Drivers in Fort Myers and all over the country are expected to follow the regulations and laws of the road. Driving on the opposite side of the road or traveling in the wrong direction is very dangerous and can cause fatal injury or death. It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that the rules of the road are followed in order to keep pedestrians and other road users safe from injury and harm.
Car accidents are very common in many countries and can be very traumatic to everyone involved. Head-on collisions as a result of driving in the wrong direction can be fatal. If there are high speeds, then the results can be catastrophic and could potentially cause fatal injuries to passing pedestrians and damage to buildings as well as other vehicles.
If you or a loved one are involved in a car crash involving a negligent driver, and you are currently experiencing pain and suffering, serious injuries, or loss of life, then you may be eligible for compensation, this includes any damages that may have been incurred, from medical expenses to property damage.
Contact The Law Place today for a free consultation, and our accident lawyers will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the compensation and justice you deserve. Call The Law Place on (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Wrong-Way Driver Statistics
- Fort Myers Car Accident Damages
- Causes of Wrong-Way Collisions in Fort Myers
- Results of Head-On Collisions in Fort Myers, FL
- Time Limit After a Fort Myers Car Accident
- What Will a Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
- Call The Law Place Today
Wrong-Way Driver Statistics
The Federal Highway Administration has recorded statistics for all road traffic accidents, and the below statistics apply directly to wrong-way car accidents:
- 69% of road traffic accidents involved alcohol
- 57% were over the weekend
- 31% occurred between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- On average, 260 lives are lost in wrong-way collisions
In Fort Myers, a wrong-way collision is considered to be quite rare. Although, they still account for 360 deaths per year, demonstrating how fatal and dangerous wrong-way collisions can be. The state has been looking into methods of making the roads safer, for example, more road signs, increased visibility of road signs, and clear road marking to make sure that even distracted road users can avoid driving in the wrong direction and causing accidents.
For a free legal consultation with a wrong way accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Fort Myers Car Accident Damages
If you find yourself in a Fort Myers car accident, you may find expenses mounting up, and you may even be unable to afford medical expenses. In most cases, insurance companies will attempt to minimize the payout and devalue any compensation claims. Our personal injury lawyers will work hard to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
There are many different types of damages that can be claimed in the event of a Fort Myers car accident; they are as follows:
- Medical bills – Medical bills can mount up as a result of a crash, and depending on the severity of the car accident, this can be very expensive. You are entitled to these damages as a result of negligence. The Law Place will work alongside you and provide you with dedicated personal injury lawyers who will help claim for damages, rehabilitation costs, and any home adjustments needed as a result of the accident.
- Loss of wages – As a result of a car accident, you may have to take a substantial amount of time off work, which could leave you struggling to pay bills. You could potentially claim for loss of earnings and loss of potential earnings if the accident caused you to lose your employment.
- Pain and suffering – If you or a loved one have been victims of a Fort Myers car accident, then you deserve compensation as this can have a drastic effect on your life. In many cases, this can be difficult to measure and claim, but with our personal injury lawyers, they will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the right amount of compensation for the pain you have suffered.
- Property damage – Usually, in a car accident, property is damaged. This can be your own vehicle, belongings, or even public property. Anything lost or damaged as a result of an auto accident should be claimed for, and we will be there to fight for a fair payout.
- Wrongful death – A death can have catastrophic consequences on you and your family’s entire life and therefore needs to be compensated. A wrongful death lawsuit could be filed in accordance with Florida Statute 768.21, loss of income and funeral-related expenses will be included in the settlement.
Fort Myers Wrong Way Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Causes of Wrong-Way Collisions in Fort Myers
Any collision that occurs due to a vehicle going the wrong way can be fatal and is usually caused by negligent drivers who are in a rush or are behaving recklessly, putting other people at risk.
There are many reckless behaviors that can contribute to a head-on collision, such as the dismissal of state laws regarding road signs, alcohol or drug-related incidents, improper maneuvers, or an attempt to find a shortcut. Another common cause of a wrong-way collision is exit ramps. If the driver enters the wrong lane and drives in the opposite direction of travel, then a collision is guaranteed.
This behavior on the road is simply unacceptable as a Fort Myers wrong-way car accident could result in fatal injuries or loss of life, with a lasting effect on the families of the victim and anyone else involved.
