In St Petersburg, FL., a felony is considered one of the most serious crimes you can commit. If you have been arrested or convicted of a felony as a citizen of St. Petersburg, in the state of Florida, then it is important to seek legal advice from a law firm immediately.
Here at The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of criminal defense lawyers who can offer you support, guidance, and legal advice, giving you peace of mind that you are in safe hands during these extremely uncertain times.
Knowing that a conviction can lead to time in prison, large fines, and a criminal record, it is crucial you get in touch with us immediately if you are facing criminal charges. You shouldn’t have to deal with this alone. At our law firm, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation where you can call us to get the best advice from a criminal defense lawyer. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you can always contact us. No matter what time of the day or night, one of our team will always be ready to take your call.
The sooner you make the decision to speak to us, the sooner we can start working on your case. We want to make sure you have the best legal representation possible. Call us on (941) 444-4444 to receive your free consultation now.
Types of Felony Offences in St. Petersburg, FL.
A felony is defined as a serious crime, and punishment can vary depending on the circumstances. It’s important to understand what defines the felony you are being convicted of. In some cases, it’s worth noting that you can be charged with multiple felonies depending on the severity of the crimes within the circumstances. As defined by the Florida law, the following crimes are considered to be a felony in St. Petersburg, Florida:
- Sex crimes, including molestation, sexual battery, and rape.
- Domestic Violence.
- Child abuse.
- Grand theft, or the stealing of property, such as a car.
- Resisting or assaulting an officer using violence.
- Felony DUI.
- Carrying a concealed weapon.
- Aggravated assault or battery.
- Drug crimes, such as trafficking, the sale of illegal drugs, or possession.
A lot of the crimes listed above involve violence towards another person, some causing serious injury and, in some cases, death. This is why, in St. Petersburg, punishments for crimes can vary from prison time to, in worst cases, the death sentence.
This is why it is important to get the legal advice and support you need. It’s crucial you contact our criminal defense lawyers immediately using our free consultation service.
Here at The Law Place, we can help to guide you through this process. The sooner you contact our law firm, the more likely one of our criminal defense lawyers can minimize criminal charges against you.
For a free legal consultation with a felonies lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Penalties for Felony Crimes in St. Petersburg, FL.
What makes one felony different from another is that in some cases, a numerical value is allocated to the offense. This is done in order to categorize what kind of felony is associated with the crime in question. It is structured around a points-based system, meaning the higher the points allocated to the offense, the higher the offense ranks, so the severer the punishment.
According to Florida Statute 775.081, felonies are categorized under the following:
- Capital felony – This is the highest-ranking felony you can commit. An example of this might be first-degree murder. In some cases, you can receive the death penalty or life imprisonment without parole.
- Life felony – This is the next highest-ranking felony charge and is punishable with fines of up to $15,000 and life imprisonment.
- First-degree felony – Charges of a first-degree felony are punished with up to 30-year jail sentences and a $10,000 fine.
- Second-degree felony – Charges of a second-degree felony can be $10,000 in fines and 15 years in prison. An example of a second-degree felony might be burglary.
- Third-degree felony – This is the least severe of all the felonies, and charges could result in a 5-year sentence with $5000 in fines.
St. Petersburg Felonies Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Consequences of a Felony Conviction in St. Petersburg, FL.
If you are convicted of a felony in St. Petersburg, this is on your record for life. Here at The Law Place, we can help minimize this using a criminal defense attorney. Therefore, these penalties can be made less likely to affect you and your family.
Some of the consequences you could face include:
- Your right to vote.
- Enrolling in education.
- Restrictions to travel outside of the U.S
- Fighting for parental rights.
- The right to possess and purchase a firearm.
- The ability to qualify for government housing.
- Being considered for employment.
- Being considered for a promotion within existing employment.
With the help of a criminal defense attorney here at The Law Place, you can protect your future by minimizing the chance of losing these rights.
With our free consultation using our many years of experience, our criminal defense lawyers will advise what we can do to help you deal with the impact of criminal charges.
Click to contact our St. Petersburg Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Building Your Defense Case
We like to build great attorney-client relationships at our law firm, to make you feel safe in the fact that your lawyer is working towards the best possible defense case to avoid serious consequences. Our dedicated criminal defense lawyers will use all their resources to find all viable defenses. In the case of a felony, there might be options that are applicable to your case.
- Entrapment – If you have committed a crime due provoked by law enforcement.
- Double jeopardy – If you are being tried for a crime, you have already been convicted for.
- Duress – You were forced to act in a certain way, possibly by the threat of violence, for which there is evidence.
- Necessity or duress – If you were under threat or there was an emergency requiring the crime to be committed to avoid serious harm to yourself or others.
- Self-defense – Where you had to use force in order to prevent serious bodily injury or death to yourself.
- Infancy – If you’re of an age that is not of criminal responsibility.
- Lack of capacity – This refers to a situation where you didn’t have control over your actions. For example, a mental disability or you under the influence of prescription drugs.
- Lack of knowledge – Not being aware that your actions were illegal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What a St. Petersburg Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Do for You
At The Law Place, we pride ourselves on having the highest quality criminal defense lawyers available to you. Our law firm boasts over 75 years of collective experience in criminal law, and with that knowledge combined, our criminal defense lawyers will work with you on any charges you might be facing. Trust us to represent you, and we will make sure we produce the best outcome possible.
We believe that everyone in St. Petersburg should have access to criminal defense advice, and this is why we offer our no obligation, free consultation, so you can decide what is right for you. You need a lawyer that has your best interests at heart.
We pride ourselves on our highly recommended reputation, and it is our duty to provide the best results when handling your case. We promise we will always protect your information whilst offering a service you can trust.
Once you have contacted us for your free consultation, a lawyer will start to analyze the case from the prosecution and fight for the justice you deserve. We promise to try to minimize the legal charges against you in St. Petersburg. If we cannot get your charges reduced or dropped, we will negotiate a plea deal and aim to get you the most lenient penalties possible.
When you choose us to represent your case, you benefit from our entire team of lawyers utilizing their combined knowledge for the price of a single lawyer. So, call now and let us begin building a strong defense for your case.
Contact The Law Place at St. Petersburg, Florida Today
At The Law Place, it is of the utmost importance to us our law firm always has the highest standard of criminal defense lawyers to help you. We have assisted many people across the State of Florida, including St. Petersburg, to fight legal battles and have won thousands of cases.
Don’t let the stress of a criminal lawsuit hang over your head any longer.
We are positive that from one quick phone call and your free consultation, we can put you on the right track to improving your chances of successfully fighting your charges with a strong defense in St. Petersburg.
Call our law firm today at (941) 444-4444 for your free consultation.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form