A Clearwater car accident can sometimes occur because drivers make an improper turn, such as doing a U-turn where they shouldn’t, failing to use traffic signals, or rushing to make a turn and performing a maneuver unsafely.
In fact, improper turns have become such a big issue that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has stated that turning without signaling is one of the top five causes of car accidents in the United States.
In an accident of this type, the injuries sustained can be incredibly damaging, mainly because it often results in side-on collisions. If you or a family member has suffered because of a car accident that wasn’t their fault, you could be entitled to compensation.
The Law Place has a dedicated team of car accident attorneys with over 75 years of combined experience dealing with Florida law. We can offer you legal representation, taking some stress away from you so that you can focus on your recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation on (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- What Is an Improper Turn in Clearwater?
- Why Do These Accidents Occur in Clearwater?
- What to Do After an Accident in Clearwater
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in Clearwater
- Typical Injuries Caused in a Car Accident
- Compensation for Clearwater Car Accident Victims
- What Can a Clearwater Auto Accident Attorney Do?
- Talk to a Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Today
What Is an Improper Turn in Clearwater?
Turning improperly means making a turn or changing lanes dangerously or without signaling. There are other actions that can be classified as improper turns in Clearwater. Some of them include:
- Turning at a red light when it is not permitted.
- Failing to stop at a stop sign and turning.
- Turning when the driver does not have the right of way.
- Improper U-turn.
When a vehicle changes lane or turns without signaling, it can become incredibly dangerous. Drivers can behave in unpredictable ways, which gives other people on the road no time to react. One study by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) found that drivers fail to signal when changing lanes 50% of the time and to signal for making a turn almost 25% of the time.
For a free legal consultation with a improper turns accidents lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Why Do These Accidents Occur in Clearwater?
When someone performs an improper turn, it can lead to a catastrophic accident, resulting in severe injuries and property damage. A car that performs these maneuvers could end up with their vehicle in the way on oncoming traffic, causing a side-impact collision. Side-impact collisions are dangerous because there is little to protect people from injuries. Although many modern cars have side-airbags, this can be insufficient.
Often, drivers fail to follow the rules of the road because they are driving distracted; they lack concentration and are unaware of their surroundings. At other times, they might be in a hurry to get somewhere and behave negligently. There are also circumstances where the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
It doesn’t matter how good of a driver you are, you cannot control the actions of other drivers, and there is often nothing you can do to prevent a crash with someone making is improperly turning.
If you or a family member has been involved in an improper turn accident, you will have experienced a lot of trauma and may have medical expenses mounting out of your control. A personal injury lawyer at The Law Place can help you claim compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and to compensate you for your pain and suffering. Contact us today for a free consultation and see how we can help.
Clearwater Improper Turns Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What to Do After an Accident in Clearwater
Following an auto accident that was caused by another vehicle turning improperly, the most important thing to do is not to panic. At The Law Place, our phones are open 24/7 so that you can talk to us when you need it most, and get some free, unbiased advice from a Clearwater car accident lawyer.
- Remain at the scene – After the auto accident, remain at the scene. If you leave, it could constitute a hit and run.
- Move to somewhere safe – If you are able to, then move to move to somewhere safe, out of the way of any hazards.
- Call emergency services – According to Florida Statute 316.062, you are required to call the police to the scene of an auto accident that has caused injury or severe property damage. The police report may also be helpful to your claim later on. If anyone needs immediate medical attention, then you will also need to call an ambulance.
- Get the other drivers’ information – Get the name, contact, insurance, and vehicle details of any other drivers involved in the auto accident.
- Gather evidence – Take photos of everything, including the vehicles, any injuries, the road, and anything else that could be relevant. Your Clearwater car accident lawyer will use this as evidence in your case. You should also get the contact details of any witnesses.
- Speak to a Clearwater car accident lawyer – Contact accident attorneys at The Law Place for a free consultation so that you can get some initial advice.
- Contact your insurance company – You are legally required to inform your insurance company about an accident. However, we advise that you speak to a car accident attorney first so that they can advise you. Anything you say to insurance companies could be used to try and devalue your claim.
- Do not post anything on social media – Anything you say could be used as evidence against you, therefore refrain from posting on social media.
- Keep a journal – Write down all of your symptoms, including any pain and any ways in which you have had to make adjustments for your life. Your car accident lawyer can use this to help fight for your right to damages for your pain and suffering.
- Keep all records – Keep any medical bills, receipts from transport to and from appointments, the cost of any adjustments you have had to make to your home, and any other expenses you have incurred as a result of the car accident. Your car accident attorney will be able to use all of this as evidence for your economic damages.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in Clearwater
Florida is a no-fault state, in accordance with Florida Statute 627.7407. This means that following a car accident, you must initially seek compensation from your own insurance company, regardless of whether another driver was at-fault or not.
Furthermore, you are required to carry a minimum Personal Injury Protection (PIP) of $10,000 and another $10,000 to cover property damage, as stated in Florida Statute 627.736. Your insurance company is required to pay 80% of your medical bills and property damage, up to the limits of your policy.
