If you have been involved in an auto accident with a truck, we know that the results can be life-changing. Trucks are often twice the size of a regular vehicle, and so this makes them far more likely to be devastating and fatal than a regular car accident, especially for the driver and passengers inside the smaller vehicle.
One of the most common types of collisions experienced when a truck is involved is a T-bone crash. This is where the front of a car or truck collides with the side of another vehicle, potentially causing an incredibly dangerous car accident. In Clearwater, T-bone crashes often occur at intersections when a driver has failed to yield at a stop sign or red light and has driven straight into crossing traffic.
If you have been involved in a T-bone crash with a truck, then you may deserve compensation. At The Law Place, our accident attorneys are highly experienced in dealing with the cases of victims of truck T-bone accidents. They are exceptionally dangerous types of crashes, and often have catastrophic consequences. Many drivers and passengers are unfortunately seriously injured, or even killed, in T-bone accidents, and often cars are left completely crushed or destroyed because of the sheer size and power of the truck in the impact.
Therefore, it is crucial that if you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Clearwater, that you call our law group today on (941) 444-4444. You will be able to book a completely free consultation with an experienced accident attorney and receive sound legal advice, which can help guide you to the next step. Don’t take on the Florida legal system and a big insurance company alone; get help from dedicated and tenacious lawyers, who will give you the best chance at winning the justice you deserve.
Common Causes of Truck T-Bone Crashes in Clearwater, FL
As mentioned before, T-bone crashes typically happen at intersections when one driver has failed to stop at a red traffic light of a stop sign. However, this isn’t always the only cause of a T-bone accident at an intersection, and sometimes T-bone collisions don’t happen at an intersection at all. Listed below are some of the most common causes of a truck T-bone accident:
- Failure to stop – Some drivers may not yield at a stop sign or may run red lights, which can cause T-bone collisions as the drive straight into passing traffic.
- Drunk driving – Driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol slows down a driver’s reaction times and impacts their judgment and rationality.
- Distracted driving – Drivers face many distractions when on the road, mainly from cell phones, but also when eating and drinking, adjusting the radio, even when just talking to passengers, and more. When distracted, drivers are unable to pay sufficient attention to their surroundings, which makes it more likely for them to crash.
- Negligent or aggressive driving – Drivers who disobey the rules of the road put other drivers at great risk. In particular, speeding is a common cause of many T-bone crashes, and speeding can also increase the impact of the accident and the severity of the injuries sustained.
- Driver misjudgments – Many T-bone collisions are caused because of driver error. This includes drivers misjudging the gap in traffic or the oncoming traffic speed, which can then lead to a dangerous truck accident.
- Poor weather conditions – Conditions such as rain, sleet, and snow can make it dangerous to drive a regular car, and so it’s even more dangerous when driving a large commercial truck in such circumstances. The common Clearwater rainstorms, in particular, can make the roads slippery and impair the vision of drivers.
- Fatigue – Drivers that are tired often fail to react to situations quickly enough, and that’s if they’re able to notice them at all.
- Failure to maintain the vehicle – By not maintaining the truck properly, there is a risk that mechanical defects, for example, brake failure, will go unnoticed until it’s too late.
- Inadequate driver training – Driving a truck is very different from driving a car, and much more dangerous. Because of this, specified training is required to be able to drive one proficiently. If a driver has not been sufficiently trained in driving such a large vehicle, then a truck accident could easily occur.
Regardless of the cause, if you have been a victim of a T-bone crash with a truck that wasn’t your fault, then you deserve compensation. Our law group has ample experience in dealing with Florida law and truck accident cases, and so you can be sure that we will be able to offer you the best guidance and help possible. So call The Law Place today to schedule a free consultation. You don’t have to face a big insurance company alone; contact us for legal advice from an experienced Clearwater truck accident lawyer and more.
Injuries Commonly Caused by T-Bone Crashes in Clearwater, FL
T-bone accidents can be extremely dangerous, especially when they involve large trucks. They often result in severe injuries, and even deaths, usually for those in the vehicle that was struck on its side. This is because the sides of cars do not have any “crumple zones,” unlike the front and rear of a car. “Crumple zones” offer protection as they absorb the force of a collision, and so those sat in the side of the car that was hit are at an extensive risk of sustaining serious injuries. This has the potential to then lead to high medical bills and could permanently impact the lives of those involved. When trucks are involved, these injuries can become even more devastating, as trucks are much larger, heavier, and powerful than smaller cars. As well as this, the speed that the vehicle was moving at before colliding with the other can also substantially affect the severity of the injuries.
