It is well known that Florida is a dangerous place to drive due to the many auto accidents that happen every year. When these accidents involve large trucks, the possibility for severe injuries and serious damage increases. Delivery truck accidents frequently happen in Bradenton for a multitude of reasons. In many situations, the delivery trucks are overloaded with goods, or the trucking company has disregarded the regulations and rules of the road.
When an Amazon delivery truck accident happens, it is often the case that the truck driver or the trucking company will be at fault. This is because drivers are often under severe stress to deliver packages on time and the trucking company may have cut corners to maximize their output. If you or someone you know has been in a truck accident that was not your fault, you should contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced accident lawyer can help to establish liability on the other party to ensure that you receive the compensation and damages that you are entitled to.
At The Law Place, we are experienced in dealing with delivery truck accident cases. Our law firm has over 75 years of combined experience in multiple practice areas, meaning you will benefit from a wide range of knowledge. In order to receive the compensation you deserve, we recommend contacting us today. We offer a free consultation where you can speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer who will assess your case.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation. Our lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week, for your convenience.
What Makes an Amazon Delivery Truck Accident So Likely?
In recent years there has been a major increase in the number of people who shop online. As Amazon has a huge range of products available, it is a popular website for consumers all around the world, particularly in the United States. As such, there is a huge volume of Amazon delivery trucks on the roads of Florida at any given time.
Large companies such as Amazon often engage in corporate negligence, which then has an effect on delivery truck drivers. Some practices which truck accident lawyers have dealt with include:
- Payment schemes that are problematic – Large companies often encourage their truck drivers to limit the number of breaks they take which then affects their ability to work to a high standard. A truck driver may often be driving whilst extremely tired, which can cause a lapse in their road concentration.
- Corner-cutting – As drivers are under so much pressure, they often have to resort to taking shortcuts. This can include not loading packages securely, not following routes, or speeding on the road. The trucking company may often also cut corners by failing to adequately maintain the delivery vehicles. All of these shortcuts increase the possibility of an Amazon delivery truck accident happening.
- Careless hiring practices – It is common for a large trucking company to hire people without performing adequate background checks. This can result in individuals who have a history of negligent driving becoming delivery truck drivers.
Systemic corporate problems in major trucking companies such as Amazon can lead to many delivery truck accidents happening on the roads of Bradenton, Florida. When an Amazon delivery truck accident happens, it is important that you seek assistance from an experienced truck accident lawyer who can help you get the compensation you are owed. Filing claims against major trucking companies can also prevent future truck accidents from happening on the roads of Florida.
Why Do Delivery Truck Accidents Cause So Much Damage in Bradenton?
When an accident involving an Amazon delivery driver happens, the risk of serious personal injury or property damage increases. Some main reasons for this include:
- The weight and size of the vehicles – As delivery trucks are large and are typically carrying a heavy load when a crash happens, they can cause much more damage than a typical auto accident. It is common for those involved to suffer serious personal injuries that affect the rest of their lives.
- Blindspots – As an Amazon delivery truck is usually packed with packages, it can be difficult for a truck driver to see everything around them. This can lead to more severe damage or serious injuries when an accident happens.
- Multi-car accidents – It is more likely that numerous vehicles will get accidentally caught up in the accident because delivery trucks are so big in size.
- Cargo – When an accident involving an Amazon delivery driver happens, it is likely that a lot of the cargo will fall out of the vehicle and onto the road. This can lead to other property being damaged or people suffering injuries even though they were not involved in the initial collision.
What Damages Can I Claim Following an Amazon Delivery Truck Accident in Bradenton?
Depending on the particular facts of your case, there may be different types of damages available to you. An accident lawyer can try to claim the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical bills – If you have been injured as a result of the accident, you can claim any related medical expenses. This includes hospital appointments, any future rehabilitation, and transport to and from these appointments.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or any valuable items contained inside were damaged as a result of the crash, a truck accident lawyer could claim for this on your behalf.
