Due to increasing online shopping trends, more and more trucks and commercial vehicles are taking to the Florida highways every day. As a result, the Florida roads and highways are becoming increasingly saturated, therefore meaning that accidents are increasingly likely to occur. A T-bone crash occurs when the front of one vehicle collides into the side of another vehicle. T-bone crashes frequently occur at intersections when a driver fails to follow the traffic signals or stop signs. Unfortunately, these types of accidents can often cause severe damage and potentially leave life-changing injuries.
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer injury and damage due to a T-bone truck accident, then you may be entitled to compensation. Here at The Law Place, we have a collective team of highly skilled attorneys with over 75 years of combined experience in handling truck accident cases similar to yours. A personal injury lawyer will work through your case and fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the best outcome possible.
Our Port Charlotte phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured, an adept accident lawyer will be on hand to help. Call us today, and arrange a free consultation with a Florida, personal injury attorney.
What Are the Most Common Causes of T-Bone Truck Accidents in Port Charlotte, FL?
Despite the rules, road regulations, and safety precautions put in place to minimize the chances of T-bone accidents occurring, they still happen. When drivers are negligent or fail to act with the duty of care expected from them when taking to the road, accidents such as T-bone crashes are increasingly likely to occur.
Some of the most common causes for T-bone truck accidents are:
- Human error – The most common cause of T-bone accidents are caused by the driver themselves. Distracted driving (such as using their mobile phone whilst driving), fatigued driving, or speeding over the limit are all examples of distracted driving. Reckless and negligent driving, such as failing to stop at a red signal, is also a common cause of T-bone accidents.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) – When a driver is under the influence of alcohol drugs, they no longer have the ability to react quickly and make rational decisions when needed, meaning that accidents are more likely to occur.
- Mechanical problems – On occasions, trucks can experience mechanical faults (such as the brakes failing), leading to the cause of an accident. If this is the case, then it is possible that the truck driver is not at fault for the accident. An adept accident attorney will be able to investigate the accident and establish liability.
- Issues with the intersection – Sometimes traffic signals can fail, or signs at intersections are improperly marked, therefore leading to an accident. Again, with these types of cases, a personal injury lawyer will work to establish the liable party.
For a free legal consultation with a truck t-bone crashes lawyer serving Port Charlotte, call 941-444-4444
What Are the Most Common Injuries Sustained as a Result of a T-Bone Truck Accident?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the car or truck accident, injuries and damage can range from minor to severe. Due to the heavyweight and sheer size of a truck, commercial vehicles often have a greater chance of causing catastrophic damage and life-changing injuries. Some of the most common injuries sustained as a result of a T-bone truck accident are:
- Head injuries.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Injuries to the back or spinal cord.
- Cuts and lacerations.
- Burns and bruises.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Damage to internal organs.
- Internal bleeding.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
No matter how minor, if you have suffered from injuries as a result of a T-bone truck accident, then it is strongly advised to seek legal representation from a skilled personal injury lawyer today. An accident attorney will investigate your case and ensure you receive any compensation that you may be entitled to. Call our Port Charlotte offices today to arrange a free consultation.
Port Charlotte Truck T-Bone Crashes Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages May I Be Able to Claim for Following a T-Bone Truck Accident in Port Charlotte, FL?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the truck accident and the extent of damage and injury caused, then you may be entitled to claim for a number of damages. Some of the most common damages that accident victims can claim for are:
- Medical bills and expenses – This includes any medical bills from the past, present, and future, as well as any expenses incurred from traveling to and from medical appointments.
- Loss of income or wages – If the injuries you sustained as a result of the T-bone truck accident have prevented you from returning to work, then you may be entitled to claim for your lost wages as well as the loss of any future earning potential.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or other personal property, such as a mobile phone or laptop, were damaged as a result of the T-bone truck accident, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of the repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering – If you have experienced emotional distress or trauma that prevented you from living the life you once lived before the accident occurred, then you may be able to claim compensation for this. However, pain and suffering are often hard to prove in court, so it is important to seek legal advice before proceeding to claim for this damage.
