The potential for dangerous accidents on the roads of Fort Myers is an unavoidable fact of life. It is a part of Florida with busy roads, both in the form of civilian car traffic and industrial trucks.
Accidents involving a truck or semi-truck are much more likely to result in a higher amount of damage and devastation than a car accident. One common cause of truck-related accidents is unsecured loads. At high speeds, even a small object becoming dislodged from a truck can have catastrophic consequences. Small objects may break windows, large but light objects may obscure the view of car drivers, and large objects may cause large-scale damage.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, which was the result of an unsecured load, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The Law Place has a team of experienced accident lawyers and offers a free consultation over the telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Don’t hesitate to seek the justice you deserve, call us today on (941) 444-4444.
What Are Some Common Examples of Accidents Resulting From an Unsecured Load?
As mentioned above, there are many different scenarios where an unsecured load from a truck could cause a devastating accident. While most people’s minds will automatically jump to newsworthy footage of overturned trailers or huge slews of debris leading to a multi-car pile-up, the common examples are much more mundane. However, this does not mean they do not have the same potential to cause severe injuries.
These are some of the most common examples of accidents which can result from an unsecured load:
- A truck carrying building materials may send rocks or debris loose into the road behind it.
- Heavy loads improperly strapped to a flatbed truck may come loose.
- Trailer doors, especially those belonging to a semi-truck, may become unhitched and open during transit.
- Cargo may fall from a truck onto the open road. Even if this does not immediately strike a vehicle, it continues to pose an accident risk to oncoming drivers.
If you have been in an accident as the result of any of these scenarios, The Law Place can help you to achieve the compensation you deserve. Get in touch with an accident attorney today.
For a free legal consultation with a unsecured loads truck accident lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Who Is Liable for an Unsecured Load Truck Accident in Fort Myers?
It is typically a difficult process to assign liability in truck accidents. There are many independent factors that can play a role in the blame for your injuries. The following is a necessarily non-exhaustive list of parties commonly found liable for unsecured truck accidents:
- The truck driver – The driver of a truck has a responsibility for inspecting the load their vehicle carries. However, this is not always possible. Some cargoes are loaded already closed and impossible to open without the correct equipment.
- The trucking company – The company employing the truck driver also has a responsibility and duty of care. It is their responsibility to ensure that the truck driver has the necessary degree of experience and competency to carry out their job safely.
- Third parties – The driver is rarely the only one who has handled their cargo. There are many points of fault possible, from the employee who loaded the truck to inspectors responsible for double-checking safety procedures.
The process of determining where the fault lies in such a truck accident can be daunting. This is why we advise the use of a trusted law firm to help you navigate the complexities of liability law. With an accident lawyer from our firm, you can be safe in the knowledge that your claim is in the best hands.
Fort Myers Unsecured Loads Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Can I Claim Following an Unsecured Load Truck Accident in Fort Myers?
There is a large variety of potential damages that can be claimed following a truck accident of this nature. These are not limited to physical injuries, as the damage resulting from a truck accident has the potential to be emotionally damaging or to cause loss of life, which could disrupt the normal functioning of your family.
Examples of damages commonly awarded following this kind of truck accident include the following considerations:
- Medical bills – Due to the way American healthcare operates, it is commonplace for a truck accident to be followed by expensive medical bills.
- Pain and suffering – Damages awarded for pain and suffering consider complications that result from a victim’s injuries. This compensation includes consideration for emotional distress, forced lifestyle changes due to injuries, as well as the length and pain level of the recovery process.
- Lost wages – Injuries from a truck accident often result in time spent off work recovering. Combined with medical bills, this can leave many people in a precarious financial situation. Damages may be awarded to reimburse you for your lost wages, so be sure to keep a record from your employer detailing any time off you may have been forced to take while recovering.
- Property damage – A truck accident commonly results in the destruction of your private property. If this is the case, you may be entitled to additional compensation.
- Wrongful death – Unfortunately, due to the sheer size and bulk pulled by truck drivers, there is often a high chance that victims of an accident may lose their lives. Wrongful death claims are civil cases which seek to reimburse the remaining family members for their loss. This is calculated on many levels, considering the emotional damage, financial disruption, and loss of support which the loss of a loved one can inflict.
If you have been involved in an accident resulting from the unsecured load of a truck driver, you deserve to know what level of compensation you can expect. The best way to find out exactly what you deserve is to contact us. Our law firm offers a free consultation over the phone, so you can see which of these categories applies to your specific case.
How Should I Deal With My Insurance Company Following a Fort Myers Truck Accident?
You are required to report any car accident to your insurance company within an allotted time frame. This time frame will be different occasionally from insurance company to insurance company, although it is typically 24 hours.
There are some important things to consider before speaking to your insurance company. We would advise never to speak with an insurance company without contacting your lawyer first. Insurance companies are accustomed to accidents caused by truck drivers and may try to gather extra details with the intention of deliberately lowering the amount of compensation they have to grant you. It is often the case that an insurance company may offer a settlement that seems tempting, but is in reality, much less than you deserve.
An insurance company is almost guaranteed to have its own team of experienced lawyers, as well as claims adjusters employed just to professionally devalue your accident claim. For this reason, you should avoid divulging the extent of your injuries, as you may face more unexpected complications in the time that follows. It is of paramount importance that you do not sign any documentation without a lawyer present and remain acutely aware that all of your conversations with the insurance company are likely to be recorded.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Money Will a Personal Injury Lawyer From The Law Place Cost Me?
Every personal injury lawyer at our law firm works on a contingency basis. This means that your case will not cost you a cent upfront. All fees incurred along the way to your compensation will only be taken from the settlement once your case has been won. This also means that if your case is unsuccessful for some reason, it will cost you nothing at all.
All of our contingency work is under strict monitoring by the State Bar Associations. This means that you can be happy and secure in the knowledge that your case is in safe and certified hands.
Contact The Law Place Today
Accidents resulting from the negligence of truck drivers or their employers are all too common. If you have experienced an accident of this nature, you may be entitled to compensation to make your recovery process easier. Recovering from a physical injury as the result of an accident is a difficult enough process without the additional financial stresses associated with the cost of medical bills or time you have been forced to take off work.
Our team of personal injury lawyers has a wealth of experience dealing with accident claims. Our team has over 75 years of combined experience, and we work each case as a team. This means you benefit from the knowledge and wisdom of each member of our organization. We strive to go above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our clients, and we understand that each case must be judged by its individual complexities and the needs of its victim.
Navigating the complexities of Florida’s road laws can be an overwhelming experience. Insurance companies are also most likely on the lookout for every opportunity to lower your claim’s value. With the help of a lawyer from The Law Place, you can be safe in the knowledge that you are protected from the many potential pitfalls that lie ahead. We operate a no-win-no-fee policy and ensure that each client is treated with the empathy they deserve.
The Law Place is happy to offer you a free consultation at any time which suits your busy schedule. Our telephone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A free case evaluation will give you the firm footing to know what compensation you deserve and how to proceed with your claim. Don’t hesitate, contact us today at (941) 444-4444 for more information.