Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the way that we travel in the world today, especially in Sarasota. More and more people are utilizing the services of rideshare companies for the convenience and accessibility that they offer. However, it is inevitable for even Uber and Lyft to be involved in car accidents from time to time due to the growing amount of people using their services to get around.
In the event that a car accident occurs, and the other driver is found to be at fault for the collision, then they will be held liable for the injuries of every person involved in the car crash. However, if the Uber or Lyft driver is found responsible for causing the car accident as a result of their negligence behind the wheel, then they will be held liable for the injuries of their passengers.
If you or someone you know suffered injuries as a result of an Uber or Lyft accident in Sarasota, then we strongly advise that you get in touch with a skilled personal injury lawyer who can help you win compensation for your injuries and any other damages you may have incurred. The Law Place has over seventy-five years of combined experience and a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers who have the necessary knowledge and skillset to fight for your rights in Sarasota.
The Law Place has successfully managed and won cases relating to car accidents, truck accidents, personal injury claims, white-collar crimes, felony crimes, and even more. We have a vast amount of experience and knowledge when it comes to fighting cases for clients in Sarasota and across the State of Florida.
If you are looking for the best law firm in town who can help you with your Uber or Lyft accident case, then you’ve come to the right place – The Law Place. We understand the complexities of making a claim against a rideshare company, and we can help to make the process easier for you. A skilled lawyer from our law firm will start by investigating your case and figuring out what kind of insurance coverage is available so that you can focus on your recovery.
Simply reach out and contact us today for a free case evaluation. Our phones are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call The Law Place now on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident case together.
Uber and Lyft Liability in Sarasota
Have you been involved in a car accident as a passenger in a rideshare service such as Uber or Lyft? Then you might be entitled to make a claim for compensation against the rideshare driver, or at least make a claim against the rideshare company’s insurance coverage.
However, if it was the other driver that caused the car accident, then the rideshare driver and the rideshare company cannot be held liable for the collision. You also might be limited when it comes to enforcing liability against the other driver who caused the accident.
If an Uber or Lyft driver is found to be at fault for a car accident, then enforcing liability on the rideshare company will ultimately depend on a series of factors, such as:
- Was the rideshare driver on the road and in the middle of transporting a passenger to their destination?
- Was the rideshare driver on their way to collect a passenger at the time that the accident occurred on the road?
- Was the rideshare driver looking to collect a passenger by utilizing the rideshare service phone application?
In the event that an Uber or Lyft driver ended up causing an accident in one of the three circumstances as listed above, and the rideshare driver is found to be responsible for the crash, then they can be held liable for the accident according to Sarasota law.
Have you been involved in a rideshare car accident as stated in one of these circumstances? Then you might be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries, but to do this, you will need a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side. Contact The Law Place today for a free case evaluation, and we will do everything in our power to make sure that you win the compensation that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
Typical Injuries Caused in a Car Accident
An Uber and Lyft accident has the potential to cause great damage, inflict severe injuries on the people involved, and even lead to the unexpected loss of another person’s life. If someone you know passed away as a result of a Uber and Lyft accident, then you might be entitled to make a claim for wrongful death in Sarasota.
Some of the most common injuries caused in a Sarasota car accident tend to include:
- Neck and back injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Brain damage.
Our team of personal injury lawyers has managed hundreds of cases like yours, and we understand that it isn’t easy to recover from an injury, whether it was a minor or major, following a car accident. However, there are some more serious cases that could lead to permanent injury or damage, long-lasting trauma, or pain and suffering due to an accident. It can be a challenging road to recovery, regardless of if your injuries were minor or major, and we want to be the ones to help you get through.
The Law Place will support you every step of the way, and we will ensure that justice is served for your Uber and Lyft accident case. Reach out to one of our skilled personal injury lawyers for a free case evaluation, and we will discuss the details of your case today.
Sarasota Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Laws
It is important for all individuals who have been injured in a car accident to know that Florida is a no-fault state, as stated in Florida Statute 627.7407.
Florida’s no-fault state insurance laws basically mean that it does not matter who is at fault for the car accident, as you should be covered up to the extent of your own policy limits in regard to your insurance coverage in Sarasota.
Uber and Lyft Drivers Insurance Coverage
All rideshare drivers who are employed by Uber are required to maintain their own personal car insurance coverage. However, there are some rideshare drivers who have also attained commercial auto insurance in accordance with Florida law.