- Wrongful death – In the most severe cases, T-bone truck accidents can cause fatalities. If you have lost a loved one as a result of a traffic accident, then you may be entitled to compensation that covers funeral costs, loss of income, as well as loss of consortium.
At The Law Place, we understand how traumatic and devastating accidents involving trucks can be, and we know that no amount of compensation can make up for this. However, our team of attorneys will fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to and ensure justice has been served. Contact our Port Charlotte offices today to arrange a free consultation with one of our highly skilled truck accident lawyers.
Who Can Be Held Liable for My T-Bone Truck Accident in Port Charlotte?
When you seek the representation of a skilled personal injury attorney, one of the first steps they will take is to investigate the accident to establish the party at fault and, therefore, liable for the accident. The process of establishing liability can be a complex task, particularly as there can be more than one party liable for an accident in some cases. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your T-bone truck accident, any number of the following parties may be found to be liable:
- The driver of the truck – If the driver of the truck is found to have been driving negligently or recklessly, then they would be found to be liable for the accident.
- The trucking company – If the trucking company is found to have failed to maintain their vehicles, provide adequate driver training, or abide by rules and regulations, then they may be found liable for causing an accident.
- The manufacturer of the truck or manufacturer of the truck’s parts – In the event that a mechanical defect or problem caused the collision of the truck, then they may be established as a liable party.
- A third-party driver – Due to the highly saturated Florida roads, it is not uncommon for a road collision to involve more than two vehicles. If this is the case, then it is possible that the negligence of the third-party driver caused the accident and are therefore liable to pay for any damages or injuries you may have incurred.
- The local authorities – If the road where the collision occurred had not been adequately maintained or failed to display the correct signage, then the local authorities in charge of road maintenance may be found to be liable for the T-bone truck accident.
Whilst establishing liability may sound like a complex task, at The Law Place in Port Charlotte, FL., our team of personal injury lawyers are well versed in handling cases like these. A skilled accident attorney will work alongside you to ensure you receive the best possible outcome. Call our Port Charlotte offices today to arrange a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Florida’s Comparative Fault Law
As highlighted in Florida Statute 768.81, Florida operates under a comparative negligence scheme. This means that if there was more than one party found to be liable for the cause of an accident, then they may be liable to pay for the percentage of the damages according to the amount that they are found to be at fault.
For example, if in a T-bone truck accident, the truck driver is found to be 65% liable, and the local authorities are found to be 35% liable, then the truck driver will be liable to pay for 65% of the damages, and the local authorities for the remaining 35%.
At The Law Place in Port Charlotte, FL., our legal team can guide you through this process and offer comprehensive legal advice on the best steps to take to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
Contact The Law Place in Port Charlotte Today!
If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a T-bone truck accident in Port Charlotte, FL., which has resulted in damage and injury, then it is strongly advised to seek legal representation as soon as possible following the collision. At The Law Place, our team of attorneys has over 75 years of combined experience in handling auto accident cases like yours.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free consultation where we will assess the legitimacy of your claim and offer comprehensive and valuable legal advice on the best steps to take, and all at no obligation. Our attorneys will work to build a solid case that can stand up in court and will fight tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
It is worthwhile noting that many of our attorneys are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible rating, so you can rest assured that your case will be in knowledgeable and competent hands. This rating is awarded based on trial skills, length of service, awards received, as well as client reviews and testimonials. Our lawyers also pride themselves on developing positive attorney-client relationships built on trust and transparency.
Our Port Charlotte phone lines are open around the clock, so don’t hesitate to call at a time that suits you best. Our skilled accident attorneys will be on the other end of the line, ready to answer your questions and offer legal advice on the best steps to take to ensure a positive outcome. What are you waiting for? Call us today to schedule a free consultation with an adept personal injury lawyer and get started with your case today!