Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, and prescription medication puts the lives of everyone on the road at risk of getting injured. It can be difficult to recover from a drunk driving accident, and you will need the most qualified car accident lawyer to represent your case in Bradenton.
One of the most common causes of car accidents is drunk driving. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) reported that there were close to 5,000 car crashes caused by drivers who were under the influence of alcohol, which resulted in 3,000 injuries and 400 deaths in the year 2019.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience and knowledge in tackling drunk driving accident cases in Bradenton and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has won compensation for hundreds of clients who have suffered injuries and other losses as a result of a drunk driver, and we know that we can succeed with your case too.
Call our office today to set up a free consultation, in which a drunk driving accident lawyer will discuss the facts surrounding your Bradenton drunk driving accident and help you to file a personal injury claim to secure the compensation that you are owed from the at-fault party.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a personal injury lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your drunk driving accident in Bradenton. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Drunk Driving Accident Injuries in Bradenton, FL.
There are many factors that contribute to the type of injuries sustained in a Bradenton drunk driving accident, such as the speed of the vehicles, the size of the vehicles, whether the people involved were wearing seatbelts, weather conditions, and more. The Bradenton car accident lawyers at The Law Place will help you to understand your legal rights and determine the amount of compensation that you could be owed for your injuries under Florida law.
Some of the main injuries that we have managed to recover compensation for clients involved in drunk driving accidents include:
- Bone fractures.
- Spinal injuries.
- Neck injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Skull fractures.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
If you were injured in a Bradenton drunk driving accident, then it is important that you receive medical attention as soon as possible. We understand that it can be a painful process to get back on your feet following a car accident, but our team of drunk driving accident lawyers will provide the support and guidance that you need to get through.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Drunk Driving Accident in Bradenton, FL?
The driver who was found guilty of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be held liable in regard to a car accident, but there are other parties that could also be held partially liable for the injuries and losses of a drunk driving accident victim in Bradenton.
Here are some of the main parties that can be held responsible for your injures and other related losses following a Bradenton drunk driving accident:
- Drunk driver – It is clear the driver who chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated will bear the main liability for a drunk driving accident. The drunk driver will most likely be convicted of a DUI, and they will have to pay fines and spend some time in jail. In addition, they could also be ordered to compensate the victim for injuries and other losses as a result of their negligent actions.
- Public establishment – A bar, restaurant, or another public establishment that serves alcohol could be held liable for the injuries of the drunk driving accident victim if they knew that the customer had a reputation for being an alcoholic, but they still continued to serve the customer. Florida Statute 768.125outlines Florida’s dram shop liability law.
- Social hosts – A private host who throws a party or social gathering and serves alcohol to their guests might also receive penalties if one of their guests decides to drive under the influence and ends up causing a car accident while leaving their party.
- Employers – Employers are responsible for the actions of their employees in the duration of their employment. For example, if an employee consumes alcohol and crashes their motor vehicle in the middle of their working hours, then the employer could be held liable to compensate the victim who suffered injuries or other losses in the drunk driving accident.
- Negligent entrustment – If the owner of a motor vehicle entrusts another person to operate their vehicle, knowing that the person has consumed alcohol or seems to be intoxicated, then the owner of the vehicle can also be held liable for any injuries or losses that resulted in the drunk driving accident.
Bradenton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Statute of Limitations for Drunk Driving Accidents in Bradenton, FL.
The statute of limitations outlines the amount of time that you have to file a personal injury claim following an accident. The State of Florida gives you four years from the date that the accident occurred to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation. If you do not meet the deadline, then you will lose your legal right to recover compensation in regard to the Bradenton drunk driving accident.
The car accident lawyers at The Law Place will help you to figure out your next steps so that you do not miss out on the compensation that you need to pay for your medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
More information on the statute of limitations in the State of Florida can be found here: Florida Statue 95.11.
Click to contact our Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers today
Compensation Available for a Drunk Driving Accident in Bradenton, FL.
You will have most likely suffered a number of damages following a Bradenton drunk driving accident, which means that you will have a serious financial burden on your shoulders. It is not easy to recover from injuries sustained in a car accident, and you will need a personal injury lawyer to help you secure the compensation that you are owed.
Our law firm will fight to recover economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Medical bills – Hospital stays, visits to the doctor, surgery, rehabilitation, physical therapy, prescription medication, and more.
- Loss of income – You might be left unable to work following a Bradenton drunk driving accident, which means that you will lose out on income and future earning potential.
- Property damage – The costs to repair or replace your vehicle or other damaged property can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Pain and suffering – It is not uncommon for people to suffer from physical pain, mental trauma, or emotional anguish in the aftermath of a Bradenton drunk driving accident.
- Wrongful death – People who have lost a loved one in a Bradenton drunk driving accident can file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Drunk Driving Accident in Bradenton, FL?
It can be challenging to navigate a complicated case such as a drunk driving accident on your own, and that is why you will need a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place. A personal injury lawyer will be able to guide you through the legal system and help you in these ways:
- Your legal options – A drunk driving accident lawyer will explain your legal options and give you a clear understanding of the smartest moves to make in regard to your case. In addition, they will provide you with the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time. They will also update you every step of the way while you are on your road to recovery.
- Communication – A drunk driving accident lawyer will manage all forms of communication between the parties involved in your case, including the prosecutors, police officers, witnesses, and more. They will represent your best interests and ensure that your legal rights are always respected.
- Insurance companies – A drunk driving accident lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company involved and settle with the maximum amount of compensation for your case. It is not uncommon for insurance companies to try and get you to settle for less compensation than you deserve, or they could even deny your claim altogether. Our law firm is highly aware of the tactics that insurance companies use, and we will not let anyone take advantage of your case.
- Calculating compensation – A drunk driving accident lawyer will calculate the amount of damages that you have suffered, including your past, present, and future medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. They will explore all possible sources of compensation to make sure that your losses are covered.
We know that it is not easy to recover from a car accident – especially when it was not your fault. No drunk driver should not be held responsible for their actions. That is why you will need to hire a Bradenton drunk driving accident lawyer from The Law Place to manage your case so that you can focus on your road to recovery. A Bradenton drunk driving accident lawyer will investigate your case, determine the extent of the damage caused, calculate your losses, deal with the necessary paperwork, push your case forward and fill you in every step of the way.
Contact The Law Place Today in Bradenton, FL.
If you were hurt in a car accident due to the negligence of a drunk driver, then you will need to enlist the services of a personal injury lawyer to manage your case and fight for the compensation that you are owed. Drunk driving accidents are complicated cases, and they require the skills of a personal injury lawyer to guide you through the legal system in the State of Florida.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience when it comes to managing drunk driving accident cases in Bradenton and all over the State of Florida. We understand that you might be feeling overwhelmed in the aftermath of a car accident, but we want to make the process easier for you.
A Bradenton drunk driving accident lawyer will investigate your case while you take the time that you need to recover from your injuries. Our law firm will explore every option and resource in order to win the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and other related losses. Rest assured that we will achieve justice for your case and hold the drunk driver responsible for their actions.
Contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation today, and a personal injury lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve following your drunk driving accident in Bradenton.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form