Due to the increasing amount of construction trucks on the road, they are quickly becoming the most common type of vehicle involved in road accidents. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, in 2019 alone, there were 4,119 fatalities from truck accidents, and this number has only risen since then. Truck accidents can carry extra risks due to the size and weight of the vehicles and often cause much more life-threatening injuries than other vehicle accidents.
The Law Place has personal injury lawyers with over 75 years of combined experience and deals with truck accident cases in Bradenton, Florida, daily. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help you if you or a loved one have been involved with one of these truck accidents that wasn’t your fault.
So if you have been involved in a construction truck accident or any other type of vehicle that you believe wasn’t your fault and was the fault of a negligent truck driver, or trucking company, then the personal injury lawyers at The Law Place may be able to help you get compensation for the incident. We offer a free consultation with any client who calls, and our phone lines are open 24/7, 7 days a week. So don’t hesitate! Contact The Law Place today at (941) 444-4444.
Construction Truck Accidents in Bradenton, Florida.
Across the State of Florida, there continues to be growth within the construction industry, with 15.4 million square feet (MSF) of land that is accounted for being under construction toward the end of 2020.
With so much growth across Florida in the last few years, more and more construction trucks are on the roads. This means that the chances of having a truck accident are at the highest ever recorded. Even though truck accidents statistically happen less than other vehicles, the more they are on the road, the more chance they have of having a truck accident.
Truck accidents tend to leave those involved suffering from serious injuries. If you have been involved in a truck accident, then you should seek legal counsel. The Law Place has experienced truck accident personal injury lawyers who can help you assess your case and decide on the best course of action to take for your case. We offer a free consultation and work on a no-win-no-fee basis, so you won’t have to pay a cent from your own pocket. So contact The Law Place to schedule a free consultation session and put yourself on the right track to winning your case today.
For a free legal consultation with a construction truck accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
When Is the Truck Driver Liable in a Bradenton Truck Accident?
When considering who is liable for the crash, there are plenty of reasons a truck driver can be responsible. Truck drivers have to be focused at all times, and truck safety procedures have to be taken very seriously by both the truck driver and the trucking company involved. The Law Place personal injury lawyers will look at the following points to try and sway the case in your favor:
- Driving defensively – Commercial drivers, construction truck drivers, and any driver in a vehicle over a certain weight have a responsibility to scan the road every 15 seconds and check their mirrors every 8-10 seconds for vigilance. This is due to the size and bulk of the trucks themselves. The driver always has to be alert, and if it’s proved that they weren’t, then they could be liable for a potential truck accident.
- Signaling safely – If it’s proved that the truck driver did not allocate enough time to signal his turn and turned into a new lane or corner too early, not giving other driver’s enough time to respond, and therefore causes a crash, they could be liable for the crash itself.
- Observing when to slow down – The roads in Bradenton, Florida, are always changing. Weather conditions, speed bumps, and changes in terrain make it even more important to drive safely and slow down when the weather changes. If it’s proven that the truck driver wasn’t driving safely, they may be liable for any accident that has occurred.
- Maintaining vehicle safety – Due to the size and bulk of these commercial vehicles and the jobs they are used for in the construction industry, they have to have inspections, constant servicing, and good overall maintenance of the vehicle for the truck to be legal to drive on the open road. If it’s proven that these checks and safety standards were not implemented, then the driver or trucking company could be liable for a crash.
- Staying focussed – With the rise in the construction industry, people can be swayed to overwork. Was the truck driver tired? Fatigued or overworked? If the driver had been asked to drive over the legal amount of time without a break, then the driver’s employer could be liable for the truck accident.
The list above shows just a few of many ways that a personal injury lawyer could use to prove that the truck driver was liable and help a client get the best outcome of their case. If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident that you don’t believe was your fault, then we strongly recommend that you seek legal counsel and discuss the future of your case. The Law Place offers a free consultation with one of our experienced Bradenton truck accident lawyers, so don’t hesitate to contact us and schedule a free consultation today!
Bradenton Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Typical Types of Personal Injury From Accidents With Trucks
Due to the size and weight of the construction trucks that are driven around Bradenton, Florida, being involved in a truck accident has the potential to result in a serious, possibly life-threatening injury. You can find out more about these injuries in the Florida Statute 316.027.
Injuries that are typical of a Bradenton truck accident differ in severity. Some people are lucky enough to come away with minor bruising, whereas some come out of a truck accident with life-changing injuries.
Regardless of what injury you or a loved one might have sustained, it’s important to seek a personal injury lawyer to claim back some compensation. Below is a list of some of the possible injuries you typically expect from a truck accident:
- Head and brain injuries.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Damage to internal organs.
- Soft tissue damage and internal bleeding.
- Back, neck, or spinal injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Burns, lacerations, and bruising.
If you feel you have had some of the listed injuries due to the result of truck accidents, or others, then you should seek a personal injury lawyer. We know how stressful a truck accident can be, and we want to help you. Whether the injuries are minor or major, our team at The Law Place will work day and night to ensure that your case is on the right track while you focus on your recovery after the accident.
How Much Could You Claim in Damages After an Accident With a Construction Truck?
There is a range of different personal injury costs that can add up after a truck accident. Whether you or a loved one has been injured, we’re sure your priority focus is a healthy recovery. However, dealing with all the costs that are included in recovery can cause a huge amount of stress and add to the trauma of your accident. Not only this, but it’s also very time-consuming and frustrating to deal with. You may wish to get help from a personal injury lawyer in hopes of getting some compensation back for your injuries. If this is the case, The Law Place is perfect for you, as we have experienced personal injury lawyers who can help you get compensation for the following expenses:
- Medical bills- The costs of having an accident can add up. The injuries typically involved with truck accidents are usually quite severe and, as such, require medical treatment. An accident lawyer can help you reclaim some compensation for the costs of treatments, appointments, and any stay you may have had in the hospital.
- Property damage- Due to the size and bulk of these construction trucks, physical property such as your car or personal belongings can be damaged. As such, you may be able to claim compensation to help cover this property damage.
- Lost wages- If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, you may have had to take some time away from work due to injuries. These lost wages can be claimed back. This also includes lost wages for any time you had to stay away from work due to the accident.
- Pain and suffering- Although this one is harder to prove, pain and suffering refer to the mental trauma that you may have faced due to the truck accident. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know how to prove this in court, which may help with your turmoil.
- Wrongful death – In the worst-case scenario, a fatality may have been caused by the truck accident. In this case, The Law Place can help you with a wrongful death claim.
If you have any questions about the availability of these damages to you, then it’s always best to seek out an experienced and capable personal injury lawyer who can help you with your questions. The Law Place offers a free consultation where you can speak to one of our personal injury attorneys free of charge so you can get some initial advice about your case. Our phone lines are open 24/7, and our personal injury lawyers are always ready to help you with your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to a Truck Accident Attorney From The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Bradenton construction truck accident or any car accident that wasn’t your fault, then you need a capable personal injury lawyer. The Law Place offers 24/7 support, with our phone lines open 24 hours a day, so you can schedule a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer at any time.
Our lawyers will be able to answer any questions that you may have to settle any concerns and reassure you that we can help win your case on your behalf. We can also offer a free case evaluation to help you decide if filing a claim with our law firm might suit your interests. So don’t hesitate to call The Law Place today for a free consultation.
Contact us at (941) 444-4444.