A vehicle or truck accident of any kind is often difficult and unexpected. In Fort Myers, truck accidents are a much more common occurrence than what would be expected and often have very severe consequences. 18-wheeler trucks are massive, heavy-duty vehicles, and any accident involving this type of vehicle will almost certainly be quite serious.
At The Law Place in Fort Myers, we have extensive experience when it comes to dealing with accidents of this nature. You will need the services of a trusted and experienced attorney to represent you if you have been in a truck accident or even a semi-truck accident. In Florida, it is the law to report an accident within 10 days of it having taken place according to Florida Statute 316.066. As your attorney, we will be able to advise, help, and represent you in full capacity so that you have all the information and support needed. Your case is important to us, and we will do everything possible to make sure you get what you deserve when it comes to compensation for the accident.
Contact our law firm today on (941) 444-4444 to set up a free consultation and to discuss your specific requirements.
Reasons Why You Need an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Myers, FL
Trucking companies are usually no strangers to truck, and commercial truck accident claims brought about as a result of a truck accident with one of their vehicles. Therefore, they will be well equipped and prepared to try and devalue your personal injury or other compensation claims brought against them. They will be familiar with these types of claims and almost certainly know how to get out of the case. As an accident attorney, we will deal with the trucking company and insurance companies on your behalf so that you will not feel intimated or forced into taking something less than what you actually deserve. It has been seen in past cases that victims are offered lesser settlements by trucking companies to get out of paying what is owed.
At our law firm, our skilled legal team will begin gathering evidence immediately after you appoint us as your chosen attorneys. We will do our own investigation and obtain all records and paperwork surrounding your case. It is crucial that we have all the information so that we can build a complete picture of what happened. A Fort Myers truck accident is not the easiest thing to deal with but with our vast experience, rest assured that you are in good and capable hands with our law firm.
Simply put, you need a truck accident attorney to represent you in a Fort Myers truck accident case because there are many potential loopholes, and you deserve fair representation after the ordeal of your accident. At The Law Place, with a combined experience spanning 75 years, our success rate is impeccable. Call us today to set up a free consultation and get the right kind of help to win your case.
Why Truck Accidents Occur in Fort Myers
Commercial truck and other truck accidents occur in Fort Myers, Florida, for various reasons. Sometimes it is simply a case of trucking companies avoiding routine maintenance leading to the unfortunate and very avoidable occurrence of accidents. This constitutes negligent behavior under Florida Statute 768.81.
Apart from the above, there are a number of reasons as to why a truck accident can occur. Some of these include:
- Malfunctioning equipment – Due to faulty parts, the performance of a vehicle can be affected and not perform as it should. All trucking companies have the responsibility to routinely check and fix their trucks after their journeys.
- A driver who is distracted – Accidents can occur when a driver does not pay full attention to the road in front of them and is distracted by their cell phone, someone else in the vehicle, or the external environment.
- A fatigued driver – When your truck driver is not getting adequate sleep, is overworked, or for whatever reason is tired, an accident can occur, as they are not fully engaged and alert. Being a truck driver anywhere in the world, including Florida, means that you are on the road for long periods of time, often with little rest time.
- Speeding – It is common to find out that truck drivers are, in fact, speeding. Sometimes they are put under a lot of pressure to reach their destinations in a certain amount of time and, therefore, resort to speeding to help them meet these pressures. Drivers who speed are liable for their actions should they cause an accident.
- Tire malfunction – Having equipment that is not fully operational or regulated correctly can cause a truck accident. In this case, a lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor can be filled or against the trucking company if they were aware of the defect and allowed the truck and tires to still be driven.
- A truck that is overloaded – This is a very common occurrence as trucking companies overload their trucks in order to get more profits for goods whilst only sending one truck of freight to its destination.
- Not abiding by state and federal regulations – When a driver and trucking companies knowingly do not adhere to the road rules and regulations as set out by Florida law.
There are many reasons leading to commercial truck and truck accidents in Fort Myers. Most of these seem avoidable if proper care and diligence are taken on the part of the trucking company and truck drivers themselves.
Ways for a Truck Accident Lawyer to Prove Your Case in Fort Myers, Florida
If you have been in an accident in Fort Myers, you will need the assistance of an accident attorney to handle your case. Our legal team has vast experience when it comes to this as well as personal injury claims. It is vital that you have an experienced attorney represent you as they will know where the other party or insurance company might play hardball or try to intimidate you. Our team deals directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to deal with them as they try to devalue your case.
Truck drivers are some of the most frequently accused when it comes to road accident claims in Fort Myers. As your lawyer, it is our job to gather evidence that will help prove your claim and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. We go about this quite strategically, leaving no stone unturned. We do this by:
- Obtaining all police reports and photographic evidence.
- Contacting any witnesses and bystanders.
- Collecting statements from family and friends to prove injuries.
- A review of your medical bills to reimburse you for any expenses you may have incurred as well as future medical bills.
- Obtaining any camera footage of the truck accident.
- Getting access to the EDR (Event Data Recorder), otherwise known as a little black box, that will have data on how the truck was driving, the performance, and surrounding events leading up to the accident.
- Obtaining the trucking companies’ records to make sure they were acting as they should, and everything was above board.
Typical Injuries Associated with Truck Accidents in Fort Myers
A truck accident in Fort Myers, Florida, is a serious accident as it involves a heavy-duty vehicle. Personal injury in these accidents is usually quite substantial and can leave victims seeking treatment for quite some time, if not permanently. You will likely need help after being in a trucking accident as some of the most common injuries you might have sustained include:
- Broken bones.
- Spinal, back, and neck injuries.
- Head and brain injury.
- Internal personal injury.
- Wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Fort Myers, Florida, you will require the services of an accident attorney to advise you and help you in your case. You are eligible to claim compensation, and as your lawyer, we will be able to recommend how we could go about making these claims. We would like to ease your stress as much as possible, as, after an accident, the only thing you should be focusing on is your health and recovering from any emotional, physical, and mental injuries.
Contact The Law Place in Florida Today!
As trusted and reputable lawyers in Fort Myers, Florida, we are here to help you make sure you can claim compensation. Being involved in a truck accident is a serious ordeal to go through, no matter the injuries sustained. You need time to recover and feel confident again, especially when on the road. You will also need an attorney who cares, has your best interests at heart, and will go the extra mile for you when obtaining evidence and running a thorough investigation.
With decades of combined experience practicing law, our legal team is one of the best. We specialize in accident claims and are proficient when it comes to dealing with insurance companies and other relevant claims. If you are looking for an attorney who will take care of your needs first, then you are in the right place.
Contact us today on (941) 444-4444 to set up your free, no-obligation consultation so that we can discuss your specific case and requirements.