However, in a car accident involving a driver improperly turning, your damages are likely to exceed these amounts, especially if you have been unable to work and have suffered lost wages. Therefore, you will still need to seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
Be mindful when speaking to insurance companies. Their top priority is profit, therefore even when you talk to your own insurance, stick to the facts, and do not admit fault or speak about your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Typical Injuries Caused in a Car Accident
Any type of car accident can be hugely traumatic for those involved and their loved ones. In the worst instances, a car accident can take someone’s life. When this happens, their family can claim compensation for their loss. Injuries can vary from minor to severe, some leading to life-long implications.
Other potential injuries that could be sustained following a car accident in Clearwater include:
- Brain damage.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Spinal cord injuries.
Injury from a car accident can leave change the lives of victims and their families forever. It is not fair that drivers ignore the rules of the road and damage someone’s life to such a degree. Regardless of the extent of your injuries, you should contact a Clearwater car accident lawyer at The Law Place for a free case evaluation. We will determine whether we believe you have a valid claim and help you to fight for the compensation you are entitled too. Don’t suffer alone; contact a law firm today.
Compensation for Clearwater Car Accident Victims
If you or someone in your family has been in an accident as a result of someone else’s recklessness, then you could be entitled to compensation. The injuries sustained could result in you unable to work, with mounting medical bills and vehicle repair costs. These financial stresses can be debilitating and serve to only add to your anxiety and trauma. At a time where you should be focused on getting well, instead, you may be trying to figure out how you are going to cope with the financial burdens.
This simply isn’t fair, especially after a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
A Clearwater car accident lawyer will be able to investigate the car accident and determine who the negligent party was, and what types of damages you should be entitled to. A reputable law firm, like The Law Place, will work to secure you the maximum compensation.
Our car accident attorneys, most commonly secure these types of compensation:
- Lost wages – Including any past lost income and future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering are a type of non-economic compensation designed to repay you for your emotional distress somehow. Especially if you have been left unable to live your life as you once did.
- Medical bills – Any medical bills, including hospital treatments, transport to and from the hospital, and any adjustments you need to make to your home.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a family member in a car accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses and their lost wages that contributed to a family household.
At The Law Place, all of our Clearwater car accident attorneys are compassionate. They understand that no financial gain can make up for your suffering. However, we believe that you deserve some sort of justice, and we know how financial stressors can worsen your mental state and make it more difficult to start moving forward. We offer a no-obligation, free case evaluation so that you can ask any questions. Florida auto accident laws might be new to you, and we want you to feel confident that you have all of the information you need to make a decision.
What Can a Clearwater Auto Accident Attorney Do?
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Clearwater will enable you to navigate the complex auto accident laws in Florida. If you have been in a car accident in Clearwater because a driver turned improperly, then you should contact us as soon as possible. That way, your attorney will become your advocate and will quickly get to work to gather evidence for your case.
If you solely have your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) to reimburse you, then you might be left seriously out of pocket. Our law firm will review your case as a team so that you can benefit from our combined knowledge. We will determine what damages you are entitled to and what they are worth so that you can secure the maximum amount.
An insurance company might be quick to offer you a settlement after an auto accident in Clearwater. However, it is likely to be much less than what you deserve, and you will waiver your right to fight for anything more, even if your medical bills continue to pile up. Our law firm will make sure that you are not taken advantage of.
If you decide to face the upcoming legal battle alone, then you may face experienced legal teams from insurance companies, who will fight to have your case devalued or dismissed.
If you decide to hire one of our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place, this is how your case is likely to be structured in Clearwater:
- First of all, when you contact us at The Law Place, you will receive a free consultation. Here, we will determine whether we believe you have a case and offer some initial advice.
- Following that, we will bring you in for a more in-depth case review in Clearwater. We will ask some simple questions to get a bigger understanding of your case. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions, and we will explain our fee structure. We work on a contingency basis, so our fee is deducted from your eventual settlement and is monitored by the State Bar Associations.
- After this, you can walk away, armed with a bit more knowledge. However, if you decide to continue, we will ask you to sign a legal document, agreeing to representation from us.
- Now, you can begin to relax, and we will do all the paperwork, liaising, and gathering of evidence. We will begin to investigate and build your claim so that we can negotiate a good settlement.
- If an agreement cannot be reached, then we will be prepared to take your case to court. We will have already built up a lot of evidence and will do whatever it takes to fight for your rights.
Talk to a Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a family member have suffered a car accident in Clearwater because another driver has acted recklessly, then you should, at the very least, seek a free case evaluation with The Law Place.
While your insurance companies are meant to protect us, their top priority is profit, and as a result, people are often left with bills that are unaccounted for, even after an accident that wasn’t their fault.
Unlike other law firms, we work as a team so that your case can be reviewed by people with a range of knowledge and experience. Our lawyers have over 75 years of experience between them, so this method can make all the difference. On the other hand, you will be assigned an attorney who will take the time to get to know you and will work with you on a one-to-one basis and support you on your journey.
At The Law Place, we have dealt with car accident cases like yours in Clearwater and throughout Florida before. We understand the intricacies of the law and are dedicated to justice. We also hope that through our work, we are making Florida’s roads safer.
Contact our law firm today on (941) 444-4444.