Semi-trucks and other large cargo commercial trucks are becoming more and more common on the road of Bradenton, Florida. This is mainly due to the scale and growth of both the industrial construction sector and the online delivery market growing rapidly over the past few years. However, due to these increases in large and heavy trucks on the road, we also see the rates of truck accidents rise. In 2019 alone, there were 4119 fatalities from the result of truck accidents. Since then, this number has only risen.
If you know someone or you have been involved with a truck accident, then you might be considering contacting legal representation or a personal injury lawyer to help get some compensation for your injuries or damages to your vehicle. If this is the case, then The Law Place is perfect for you. We have experienced Bradenton, FL., personal injury lawyers who deal with truck accident cases daily.
So if you or a loved one have been involved with a truck accident and want compensation from the trucking company or the driver, contact The Law Place, schedule a free consultation, and make the first step to winning your court case.
Contact us at (941) 444-4444.
Typical Injuries From a Serious Truck Accident
Injuries from truck accidents can vary in severity in each case. In general, truck accidents cause more severe or even life-threatening injuries to the passenger vehicles involved. This is mainly due to the size and bulk of the trucks that we see driving around Bradenton, Florida. When these large trucks collide with other vehicles at speed, the results can be catastrophic.
As mentioned above, the injuries can differ from case to case, but the most common injuries sustained from truck accidents are listed below:
- Head or brain injuries.
- Neck, back, or spinal injury.
- Soft tissue damage, bruising, or lacerations.
- Damage to internal organs.
- Broken bones or fracturing.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident that you believe wasn’t your fault and you or your family have incurred any of the injuries listed above, then seeking legal counsel is the best course of action. If your case meets the specific requirements, then an experienced personal injury lawyer may be able to help you claim compensation back for any injuries that you have received due to a truck accident and help out with any medical bills that follow. So contact The Law Place today and schedule a free consultation
Damages Claimed in Bradenton Truck Accidents
When it comes to truck accidents, there are many different opportunities to claim compensation. Some of the most common damages that our Bradenton truck accident attorneys help victims claim are:
- Medical Bills – Following a truck accident, you or a loved one have most likely have experienced some kind of injury. In this case, you may have to visit a hospital or doctor, which will result in medical bills. If this is the case, you may be able to claim back compensation for those bills.
- Lost Wages – Due to the nature of truck accidents and the severity of the injuries you or a loved one could sustain, it’s possible that you can miss work. In this case, you can claim back not only the wages you may have already missed, but your projected missed wages, provided that you have proof you’re not able to work for a certain amount of time.
- Pain and Suffering – Although harder to prove, the pain and suffering that can come from a truck accident, such as mental trauma, is very real. If you can’t live or enjoy your life to the same extent due to this trauma, then a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you claim compensation for this.
- Related Expenses – Any physical, economic damages that you might experience due to the truck accident can be claimed back in compensation. This might include damages to your car and or personal belongings.
Unfortunately, a truck accident can happen at any time, sometimes due to road conditions, sometimes because of driver negligence. But no matter what the cause, a truck accident lawyer at The Law Place may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve if you have been involved in an accident on the road.
Typical Causes of Truck Accidents With Delivery Trucks in Florida
Every day our Bradenton truck accident lawyers see the same causes for truck accidents, some of the potential reasons that truck drivers can cause accidents are listed below:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – Trucking companies are only allowed to let their drivers work for a certain amount of hours in a day, and they must have a set amount of breaks during this time. This is to help against fatigue. However, fatigue is one of the main reasons for truck accidents, mainly due to companies ignoring these laws.
- Pressure From Delivery Targets – Due to online companies offering next-day and same-day delivery, trucking companies and drivers may feel pressure to work longer or ignore traffic laws to meet their targets. This can cause truck accidents, and the driver will be liable for this.
- Negligence – Due to spending many hours on the road, truck drivers may become too comfortable and ignore certain traffic laws, sometimes causing truck accidents.
- Insufficient Training or New Drivers – Depending on the company, the training a driver may receive could be insufficient and could lead to a truck accident occurring. In this case, the driver and trucking company could be to blame.
- Poor Loading or Overloading – These large vehicles often carry cargo, and if they aren’t loaded correctly, they may cause accidents on the road, causing injury to the drivers involved and producing unsafe conditions for other people on the road.
- Vehicles That are Not Properly Maintained – In some incidents of truck accidents, it has been found out that a trucking company has not kept up needed safety precautions and maintenance to their vehicles. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) found trucks that had any out-of-service violations were up to four times as likely to crash than trucks without.
- Distracted Driving – Due to the long amount of hours on the road, truck drivers may start to feel bored and get distracted from the road by their mobile phones or other distractions. These distractions could easily cause a truck accident, and the driver could be liable.
- Alcohol or Drug Use – For truck drivers, the legal drinking limit is lower than that of car drivers. However, truck drivers still get caught with alcohol in their system. Driving under the influence can hinder the driver’s abilities in many ways; it can be tough to react quickly enough to pedestrians and other vehicles on time, it can hinder the ability to break on time, and the driver’s attitude to the law can completely change.