An Uber or Lyft driver’s personal or commercial auto insurance will apply if a car accident occurs and the rideshare driver is not logged onto the Uber or Lyft phone application. In the situation that the rideshare driver is logged onto the Uber or Lyft phone application during the accident, then the insurance coverage of the rideshare company would apply. Uber and Lyft’s insurance coverage are substantial enough to cover every rideshare driver, the company itself, personal injury protection, comprehensive coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, and collision coverage. If a car accident takes place, and the Uber or Lyft driver was found to be at fault, then the insurance coverage of the rideshare company could also apply to passengers of other vehicles.
If you were seriously injured in a car accident and the rideshare driver was found to be at fault for the collision, then you will need the support of an accident attorney from The Law Place. An accident attorney will be able to negotiate with the insurance companies of Uber or Lyft on your behalf, and they will work hard to make sure that you receive the right amount of compensation for your injuries and any other damages that might have occurred as a result of the car accident in Sarasota.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
In the State of Florida, there are two different types of personal injury categories, which are known as economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include:
- Lost wages – Any potential earnings that have been lost due to being unable to work as a result of your injuries and any changes to your income if you are prevented from earning your usual salary.
- Medical bills – Any travel expenses regarding stays at the hospital, transportation to and from the hospital, medication, medical equipment, surgery, physical therapy, and more.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering – Any emotional trauma and physical pain caused by the car accident, which also includes changes to and any reduction to your quality of life.
- Loss of consortium/companionship – Deprivation of your presence and the loss of your companionship with family and friends. Your spouse would have the option to claim for wrongful death if you were tragically killed in a car accident.
The Law Place has a vast amount of knowledge to help you understand your legal rights and guide you through the law in the State of Florida. A skilled lawyer will be able to explain the details of your insurance policy and the type of claim that you can make. Contact us now for a free consultation, and we will make sure that justice is served for your Uber or Lyft accident in Sarasota.
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Uber or Lyft Accident in Sarasota, FL.
If you or someone you know were seriously injured in a Uber or Lyft car accident in Sarasota, then it is essential for you to know your legal rights if you are looking to file a personal injury claim:
- Seek medical attention immediately – Make sure that you get a check-up at the hospital as soon as possible following a car accident, even if you believe that you were not seriously injured. Some injuries may not show any signs of having symptoms until days or even weeks later, but it is possible for them to become life-threatening over time if they are not checked out immediately after an accident. Keep in mind that if you seek medical treatment immediately after an accident, it will greatly help your personal injury claim, as a skilled lawyer will be able to use this information to your advantage and prove that your injuries were caused as a result of the car accident beyond any reasonable doubt. Additionally, it will help to establish the extent of your injuries and the amount of compensation that you deserve.
- Contact the police – You have up to 10 days following the accident to report it to the police department, according to Flordia Statute 316.066. For the Sarasota police to start investigating your case, you must report the car accident as soon as you possibly can. This will also greatly help your personal injury claim, as the Sarasota police will provide valuable information that will help to determine who was at fault for the car accident.
- Collect insurance policy and witness information – You must gather the insurance information of the Uber or Lyft driver, in addition to collecting the contact details of any other drivers who were involved in the car accident. This is essential if you wish to pursue a personal injury claim. This includes getting the names, emails, phone numbers, and insurance information of everyone involved. It will also be beneficial to your case if you were to collect the contact information of any eyewitnesses to the Uber or Lyft car accident, as this will mean that they can offer their recollection of the accident.
- Take pictures and collect evidence – Take the opportunity to snap some pictures of the scene if you are capable of doing so. This will include taking pictures of all damaged vehicles, the conditions of the road, any injures, and anything that is relevant to the accident. Pictures and evidence will greatly help your claim for compensation, and it could also help to determine who is at fault for the car accident.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident that resulted in serious injury, then you might be feeling at a loss for what to do next. The pressure will begin to build, and you might not know how you are going to pay for medical treatment and damages or how you are going to deal with the pain and suffering caused by the event. However, the good news is that you can hire the skills of an accident lawyer to fight for your rights.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of combined experience when it comes to managing personal injury cases like yours. In the aftermath of a car accident, we know how difficult it can be to handle everything on your own – especially when you have suffered injuries. Our law firm empathizes with your situation, and we want to be the ones to make sure that justice is served for your case. We always put the client first and foremost, and we will work hard to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
A skilled accident lawyer from The Law Place will begin by conducting an intensive investigation into your case, gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and developing a strong personal injury claim so that you can focus on your road to recovery. We understand that filing a claim against successful companies like Uber and Lyft might seem intimidating at the start, but we have the necessary skills and knowledge to fight for your case and protect your good name in Sarasota – no matter how big the company is.
There is no need to worry, The Law Place has your back. A skilled accident lawyer can offer you a free consultation today, in which they will give you some honest advice on the best move to make in your current situation.
Don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us now at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident case together.