- Lost wages – If, as a result of the crash, you have been left unable to work, you may be entitled to any lost wages, which can include potential future earnings.
- Pain and suffering – This type of damages arises if you have suffered any emotional or physical distress as a result of the accident. An example of what qualifies for pain and suffering damages is if you are now unable to participate in a hobby you previously enjoyed because of the accident.
- Wrongful death – When someone dies in an accident, it is tragic and traumatic. If someone you love has died as a result of a commercial truck accident, a personal injury lawyer from our firm will help you make a wrongful death claim. This compensation will cover any funeral expenses and a loss of consortium, which is a loss of earnings to a family household.
Establishing Liability in an Amazon Truck Accident Case
In order to receive any compensation for damages sustained in an Amazon truck accident, it is necessary to establish liability on the party responsible. A truck accident lawyer acting on your behalf would have to prove:
- A duty of care – In Bradenton and all throughout Florida, road users have a duty of care to make sure the roads are kept safe and that no one is injured.
- A breach of duty – In order to establish liability, it is necessary to show that the truck driver breached their duty of care to you by driving negligently. Negligence and comparative fault are governed by Florida Statute 768.81. Examples of negligence can include reckless driving or driving under the influence (DUI).
- Causation – It must be shown that the driver’s breach of duty caused the injuries or damage you sustained.
- Damages – An attorney will have to provide evidence that you suffered damages as a result of the accident involving an Amazon driver.
Establishing liability for delivery truck accidents in Bradenton can difficult, particularly when it involves a large trucking company like Amazon. It is recommended that you get assistance from an experienced truck accident lawyer from our law firm who can help you with your compensation claim. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
The Black Box
An essential piece of evidence in any commercial truck accident is the black box that is fitted into the vehicle, including in an Amazon truck. As the risk of accidents happening with trucks is so high, there is a requirement for a trucking company to install a box in each of their vehicles in order to record certain information. This information includes:
- The speed of the truck and the driver’s braking patterns.
- How often the drivers take breaks when driving.
- How forceful the impact was.
- Whether error alert lights or a check engine was present.
An experienced accident lawyer will use the information from the black box to strengthen your claim. It is common for a delivery driver to try and edit or destroy information from this box before any claim is made. This is why it’s important to contact us as soon as possible following your Amazon truck accident.
How Long Do I Have to Make My Claim?
As provided for in the statute of limitations under Florida Statute 95.11, you have a maximum of four years following the accident to claim for any damage suffered. However, it is recommended that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible following your Bradenton truck accident.
The reason for this is that over time, the amount of evidence available decreases, and it can become difficult to make a claim. It is common for police reports to go missing, the black box to be destroyed, and witnesses to forget what happened. This can make it difficult for lawyers to build a strong case and can result in you receiving a lot less compensation than you are owed.
In addition to this, both your insurance company and the insurance company of Amazon will be trying from the beginning to devalue your claim, irrespective of whether you have serious injuries. If you do delay in making a claim, an insurance company may be able to use this against you and award you less compensation.
At The Law Place, we recommend speaking with an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible following your truck accident. This way, you will have a higher chance of receiving the maximum amount of damages for your injuries following a truck accident.
Contact The Law Place in Florida Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in an Amazon delivery truck accident in Bradenton, Florida, and suffered injury as a result, you should contact us at The Law Place today. We know that when truck accidents happen, they can be traumatic and can bring you a lot of stress, particularly if you’ve suffered serious injuries as a result. Trying to get compensation from an insurance company can be extremely difficult, particularly when you are dealing with a large trucking company like Amazon.
We want to relieve any additional stress by assisting you with your personal injury claim. Our team of experienced injury attorneys is here to give you guidance and the best legal assistance possible. We will be with you every step of the way to build a strong case on your behalf and ensure that you receive justice for your commercial truck accident. We offer a free consultation where you can get skilled legal advice from a lawyer from our firm.
Don’t delay in seeking justice for your Amazon truck accident. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation. Our phone lines are always open.