Truck accidents are one of the most dangerous types of car accidents, as they are so large and heavy. This means they have the capability to turn what would have been an ordinary car accident, into a much more severe and potentially lethal disaster, because they have a more powerful impact. It is very common for these accidents in Clearwater to occur at intersections for a number of reasons that can be found below.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident at an intersection in Clearwater, then you should get in touch with a law firm immediately to discover whether you may deserve compensation. The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place have the experience needed to help guide and support you through a sometimes grueling legal process, and by working with them, you are ensuring that you’re giving yourself the best chance at winning the compensation that you deserve. So, contact The Law Place today on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation with an accomplished accident attorney today.
In This Article
- Common Types of Truck Accidents at Intersections in Clearwater, FL
- Common Causes of Truck Accidents at Intersections in Clearwater, FL
- Injuries Commonly Caused by a Truck Accident at an Intersection in Clearwater
- Damages Commonly Awarded After a Truck Accident at an Intersection in Clearwater, FL
- The Law Place
Common Types of Truck Accidents at Intersections in Clearwater, FL
There are many different types of truck accidents that could occur, and the severity of injury often depends on this. Most accidents that involve trucks at intersections are as follows:
- T-bone – This is the most common type of truck accident to occur at an intersection. This is where the front of a vehicle collides with the side of another, and can often be incredibly dangerous as the sides of vehicles do not have “crumple zones” to help protect the passengers.
- Rear-end – Larger vehicles, such as trucks, require more time and distance when braking to slow down and/or reach a full stop. If a truck driver hasn’t left enough room from the vehicle in front, then it could be difficult to prevent a rear-end collision if the vehicle in front happened to stop suddenly.
- Underride – This is the same as a rear-end collision, but the other way round, and so the smaller vehicle would crash into the back of the truck. The smaller vehicle then may slide underneath the truck, which could cause life-threatening injuries to the driver and passengers.
- Rollover – This is when a truck driver loses control of their vehicle on a curve or turn and usually occurs when the driver is speeding. This may then cause the truck to flip or fall onto its side, crushing traffic in the next lane.
An accident can also occur if the truck has not left enough room when turning, and so may collide with a vehicle in an adjacent lane.
There are many other types of truck accidents. Regardless of the type, if you have been injured in an accident at an intersection in Clearwater, then you need to call The Law Place today. You will be able to book a free case evaluation with a personal injury lawyer and receive advice and guidance about your specific case, and the best steps to take from there.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents at intersection lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Truck Accidents at Intersections in Clearwater, FL
Intersections are very dangerous areas of the road for most drivers of any vehicle, but even more so for truck drivers, because they require such a wide radius when making turns. However, there are many more reasons as to why a truck accident may occur at an intersection. Some of these are listed below:
- Distracted driving – Drivers can be easily distracted by their cellphones, eating, talking to passengers, and more. However, when they are not paying adequate attention to the road, then they could quite easily cause very dangerous accidents.
- Confused driving – If a driver is not familiar with a certain intersection, then they will likely be confused about what lane they should be in and when or where their turn is.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be sufficiently alert, and their decision-making skills will be impacted, and their reaction times slowed.
- Impatient or aggressive driving – When a driver is speeding or committing other violations, then there is not only a higher risk of an accident occurring but, if an accident did happen, then the impact will likely be much worse.
- Failure to stop – When drivers run red lights or fail to yield at stop signs, then they could easily cause a dangerous accident.
- Driving error – Larger vehicles take much longer to accelerate or brake than smaller cars and require more space when turning. If the truck driver misjudges the amount of time needed to brake or space needed to turn, then this could cause an accident.
Any intersection in Clearwater has the potential to be dangerous, because of the large number of drivers traveling together in different directions and lanes, but the above factors will increase the likelihood of an accident happening.
If you have been involved in a truck accident at an intersection in Clearwater, then you may be entitled to compensation. You should contact The Law Place today to book a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer who can assess your case and offer you legal advice. So, don’t wait: start fighting for the justice you are owed today!
Clearwater Truck Accident at Intersection Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Injuries Commonly Caused by a Truck Accident at an Intersection in Clearwater
Any type of car accident, including any kind of vehicle, can cause severe injuries to those involved, but a truck accident can leave victims with even more devastating injuries, and, sadly, sometimes fatal. This is because of the sheer size and weight, which often causes a bigger and more catastrophic impact. Some of the injuries that are most commonly sustained in truck accidents at intersections are as follows:
- Lacerations, bruises, cuts, soreness, and burns.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Traumatic brain and head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries, sometimes causing paralysis.
- Internal organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident and have sustained any kind of injury or negative impact, regardless of how small or life-changing, then you need to get in touch with our law firm as you may be entitled to financial compensation. Our personal injury lawyers have vast experience in dealing with cases like yours, and so you can trust that you will be receiving the best legal advice and giving yourself the best chance possible at winning your case and the justice that you deserve. So, call The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Damages Commonly Awarded After a Truck Accident at an Intersection in Clearwater, FL
At The Law Place, we know that the victims of truck accidents not only have to deal with the injuries and trauma that they may have been left with, but also financial losses, in the ways of medical bills, property damage, and more. We know that you don’t deserve this extra, unnecessary burden, and we will fight every step of the way to ensure that you receive the financial compensation that you deserve for the accident. Below is a list of the types of damages that The Law Place often recovers compensation for:
- Medical bills – If you sustained any injuries in the accident, and had to pay for any medical expenses because of them, then you deserve compensation to cover those bills. This includes past, present, and future medical expenses, as well as related costs, such as travel to and from appointments.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, and you had to pay to repair the vehicle, then you should be reimbursed for that cost.
- Lost wages – If you were rendered unable to attend work because of the injuries caused by the accident, and so lost wages, then those lost wages should be covered by compensation. This includes any past and future earnings.
- Pain and suffering – If the accident left you with emotional suffering and has left you unable to take part in activities or hobbies that you once enjoyed, then you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death – If you sadly lost a loved one in the accident, then you could receive money to cover the funeral costs and loss of consortium.
The losses caused by a truck accident can be devastating and may have a permanent effect on your life. We know that money will not be able to fix all the problems the accident left behind; however, it can cover any financial burdens that you are now suffering from and serve as some form of closure and justice for you. Receiving justice can be very helpful and influential in your personal recovery from the accident, and so you should not leave it in the hands of amateurs. Our Clearwater truck accident lawyers have a combined 75 years of experience and will be able to guide and support you through the complicated Florida legal system, so contact us now at The Law Place, to schedule a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Place
The Florida legal system can be complex and tough to navigate, and so it can be crucial for you and your case that you have a lawyer on your side. A lawyer will be able to take care of the complicated work for you and ensure that you do not get taken advantage of.
So, if you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, contact The Law Place today at (941) 444-4444 to arrange a free consultation. By working with our law group, you will be able to focus on your mental and physical recovery, assured that an experienced attorney is devoted to your claim and winning you your justice.