A rollover car accident can be incredibly dangerous and cause an immense amount of harm and damage. Rollover accidents have some of the highest fatality rates when it comes to car accidents. The vehicles that are most at risk of suffering a rollover accident are typically tall vehicles as they tend to have high centers of gravity. However, it is important to know that any vehicle can rollover.
As these accidents tend to be very severe, it is unlikely that the damages you experience will be entirely covered by insurance companies.
If you or a loved one has suffered a rollover accident in Clearwater, Fl., The Law Place can help you. Our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers understands how traumatic these accidents can be. An attorney-client relationship at The Law Place is one of great commitment as we will fight for the justice that you deserve. Contact us today in Florida for a free consultation of your case. Call us on (941) 444-4444.
What to Do After Being Involved in a Rollover Car Accident in Clearwater
If you happen to be reading this at the scene of a rollover car accident, there are some things that we would advise you to do if you are well enough to do so:
- Check for injuries – Don’t hesitate to call 911 immediately if someone needs medical attention.
- Call the police – In Florida, it is required of you to call the police if anybody has been injured or if substantial property damage has occurred.
- Gather necessary information – It is helpful to take photos of the scene, as well as the contact details of witnesses, as this will help strengthen your case.
- Call your car insurance – You will be required to report the accident to your insurance company soon after the accident has occurred. If you are worried about doing this, a lawyer at The Law Place can contact them for you on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover accidents lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Why Do Rollover Car Accidents Occur in Clearwater?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has presented statistics that indicate that rollover accidents possess the second-highest rate of fatality in the country, second to head-on crashes. Rollover accidents in the US amount to around 33% of all traffic accident fatalities every year.
A car accident of this nature will usually occur due to a vehicle ‘tripping’. This simply involves a vehicle hitting something such as a pothole or curb, which causes the wheels to lose contact with the ground. This will disturb the forward motion of the vehicle and can result in the vehicle rolling. ‘Tripping’ accounts for around 95% of all rollover accidents.
These accidents may also occur in Clearwater, Fl. as the result of alcohol or drug use, speeding, distracted driving, bad weather conditions, or defective vehicle design.
Clearwater Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Typical Injuries Caused by a Rollover Accident
There are a variety of injuries that can be caused by a rollover accident. Unfortunately, the fatality rates are high as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reported that in 2018 there were over 6,500 fatalities in the US as the result of these accidents.
These accidents tend to be very severe and can leave victims suffering the following injuries:
- Neck and spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Brain injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Strains and sprains.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has experienced any type of accident, it is always important to prioritize your health. We advise that you seek the guidance of a Clearwater rollover car accident lawyer quickly. A car accident lawyer at The Law Place in Florida can help you and lift some of the weight off your shoulders. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Click to contact our Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers today
Common Damages Following a Car Accident in Clearwater
A rollover car accident is usually very severe; therefore, the damages a victim can receive are usually extensive. Our Clearwater lawyers have helped our clients achieve compensation for the following:
- Loss of earnings – This includes the wages you have lost as a result of your injuries preventing you from working.
- Current and future medical bills – The medical treatment required to treat injuries caused in these types of accidents can be extensive and, therefore, expensive. We can help you get reimbursed for these costly expenses you will have faced.
- Pain and suffering – These damages are to compensate you for any mental/ emotional suffering you have had to experience. They can compensate you for a loss of lessening of your quality of life.
- Property damage – These accidents can cause a great deal of damage to vehicles, so these damages can help cover the costs of those vehicles in Clearwater.
- Loss of a loved one – If you have lost a loved one, you may be able to claim compensation for any funeral expenses you have to encounter, as well as the loss of consortium.
If you or someone you know has experienced a rollover car accident in Clearwater, you must seek the help of a skilled lawyer. An accident lawyer at The Law Place will fight for your rights to compensation. In a free case evaluation, one of our lawyers will be able to honestly give you unbiased advice on your best legal options and answer any questions that you may have.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
State of Limitations on a Rollover Accident Case
Florida has a set of strict guidelines concerning how long a person has to file a civil lawsuit following their accident.
The Florida Statute 95.11 outlines that victims of negligence accidents usually have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you are planning on filing a claim for a wrongful death case, you will only have two years to make that claim. Unfortunately, if the time since the accident exceeds those limits, you may be prevented from being able to recover compensation.
A lawyer at The Law Place will be able to find out what legal deadlines may apply to your case when you contact us for a free consultation.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We understand that no amount of money will ever take away the trauma and pain you have experienced, but we can help ease some of the burdens you are facing financially as a result of your injuries. We will also guide you through the legal process ad be by your side every step of the way. An attorney-client relationship at The Law Place is one of immense commitment and confidentiality.
We operate all over the State, including Clearwater, St Petersburg, Sarasota, Tampa, FL. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free case evaluation. Call us on (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form