A T-bone accident is an accident where the front of one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle. These accidents are most likely to happen at intersections when a driver fails to stop correctly at a traffic signal or stop sign, or otherwise fails to yield to an oncoming driver who has the right of way.
Due to the size and bulk difference between a regular car and a truck, T-bone accidents involving a truck are often the source of catastrophic damage. It is common for someone involved in a T-bone accident to sustain a serious injury or even a potential fatality, which could lead to a wrongful death claim.
There are many intersections in Fort Myers, Florida, which could lead to such an accident. If you have been involved in one of these car or truck accidents, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. A personal injury lawyer from The Law Place is the best choice to guide you through the complicated legal process involved in reclaiming your entitled compensation back from insurance companies.
We offer free consultation and have a wealth of experience and respect for the attorney-client relationship. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for free case evaluations at your convenience. If you feel you may be entitled to a claim following an accident in southwest Florida, then call us on (941) 444-4444 as soon as possible!
What Are Some of the Most Common Causes of T-Bone Truck and Car Accidents in Fort Myers?
As mentioned above, intersections are one of the most common locations in southwest Florida for a T-bone car accident to occur.
With careful and correct driving, a T-bone collision should not occur. There are many safety precautions involved in the laws of the road, which prevent the possibility of such an accident. However, accidents do often happen due to driver negligence. This is good news if you have been a victim of such an accident, as one of our experienced accident attorneys should not struggle to prove that the fault for your accident lies with another party.
Some examples of circumstances which could lead to a T-bone car accident in Fort Myers would include:
- Complications with the intersection – It is not impossible that an intersection in Fort Myers could be working improperly. Sometimes the road may not be marked properly, or a sign or traffic signal could be broken or damaged. In this case, your accident attorney would need to establish whether the fault for the car accident lay with the third-party driver or with the government entity responsible for the road markings themselves, or both.
- Driver error – Human error is the most common cause of T-bone accidents. These encompass a wide variety of different cases, from distracted driving (such as a mistake made while distracted by phone use) to errors such as running a red light. Reckless driving and speeding are also common causes of injury following a truck accident in Fort Myers, as a trucker’s job provides the incentive to complete their job quickly and efficiently – providing the temptation to cut dangerous corners. Sleep deprivation is another common cause of truck accidents for similar reasons.
- Intoxication – If a driver is driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, their perception and reaction speeds become compromised. This is a major cause of accidents across Florida and beyond. An accident attorney from The Law Place would work hard to ensure that you do not suffer uncompensated for someone else’s selfish recklessness.
- Technical malfunction – Sometimes, it may difficult to place the fault squarely with the truck driver. Their vehicle may have malfunctioned. For example, their brakes may have failed, leading to the T-bone accident. A personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will be able to guide you through complications involved in making such a claim.
If you have been involved in a T-bone car accident in Fort Myers or anywhere else in southwest Florida, then you may be entitled to compensation. Your accident may have been caused by one of the reasons above, or your case may be more complicated. Either way, the best way to get an estimate for your compensation potential is to contact The Law Place today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck t-bone crashes lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Who Is Liable in a Fort Myers Truck T-Bone Accident?
Determining who is liable for the damages following a truck or car accident in Fort Myers can be a complicated process. There are many potential parties who could be held accountable if deemed at fault. Some of the most common examples of liable parties in truck and car accidents of this nature include:
- The truck driver – As mentioned above, if the truck driver’s behavior was dangerous or negligent in any way, then liability for the car accident may lie with them.
- Government entity – The government body in charge of ensuring that roads and road signage are functioning correctly may assume liability if car accidents are determined to be the fault of road conditions.
- Truck manufacturer/service company – If there was a technical malfunction with the truck, which led to the car accident, liability might lie with the company responsible. This differs from case to case. It may be the original truck’s design that held the flaw, or it may be that their most recent service or repair visit failed to spot a potentially fatal error.
- Third-party driver – The road is often a busy and chaotic place. Chain reactions of events can cause many vehicles to be dragged into the same car accident. If your accident attorney determines that a third-party driver was responsible for the T-bone truck accident, they may then be liable for compensating your injury.
This list of potentially liable parties is necessarily non-exhaustive. The full list of liability potential for truck accidents in Fort Myers, Florida, involves a long list of individuals, as well as commercial and governmental entities. In the case of many crashes, multiple parties can be at fault and, therefore, liable. This means that your lawyer may suggest raising cases against multiple individuals or entities.
While this may seem complicated, with the right law firm behind you, it will not be. An experienced accident attorney from The Law Place will have the experience needed to identify who is liable for your car accident. Without an experienced lawyer by your side, it can be incredibly difficult to navigate the process of getting compensation for your injury. You may even make innocent mistakes, which could lead to your maximum settlement potential being reduced. Don’t take risks with the compensation you deserve, contact The Law Place in Fort Myers, Florida today.
