Sarasota, FL, is a high-risk area for traffic accidents. There is never an excuse for not obeying a traffic signal or failure to yield, and when people do this, they put lives at risk. A failure to adhere to traffic signals is an action that could result in life-altering injuries, especially if the driver is under the influence, which is often the case. Victims of this kind of traffic accident could be entitled to compensation.
If you have been involved in a traffic accident from someone’s failure to follow traffic laws in Sarasota, then contact a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place today. Call us on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation to discuss options for your next step with a reputable law firm.
Failure to Obey Traffic Signals in Sarasota
The victim suffers most from a motorist’s inability to follow traffic laws. Perhaps the driver ran a red light or failed to stop at a stop sign; this is referred to as failure to yield. Whatever happened, Floridian drivers should be held accountable for their mistakes because they have an obligation to operate their vehicles in a safe manner, following the traffic laws to the letter.
The most common traffic signal violations include:
- Running stop signs and red lights.
- Driving above or below the speed limit.
- Ignoring markings, signs, or traffic laws.
- Drifting from the designated lane.
- Failing to indicate.
- Overtaking unsafely.
- Failure to yield.
- Blocking an intersection.
These violations are amongst the most dangerous and often cause life-changing injuries. Sadly, we are all trusting other motorists to drive safely, and when they fail to do so, it could be you that suffers the ramifications. Don’t worry, our Florida car accident lawyers have dealt with many cases like yours and are dedicated to getting you the justice you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to obey traffic signals accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
Who Has Right of Way in Florida?
In Florida, right of way laws should be easy and clear to follow:
- When approaching a stop sign, you must give right of way to pedestrians and other motorists on the adjoining road.
- On an open intersection, you must give right of way to any vehicle already on the intersection.
- On a roundabout, you must always let traffic from the left go first.
Sarasota Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Duty of Care
Throughout Florida and specifically in Sarasota, motorists have a duty of care to others. This includes other drivers and pedestrians. The duty of care requires drivers to be safe on the roads, driving reasonably in order to keep everyone safe. When someone violates their duty of care by driving unsafely or failing to adhere to traffic signals, if they then cause an accident, they can be found liable for the damages.
To prove the validity of a personal injury claim, your attorney will need to find that:
- A duty of care was owed – You are owed a duty of care by anyone that drives.
- A breach in the duty of care – By driving aggressively, the duty of care is breached.
- That breach resulted in your injuries – A lawyer can prove that an accident resulted in your injuries.
- The injuries led to damages – Any injuries from a motor vehicle accident can lead to damages. You can claim for the damages if a correlation can be proved.
Click to contact our Car Accident Lawyerss in Sarasota today
Most Common Damages Claimed in Sarasota from a Motor Vehicle Accident
In Sarasota, Florida these are the most common types of damages you can claim for a car accident:
- Medical bills – you should claim for past, present, and future medical expenses relating to the accident. Medical expenses include transportation to and from appointments and medical bills.
- Loss of earnings – If your injuries result in loss of wages or earning potential, then you are entitled to compensation.
- Property damage – in Sarasota, you can be reimbursed for the costs of repairing your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering – if you are unable to do something you once could, resulting in mental suffering and lack of enjoyment, this comes under pain and suffering. Though hard to quantify, an accident lawyer can help ensure you get the best deal possible from your claim.
- Loss of a loved one – if due to an accident, you have been unfortunate enough to lose a loved one, you can expect compensation for funeral expenses and loss of consortium.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What a Law Firm Will Do for You
It has been found that over 90% of people who receive assistance from attorneys following an accident receive compensation. On average, they receive 60% more than those who didn’t use a lawyer, but this depends on the case at hand.
After an accident, receive a free consultation from The Law Place. We provide a no-obligation service and, even better, it’s free. If our attorneys decide you have a valid claim, and you wish to go ahead, then we will arrange another meeting. This will be in-depth and will cover all the details you need to know. We will tell you how to proceed, what the law firm can do to help you, and also our fee details.
There is no obligation to continue at this point; you can leave with no questions asked or, you can continue ahead with the claim. If you decide to carry on, Law Place will be there for you every step of the way, investigating your case until it is completed, leaving you to concentrate on recovering. Finally, it’s no win-no fee, which means that if you don’t win your case, you won’t pay a thing. The Law Place takes our fee from your settlement, and there is no need to pay any amount upfront.
Dealing With Insurance Companies
In can sometimes be difficult to claim compensation from an insurance provider in Sarasota because Florida is a no-fault state, as stated in Florida Statute 627.7407. This means you initially have to try to claim compensation from your own insurance company. This is unless the damages supersede your policy limit, in which case, you can be referred to the other motorist’s insurance company.
One thing to keep in mind is that insurance companies are big businesses, and their main aim is to make a profit. There are claims adjusters who are very experienced in their jobs. Their sole objective is to reject your claim or at least find a way to devalue it. It is imperative that you do not find yourself being taken advantage of by these people. If, however, you have accident lawyers supporting you, your rights can be protected, and they will be there to fight for your case from beginning to end.
Following an accident, it is your responsibility to tell your insurance provider. Your individual policy will detail how quickly you have to do this, but some policies are within 24 hours. Remember that whatever you say could be used against you, so make sure you are careful with what you say to your insurance company. Remain steadfast on the facts, and don’t be tempted to give detailed accounts of your injuries. A better scenario would include ringing The Law Place for a free case consultation. You could then receive the advice from our personal injury attorneys before you have to talk to your insurance in Florida.
Contact The Law Place in Florida Today!
If you have been involved in an accident with a dangerous driver, it is their responsibility to provide compensation. You may be entitled to receive damages as a result of their negligence as a driver. If a traffic signal accident caused you injuries, then you need an attorney who knows Florida law and will fight by your side for justice. You can benefit from our experience, ensuring you are supported and safe during your recovery.
Don’t face the Florida legal system alone – phone The Law Place today on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form