Truck accidents happen all too often on the roads of Bradenton, Florida. Unfortunately, they can happen to anyone. If you feel like you or a loved one has been involved in a Bradenton truck accident that wasn’t your fault, and you believe that the truck driver or trucking company is liable, then it would be in your best interest to contact us and seek legal counsel. To speak with an experienced personal injury attorney from The Law Place, call to schedule your free consultation today.
Wrongful Death and How The Law Place Can Help
Losing a loved one in a truck accident is a devastating experience, leaving families to navigate not only their grief but also the complexities of legal claims. In these moments, The Law Place stands ready to support families with compassionate and comprehensive legal assistance. Our team of experienced attorneys understands the profound impact of wrongful death cases and is dedicated to ensuring that families receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
When it comes to wrongful death claims resulting from truck accidents, our law firm meticulously investigates the circumstances surrounding the accident, identifies all liable parties, and aggressively pursues claims against those responsible. We handle every aspect of the legal process, from filing the claim to negotiating settlements or representing your interests in court, allowing families to focus on healing.
2023 Updates to Florida Law: Statute of Limitations and Comparative Fault
Recent changes to Florida law have significant implications for personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from truck accidents. Understanding these updates is crucial for anyone considering legal action following such incidents.
Statute of Limitations
As of 2023, the statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims in Florida has been reduced from four years to two years. This change underscores the importance of consulting with an attorney and initiating legal proceedings as soon as possible to ensure your claim is filed within the legal timeframe.
Another critical update to Florida law concerns the doctrine of comparative fault. Under the new regulations, if a plaintiff is found to be more than 50% at fault for the accident that led to their injuries or their loved one’s death, they are barred from recovering any compensation from other parties involved. This shift makes the role of skilled legal representation even more vital, as your attorney will need to construct a compelling case to demonstrate that your level of fault does not exceed the 50% threshold.
Bradenton Semi Truck Accident Lawyer, FAQ
What should I do immediately after a trucking accident in Bradenton?
After a truck crash, ensure your safety and seek medical attention for any injuries. Report the accident to the police and gather evidence at the scene, if possible. Then, contact a Bradenton truck accident lawyer to discuss your truck accident claim and understand your legal options.
How can a Bradenton truck accident law firm help me with my truck accident case?
The Law Place has a wealth of experience handling cases involving commercial motor vehicles. We can assist by investigating the accident, gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and representing you in court if necessary. Our goal is to secure compensation for your serious injuries, property damage, and other losses.
What types of compensation can I recover in a commercial truck accident claim?
Victims of commercial truck accidents may be eligible for compensation covering medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. In cases of fatal injuries, families may pursue wrongful death claims. An experienced truck accident lawyer can evaluate your case and help maximize your recovery.
Are trucking accidents more complicated than passenger vehicle accidents?
Yes, trucking accidents often involve complex legal and regulatory issues not present in typical passenger vehicle accidents. This includes regulations governing commercial truck operations and potential liability issues involving trucking companies. Skilled truck accident attorneys are familiar with these complexities and can effectively navigate your claim.
What makes commercial truck accidents more likely to result in serious or fatal injuries?
Due to their size and weight, commercial trucks can cause significant damage in a collision, making serious or fatal injuries more likely compared to accidents involving only passenger vehicles. Bradenton truck accident attorneys understand the devastating impact of these accidents and work to ensure victims and their families receive just compensation.
How does a Bradenton truck accident attorney determine liability in a trucking accident?
Bradenton truck accident attorneys investigate various factors to determine liability, including the truck driver’s actions, the trucking company’s compliance with regulations, and the condition of the commercial motor vehicle at the time of the accident. This comprehensive approach helps build a strong truck accident case on behalf of the victims.
Can I afford an experienced truck accident lawyer for my case?
Our Bradenton truck accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay legal fees unless they win your case. This arrangement makes legal representation accessible to all truck accident victims, allowing them to pursue justice without upfront costs.
Why is it important to choose a skilled truck accident attorney in Bradenton?
Choosing a skilled truck accident attorney is crucial due to the complex nature of trucking accidents and the significant challenges in securing fair compensation. Experienced truck accident lawyers have the knowledge and resources to effectively advocate for truck accident victims, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve for their serious injuries and losses.
Speak to One of Our Bradenton Accident Lawyers Today
At The Law Place, we understand the difficulties and impact that a truck accident can have on your life. As such, we want to help take away the stress of the Florida law system from you. We will take over the specifics of the case, do our best to get compensation for your injuries and medical bills, lost wages, or other damages.
The team of truck accident lawyers at The Law Place offers a free consultation service, and our phone lines are open 24/7 so that you can contact us when it’s best for you. Contact The Law Place today and make the first step to winning your case by calling (941) 444-4444.