When driving any motor vehicle, an accident could always happen. The roads and highways in Sarasota, Florida, are often highly congested with traffic, and when you add inexperienced drivers behind the wheel of a large commercial truck, the already present danger can increase drastically. Moving van accidents are much more common than you might think, and the consequences can be devastating.
If you or a loved one were involved and sustained an injury or other damages in a moving truck accident, then you could be entitled to financial compensation. Here at The Law Place, in Sarasota, Florida, we understand how unexpected and severe moving van accidents can be. With more than 75 years of experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, you can trust that our personal injury attorneys will fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the justice you deserve. Don’t wait! Call our law firm today on (941) 444-4444 to book a free consultation for a free case evaluation with Sarasota personal injury lawyer.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Sarasota
In the majority of moving van accidents, the accident is the fault of the van driver. Below are some of the most common causes in Sarasota for any vehicle accident where a moving truck is involved.
- Fatigue – Driving while fatigued is one of the most common causes of a truck accident. When fatigued, drivers are slower to react and not concentrating enough.
- Distracted driving – In today’s world, with cell phones and other distractions, distracted driving is incredibly common.
- Negligent or aggressive driving – This can include speeding, tailgating, and other reckless driving, which can often come from overestimating one’s own driving ability.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs is dangerous as the substances slow reaction times and decision making.
- Poor loading or overloading of cargo – if the cargo is too heavy or improperly loaded, then the combined weight of the van and the unbalanced weight of the cargo could cause the driver to lose control of the motor vehicle.
- Badly maintained trucks – Examples of truck defects are brake faults, engine failures, and tire blowouts, which can all lead to a dangerous accident.
- Inadequate training of drivers – The risk of a collision is significantly increased if the driver has insufficient training on how to drive a commercial truck.
- Bad weather – The frequent and heavy downpours in Florida can often play a part, and cause accidents as drivers of the motor vehicle struggle to keep control of it.
Regardless of the cause of the accident, if you or a loved one were injured in a moving truck accident, then you deserve compensation. By calling The Law Place today for a free consultation, you are ensuring that an experienced personal injury lawyer is evaluating your case for free and giving you the best possible legal advice.
For a free legal consultation with a moving van accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
Types of Truck Accidents in Sarasota
There are many different accidents that a truck can be at fault for, and the severity of damages and injuries depends on the type of crash. The most common truck accidents are as follows:
- Override – when a truck rear-ends a smaller vehicle.
- Underride – when a smaller vehicle rear-ends the larger truck.
- Cargo spill – if cargo falls out of trucks, they can cause great damage, either by falling onto other cars or into the roads, causing cars to crash into them.
- Rollover – trucks may tip over if drivers are traveling too fast around corners. This causes damage if they land on cars in the lane nearby or causes blockades, leading to chain-reaction crashes.
Whether you experienced one of these crash types or another, all moving van accidents can be incredibly dangerous. The Law Place’s practice areas span Florida, and so if you have been involved in a truck accident in the state, then be sure to call and book a free consultation so an experienced lawyer can review your case for free.
Sarasota Moving Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries from Moving Van Accidents
Just like in any other car accident, one involving a moving van can lead to severe injuries. In fact, the severity of said injuries is often increased due to the larger size of the trucks and weight of the cargo. Listed below are a few of the most common injuries that a moving vehicle accident can cause:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Head or brain injury.
- Internal bleedings.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Cuts, bruises, and soreness.
- Wrongful death.
A car accident involving a moving van can also lead to property loss and/or damage and emotional distress.
If you have experienced any type of injury or impact from a motor vehicle accident in Sarasota, then you need to get in touch with The Law Place for a free consultation. A highly experienced personal injury lawyer from our law firm will be able to offer you a free case evaluation and discuss the next steps in fighting for the compensation that you are owed and deserve.
Click to contact our Sarasota Truck Accident Lawyers today
Common Damages Following Moving Van Accidents
If you have been involved in a moving van accident in Sarasota, you can claim for damages. At The Law Place, a personal injury lawyer will seek the highest amount of compensation for you possible. Compensation is most commonly received for the following:
- Medical expenses – If you have sustained an injury in the accident, then you should receive damages for any medical bills you then had to pay.
- Lost wages – If the injuries meant you couldn’t go to work, and you lost wages because of this, then you deserve compensation.
- Pain and suffering – This covers emotional and mental suffering, as well as a loss of enjoyment in activities you may have regularly been able to enjoy before the accident. As these are difficult to prove, it’s important you have a personal injury lawyer who is experienced in injury law on your side.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or any other property you may have was damaged in the accident, then you deserve compensation for any repair bills.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one because of the accident, then you should receive compensation to cover funeral costs and loss of consortium.
A lawyer from our injury law firm, The Law Place, will be able to talk you through the damages you deserve if you call us to book a free consultation with us today. The losses sustained in a moving van accident can often be substantial, and so to give you the best possible chance to receive the damages you deserve, you should enlist a personal injury lawyer based in Sarasota to help you navigate Florida law and fight for the justice that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Place
Our law firm’s practice areas span Florida, particularly Sarasota county, and so if you live or were involved in a vehicle accident nearby, then you should phone us today for a free consultation.
Our lawyers are all well-equipped in helping victims of moving van accidents, and we will fight to ensure you receive the compensation that you wholly deserve. Our phone lines are always open, so contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 today!
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form