Truck accidents, specifically Amazon truck accidents, can be some of the most dangerous and even life-threatening accidents on the roads of Port Charlotte, Florida. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with an Amazon delivery truck, then you may be owed compensation.
Following an Amazon truck accident, there may be many different avenues for claiming compensation. For example, it might be that you have sustained injuries, mentally or physically, and want to claim compensation to help you financially with medical bills. To ensure you get the best possible outcome for you and your family, we recommend hiring a personal injury lawyer who has plenty of experience with traffic accident cases.
The Law Place is a law firm that has many capable, skilled, and professional lawyers in their dedicated team in Port Charlotte, Florida. As a law firm, we have over 75-years of combined experience. We also offer a free legal consultation for any case. This free consultation will allow you to talk freely about your case with an experienced truck accident lawyer, who will be able to advise on your next steps.
For more information, contact us at (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open, 24/7!
What Causes Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents?
In general, Amazon delivery drivers and truck drivers are in constant demand due to corporations such as Amazon, FedEx, and ASOS growing massively in size. Next-day delivery has become such an expected feature that delivery drivers often work day and night to get packages delivered as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, this can create very dangerous situations for everyone on the road as these overworked drivers are driving whilst fatigued and may even fall asleep at the wheel. Driving whilst tired is known to be almost as bad as driving intoxicated, which is why there are laws to stop drivers working so many hours a day.
The negligence of some large corporations is something that every truck accident lawyer at The Law Place knows about. Unfortunately, this negligence can result in many Amazon delivery truck accidents.
Amazon has a large fleet of vehicles that might cut corners when it comes to maintenance to try and save money. This increases the likelihood of a malfunction within their trucks and, potentially, can cause a truck accident. Additionally, negligent employers might ignore important red flags when it comes to hiring new drivers due to the high demand for truck drivers. This may result in hiring an unfit, inexperienced, or reckless driver, leading to a truck accident.
Amazon encourages staff to cut down on their breaks and sleep time to receive more money in their payment schemes. Unfortunately, this increases the risk of falling asleep at the wheel or driving tired and can reduce the driver’s overall awareness. This, therefore, increases the likelihood of an accident.
There are many problems with the delivery industry and how drivers are being treated. When corporations cut corners, it’s pedestrians and other road users that they are endangering. If you have been involved in a truck accident, we recommend that you seek legal counsel from The Law Place. So don’t hesitate – schedule a free consultation today.
Why Are Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
Amazon truck accidents have the potential to be catastrophic due to the weight and size of the trucks that commonly drive through Port Charlotte, FL. The accidents they can cause can result in more severe injuries than that of a passenger car accident.
There are a number of factors for why they are so dangerous:
- In an Amazon delivery truck accident there is a high chance that more than one car is involved. This is because the weight and size of the trucks make it easy to plow through multiple cars on the road.
- The size of an Amazon delivery truck can make it difficult to see other vehicles on the road, as trucks have more blind spots.
- Due to the trucks sometimes having such large cargo, the debris left after an accident can cause more accidents. Driving into any debris on the road at high speed can seriously endanger other drivers.
If you or a loved one have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a truck accident, we recommend contacting The Law Place for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
What Compensation Can I Claim Following an Amazon Truck Accident?
There are different thing you can claim for following any road accident. Some examples include:
- Property damage – If your car or belongings have been damaged, lost, or written off due to the accident, you can claim compensation back to pay for the repairs or replacements.
- Medical bills – Medical bills and the stress that is caused by an accident can be the worst financial burden you face after being involved in an Amazon delivery truck accident. You may be able to claim these expenses back if you have suffered any injuries from the accident. In accordance with Florida Statute 736, you have 14 days to seek medical addistance from the time of the accident, in order to be eligible for compensation.
- Lost wages – If you were unable to work for a prolonged period because of the Amazon delivery truck accident, you can claim compensation for the lost wages and potential future wages.
- Wrongful death – In the worst cases of truck accidents, the wrongful death of a loved one can happen. We know that no amount of compensation will be able to make this easier. However, you can apply for a wrongful death claim to help recover lost earnings that you may have been reliant on previously, this is known as loss of consortium. More information can be found here: Florida Statute 768.21.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one has been unlucky enough to be involved in a truck accident and feel as though you deserve compensation for some of what happened, then we recommend that you contact us and seek legal counsel. A lawyer may help you get the compensation you deserve for any lost earnings, damages to your property, or physical and mental injuries.
Don’t go into court alone and fall prey to the tricks of your insurance company. Instead, help yourself and your family; start a claim for compensation with a capable delivery truck accident lawyer by your side. If you go in alone, there’s a chance you may accidentally reduce your claim. A lawyer from The Law Place has the experience to know about these tricks and how to avoid them.
Our phone lines are open 24/7, so contact us at (941) 444-4444!