One of the biggest causes of traffic accidents in Sarasota, FL., is when drivers turn improperly or without signaling. This is such a big problem that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released a report stating that turning without signaling is one of the top five causes of accidents in the United States. Luckily, most of the accidents caused by improper turns are minor fender benders, but occasionally they can cause more serious accidents.
In these serious accidents, there can be major injuries and even death. There can be several reasons for an improper turn accident, from eating food while driving to being under the influence, or even a small lapse in concentration. With improper turns, the driver is usually totally unaware of what they are doing and will not realize their error until it’s too late. Intentional lane changing without signaling is just as dangerous. Even with new car technology that warns people if they start to drift, human error is still very real, and technology can only do so much.
If you have been involved in an accident in Sarasota, FL., caused by an improper turn, or if you have caused an accident due to a lapse in concentration, you should get in touch with a Sarasota car accident lawyer straight away. Here at The Law Place. We have experience from both sides of the courtroom and have dealt with numerous cases, just like yours. Get in touch today for a free consultation.
Call us at (941) 444-444.
What Defines an Improper Turn?
Unsignalled lane changes are extremely dangerous; they are unpredictable and are nearly impossible to predict if you are another driver on the road.
Besides the very obvious improper turns, like changing lanes or turning without signaling, there are a number of other occasions that classify as an improper turn in Sarasota County.
- Turning at a red light that states no turn on red.
- Failing to stop at a stop sign, then turning.
- Turning left at a red light.
- Turning without signaling.
- Turning when you do not have the right of way.
- Turning in from the wrong lane on a multilane road.
All of these dangerous situations can lead to serious accidents and personal injury. You can end up placing your vehicle directly in the path of another vehicle, resulting in a T-bone accident. These types of crashes have a high chance of causing serious injury, such as soft tissue damage, whiplash, or worse.
Most of these types of accidents are avoidable and are caused by driver error, like a lack of concentration or lack of surveillance of the surrounding area.
What Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for me?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer will significantly increase your chances of navigating the complex Sarasota, FL., law. If you have been involved in an accident that isn’t your fault, you should not end up out of pocket. When you hire a skilled Sarasota personal injury lawyer, they will become your advocate.
This means they will liaise with all of the parties involved on your behalf. They will talk to your insurance company and the insurance companies of every party involved. Insurance companies like to throw their weight around and bully people into accepting a low settlement or trick them into devaluing their own claim. When you are dealing with a strong and aggressive legal team, like the ones that insurance companies employ, you are instantly at a disadvantage without a personal injury accident lawyer fighting your case.
If you have decided that you want to hire a Sarasota car accident lawyer but are unsure of the process, here is how most cases are structured:
- Firstly, you will receive a free consultation from your chosen law firm. This will be no-strings-attached and will consist of some quick and easy questions to give us an idea of your case. After this, we will give you some honest and unbiased advice on what we believe is your best course of action.
- Once you decide to hire us, we will call you in for a more in-depth meeting. During this meeting, we will layout our fee structure as well as getting a more detailed overview of your incident. When you are clear on our fees and happy to proceed, you will sign the dotted line.
- Now that we are representing you, you can relax a little. We will do all of your liaising and paperwork. We will also begin our investigations, speaking to witnesses and the police officers or first responders who were on the scene. We will begin compiling your case so that we have a position of strength to negotiate from.
- Once we have compiled your case, we will know roughly how much you should be able to claim in a lawsuit. This will give us a good figure to send to the other parties’ insurance company.
- At this point, we expect a settlement figure. If you are happy, you can accept it. If not we will continue negotiating for a higher settlement figure.
- If we cannot come to an agreement, we proceed to the trial phase. We will then use the strong case we have built for you to convince a judge and jury that you deserve the compensation you are asking for. Most cases settle before this point.
Contact The Law Place today!
If you have been involved in an accident caused by improper turning, then The Law Place can help. We have dealt with numerous personal injury car accident cases in the Sarasota area. Our personal injury lawyers have a wealth of experience and have over 75 years under their collective belts.
Sarasota accident law can be difficult to navigate. Give yourself the best fighting chance by hiring a team of skilled and knowledgeable attorneys. Contact us today for a free consultation on your auto accident case.
Call us at (941) 444-444.