Some of the injuries that are commonly sustained in T-bone truck accidents are listed below:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Sprains, road rash, lacerations, cuts, burns, and bruises.
- Traumatic brain or head injuries.
- Internal organ injuries or internal bleeding.
- Amputation and disfigurement.
- Wrongful death.
An auto accident can also cause severe damage to the vehicles involved as well as extensive emotional distress and mental strain to those affected.
If you have suffered any of the above injuries, or others, because of a truck T-boning you, then you should call The Law Place for a free case evaluation in Clearwater today. Our law group is fully prepared to take on your case and skilled enough to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of financial compensation possible.
Who Is Liable in a Clearwater Truck T-Bone Accident?
It can be very difficult to determine who is liable in a truck accident as there are often many different factors involved in an accident and so many different parties that could be deemed accountable. Some of the most common parties who could be deemed reliable are as follows:
- The truck driver.
- The truck manufacturer.
- Truck maintenance.
- A third-party driver.
- A government entity.
Because there are so many possible at-fault parties, it is incredibly important to get in touch with an experienced law group so that a personal injury lawyer can assess your case and determine which party is at fault. In some cases, there may even be more than one party liable, and it could be possible for you to file multiple cases against several individuals or entities. Therefore, if you have been involved in a truck accident, it is crucial that you contact The Law Place to ensure that you have guidance when claiming for damages.
Damages Commonly Awarded After a T-Bone Truck Accident in Clearwater, FL
If you have been a victim of a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. Car accidents can have life-changing and devastating consequences, not just because of the injuries and trauma caused, but also potentially in a staggering amount of financial losses. This could be caused by medical bills, lost wages, and more. Because of this, it is important to our law group that you receive the justice that you deserve for all you have endured. Listed below are some of the most common damages that you may be able to receive financial compensation for:
- Medical bills – If you sustained injuries in the car accident that meant you had to receive medical help, you deserve compensation to help you pay the medical bills. This can include travel to and from any appointments and any other related costs.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged or totaled in the auto accident, then you could be reimbursed for any money spent on repairing it in Clearwater.
- Lost wages – If the crash left you with injuries or trauma that prevented you from attending your work for a period of time, then you could be owed money to cover your lost wages, past, and future.
- Pain and suffering – Truck accidents can often leave victims suffering from mental and emotional distress, and unable to enjoy activities and hobbies you once used to. If this is the case for you, then you may deserve compensation. This is often very hard to prove, and so it is a good idea to have a personal injury lawyer on your side to help you fight for your case.
- Loss of a loved one – If you have lost a loved one because of the crash, then you should receive compensation to cover funeral costs and loss of consortium.
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Clearwater, then you should call our law group today for a free case evaluation. Our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place have over 75 years of combined experience with dealing in the Florida legal system and insurance companies, and so you know that enlisting the help of one of our accident attorneys will give you the best chance at winning the compensation that you deserve.
Why You Need an Accident Attorney on Your Side
Many trucking companies will have already had to deal with multiple car accidents involving their trucks, and will likely have procedures in place to help protect themselves and their drivers. The company will likely also have an insurance company and legal representatives on their side, prepared and experienced in reducing the severity and success chances of any claim brought against them. They will be fighting to minimize your case against them, and, if you don’t have legal representation yourself, may be successful.
In order to be able to counteract the trucking company’s efforts, you will need an accomplished attorney on your side. The Law Place will be able to offer you sound legal representation that is fully capable of guiding and supporting you through the legal process. You can be sure that all of our lawyers would be able to give you the best possible legal representation in Florida.
The Law Place
If you have been involved in a truck T-bone accident, then you may deserve compensation. To ensure you give yourself the best chance of winning your case and the maximum amount of financial compensation possible, you should contact a personal injury lawyer from our law group today. A Clearwater accident attorney will be able to help you navigate the complicated Florida legal process and lift some of the stress from your shoulders.
And don’t worry about the costs: all of our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place work on a contingency basis, which means that you will not be charged upfront. Instead, all fees will be recovered from the settlement upon winning the case. If your case is unsuccessful, you will not be charged anything.
So, call The Law Place today on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation with a tenacious and dedicated lawyer. Don’t wait for help; contact us today to get the justice that you deserve!