Results of Head-On Collisions in Fort Myers, FL
In an auto accident that involves a head-on collision, most cases result in fatalities leaving those who survive with serious injuries, both physical and mental, that can last a lifetime. This can sometimes require medical care and rehabilitation, which can be very expensive. Common injuries of a head-on collision include:
- Whiplash and extensive damage to the spinal cord
- Facial disfigurement and broken bones
- Damage to the brain and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Chest trauma and damage
- Damage to limbs as a result of safety equipment (seat belts)
All of the above injuries are life-changing and will have a direct impact on your lifestyle and the way you live. Whiplash, chest and limb damage affect mobility and, therefore, would negatively impact your life and likely cause mental anguish. For example, if you were into sports and had an accident which affected your legs, then you would not be able to continue your hobbies, which would likely be very upsetting. The Law Place is dedicated to making sure there is hope after your Fort Myers car accident by making sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time Limit After a Fort Myers Car Accident
In the event of any auto accident, it is highly recommended to seek help as quickly as possible. Evidence needs to be obtained for a better chance of a fair settlement. This evidence can be witnesses, CCTV, damaged property, and anything else that can be used in relation to the incident. If this evidence is not retrieved quickly enough, then it can be replaced, deleted, or repaired, which could impact your claim.
A very important step is that you seek medical attention. It is important to determine any injuries you might have sustained as a result of this accident. If this is left too long, then it could be argued by a defense attorney that the injuries were not that bad. It is recommended that you seek out a medical professional immediately. In some cases, adrenaline could prevent the victim from realizing the extent of their injuries.
Florida Statute 627.736 states that medical care must be found within two weeks of the accident in order to make any type of personal injury claim. Another statute of limitations that should be considered is Florida Statute 95.11, which states that from the date of the accident, you have up to four years to make a personal injury claim. This can be amended under extenuating circumstances, for instance, if you have had a long recovery period in the hospital or if you have been in a coma. If you have lost a loved one due to an auto accident, then a wrongful death lawsuit can only be filed up to two years from the date of the accident.
Get in touch with The Law Place today and so that our personal injury lawyers can offer you a free consultation with advice on how to process information and what your next steps should be moving forward.
What Will a Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
Many auto accidents can be traumatic to everyone involved, and if you need to go to court and claim damages, it can be a very stressful process. The Law Place is here to make sure that you have the support and advice needed to take the initial first steps and to guide you throughout the whole process, leaving you to focus on your family and recovery.
The Law Place will offer a free consultation upon your first phone call and offer initial advice. Our personal injury lawyers will ask certain questions to understand the validity of your claim. Once this has been discussed and we agree to pursue your claim, we will then request more detailed information and proceed with your claim.
At this stage, we will request further details from you for your case and discuss our fee structure. You are free to ask any questions you need to. The Law Place is monitored by The State Bar Association, and we work on a contingency basis, so we will deduct the fee from any final settlement, which means there is no initial fee for you to pay. It is important to note that 90% of cases with legal representation result in a payout that is 60% higher than those attempting to claim damages with no legal representation.
At this stage, you are not contractually obligated to continue with us, so if you choose to walk away, then this is absolutely fine. If you do choose legal representation with The Law Place, then we will get to work on your case straight away to give you the best opportunity for a fair settlement. The Law Place will review your case, and with the collective experience of 75 years, we will work hard to ensure you receive the maximum compensation owed and the justice that is deserved.
Once you have chosen to work with us, then we will provide you with a dedicated personal injury lawyer who will represent you to the best of their ability. They will work on your behalf, gathering evidence, liaising with insurance companies, and making sure your claim is not devalued, and ensuring that if your case goes to court, then you have the best representation possible.
Call The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of an auto accident due to negligence and reckless behavior in Fort Myers, then get in touch with The Law Place today for a free consultation.
One of our trained personal injury lawyers will answer your call and offer advice and support 24/7. No one should suffer at the hands of a reckless and dangerous driver, which is why we are here to make sure you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Dangerous drivers must be held accountable for their actions and face the law. If they are responsible for car accidents, we will make sure they face the justice system and stop them from causing damage and trauma to anyone else.
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation on (941) 444-4444.