuries are some of the most common ones sustained in pedestrian accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Soft tissue damage.
- Internal bleeding.
- Wrongful death.
If you have been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident in Florida, and it wasn’t your fault, then you may deserve compensation. Contact The Law Place today to speak to an experienced Bradenton attorney about your case.
Damages Commonly Won in Pedestrian Accident Cases in Bradenton, FL.
At The Law Place, we seek the highest amount of compensation possible on behalf of our clients. After determining who the negligent party is and what damages you sustained, our law firm will get to work at fighting for your compensation. We commonly recover financial compensation for the below damages:
- Medical expenses – If you sustained injuries in the auto accident that required medical treatment, then you should receive money to cover all medical bills and any other related costs, such as travel to and from medical appointments, prescriptions, and more.
- Lost wages – You might be entitled to compensation if the injuries meant you missed out on work and, therefore, wages.
- Pain and suffering – If you are experiencing emotional distress or loss of enjoyment, then you may be able to claim compensation. However, this can be difficult to prove, so it’s important you have a Bradenton pedestrian accident attorney on your side to help fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you might be entitled to compensation to cover funeral costs and loss of consortium.
While we know that no amount of compensation can heal the injuries and trauma you sustained, it can help you manage the financial losses you may now be burdened with. If you call The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, one of our experienced accident attorneys will be able to offer you valuable legal advice specific to your case.
The Law Place
If you have been involved in a Bradenton pedestrian accident, then you may deserve compensation. To ensure you have the best chances of winning your case and the justice you deserve, you should contact The Law Place today. Our personal injury lawyers will be able to guide and support you through the legal process and lift some of the stress off your shoulders.
To schedule a free consultation with The Law Place call today! Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate! Contact us now!
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form