Fort Myers Truck T-Bone Crashes Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
How Is Liability Assigned in a Fort Myers Truck T-Bone Accident and How Is It Investigated?
As mentioned above, identifying which party or parties are liable for an injury following a t-bone truck accident can be an overwhelmingly complicated process.
With so many potential points of blame, a thorough investigation following the car accident is imperative to determine who was at fault. Your personal injury lawyer will conduct an in-depth inquest in order to do this. It should be mentioned that it is vital that you contact a law firm as soon after the crash as possible, as any time which passes heightens the chances of potentially valuable evidence becoming lost or otherwise inaccessible. The insurance companies of the other drivers involved will also likely begin gathering their evidence immediately, so it can count for a lot in the final calculation of your compensation.
Florida law requires all truck drivers to carry an EDR black box installed in their vehicle. This device records the driver’s speed and braking, as well as a whole host of other vital details about their driving, which can be used to determine their liability level in the car accident. It is not uncommon for the black box to also contain evidence that clears you of any implications. Once again, speed is paramount when dealing with the truck driver’s EDR acquisition. While they have incredible potential to help your case, it is possible for the truck driver to tamper with the device or even destroy it.
There are also additional documents your lawyer will need to recover in order to make a thorough investigation. These items include the logbook of the driver, the truck’s maintenance records, as well as employment files and other documentation which could hold vital information about the trucking company or driver.
Your personal injury lawyer will also make a thorough assessment of the site of your car accident. They will measure skid marks from the tires and environmental damage caused by the vehicles. They will also assess factors such as obstructed signs and signals. There is also additional work required to assess the liability for accidents, such as collecting eye witness accounts or possibly employing an accident recreation team. At our law firm, we will ensure that no possibility is left without thorough investigation.
What Damages Can I Claim for Following a T-Bone Truck Accident in Fort Myers, Florida?
There are a large variety of different damages you can claim for following a truck or car accident. These vary on a case-by-case basis but are not limited to a simple injury. Examples of common damages claimed following accidents in Fort Myers include:
- Medical expenses – Incurring an injury in Florida, or anywhere else in America for the matter, can leave you with expensive medical bills. Your compensation can be adjusted to take these into account.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering compensation covers the additional elements which make an injury more complicated. The compensation from this considers the emotional distress, changes of lifestyle, and painful recovery processes common to road traffic accidents.
- Lost wages – Accidents often mean time off work for recovery. In this time, you could suffer from lost wages, which could further complicate expenses such as medical bills.
- Property damage – The sheer size and bulk of a truck often mean that property such as your vehicle can be irreparably damaged.
- Death – Sue to the catastrophic damage possible in a truck accident, it is not uncommon for such accidents to result in loss of life. A wrongful death claim may be filed in this case. Wrongful death claims seek to establish compensation for the emotional woes, financial complications, and lasting family impacts that are commonplace in the aftermath of the loss of a loved one.
If you have been involved in a truck accident which resulted in any of these consequences, our law firm can help you to receive the full amount of compensation you deserve. Contact The Law Place in Fort Myers, Florida, today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Will a Fort Myers Truck Accident Lawyer Cost Me?
Every lawyer at The Law Place in Fort Myers works on a contingency basis. This is fortunate for you, as it means that you will not pay a penny upfront. All the fees you owe will be recovered from the total amount of the settlement awarded upon winning the case. If for whatever reason, you do not win your case, you will not be charged at all.
This contingency work is monitored by the State Bar Associations, so you can be safe in the knowledge that you are sufficiently protected and are in no danger of being taken advantage of. The Law Place is extremely serious about all levels of ethical practice, from upholding contingency guidelines to honoring the attorney-client relationship every time.
Considering Claiming for Damages Related to Truck/Car Accidents? Contact The Law Place Today
Accidents have the potential to happen every day, and you should feel safe in the knowledge that you have adequate legal resources in their event. Luckily, for accidents that occur in Fort Myers, The Law Place can help.
We have a wealth of experience when it comes to road traffic accidents in Fort Myers. Our lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience between them and work cases as a team, so you benefit from the knowledge and wisdom of each member of our team. We are proud to go above and beyond for you.
Accidents on the road can lead to you becoming entangled in the sometimes messy complexities of the law. With a lawyer from The Law Place, you can be safe in the knowledge that your case is in the best hands possible. We have the resources and the empathy to treat each individual case with the precision and compassion you deserve.
It is important not to hesitate too long after road accidents, as essential evidence may become unavailable, and your maximum amount of compensation may be impacted. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Fort Myers accident, don’t waste time. We will be here to guide you through the entire process, from evaluating your claim through to the finalization of your settlement.
The Law Place in Fort Myers offers free consultation 24 hours a day, seven days a week – so get in touch for your free case evaluation today. Call our branch in Fort Myers on (941) 444-4444 for more details.