A car accident can turn your life upside down. There are many things to consider following a car accident, such as how you are going to cover the amount of losses that you have suffered. Losses include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more.
If you were involved in a car accident, then we highly recommend that you hire a car accident lawyer as soon as possible in the State of Florida. Without a car accident lawyer, you will be putting your legal rights at risk. The sooner that you hire a car accident lawyer, the faster they can file your car accident claim and recover the compensation that you deserve.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to protecting the rights of car accident victims throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has successfully managed hundreds of car accident cases over the years, and we know that we can achieve the outcome that you desire.
If you are looking for the best car accident lawyer in town, then you have come to the right place. Our team of car accident lawyers will take care of you and your case from the very start to the very end. We will help you to get your life back on track. If you put your trust in our law firm, then you will be sure to succeed. Call our office to speak to a car accident lawyer now, and we will talk you through the process of filing a personal injury claim. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.
Why Do You Need to Hire a Lawyer Immediately After Your Car Accident?
If you seek the assistance of a car accident lawyer immediately, then you will achieve a better outcome for your case. Evidence from the scene of a car accident can disappear over time, and you will need a car accident lawyer to investigate, collect information and develop your car accident claim as soon as possible.
It is important that you have legal representation from the very beginning after a car accident so that you are protected from the other party involved in the car crash and their insurance company trying to pin the blame on you.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
At What Point Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
It is necessary that you seek legal representation following a car accident, especially if you are facing one of these scenarios:
The Other Party Is Blaming You for the Car Accident
It is not uncommon for people to refuse to take responsibility for a car crash.
If the other driver tries to blame you for the car accident, then you will want to protect yourself by enlisting the services of a reputable car accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you do not seek the assistance of a car accident lawyer, then you will be liable for all of their damages.
A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will quickly jump into action and launch an investigation to find the cause of your car accident and determine the at-fault party.
The Car Accident Involves Multiple Parties
A car accident involving multiple different parties can be very complex. In most cases of multiple vehicle collisions, you could have several lawsuits filed against you.
A multiple-vehicle collision always involves more than two motor vehicles at the same time, whether it is a driver of a car, a motorcyclist, a bicyclist, a truck driver, a bus driver, or even a pedestrian.
It is almost impossible for you to be able to handle a multiple-vehicle accident on your own, and you will absolutely need a car accident lawyer on your side.
You Sustained a Life-Altering Injury
If the car accident left you with a serious long-term injury or disability, then you will need to hire a car accident lawyer immediately.
A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will help you to recover the following compensation:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
The Insurance Company Denied Your Car Accident Claim
It is not unusual for an insurance company to deny a legitimate car accident case in the State of Florida. The most common reasons for an insurance adjuster to deny your claim includes:
- The policyholder failed to report their car accident in time.
- The policyholder did not give them enough evidence.
- The policyholder exaggerated their car accident injuries.
- The policyholder’s claim is fraudulent.
If your insurance company denies your claim for any of these reasons, then you should speak to a car accident lawyer immediately. They will be able to help you file your car accident case.
Your Filing Deadline Is Coming Up
The State of Florida declares that you have up to four years to file a personal injury claim following a car accident under the statute of limitations. It is imperative that you have a personal injury lawyer handling your case and filing it before the deadline. You do not want to miss out on valuable compensation.
What Should You Look for When Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer?
It is essential that you hire the right car accident lawyer to help you with your claim. A car accident lawyer will either make or break your claim. Our law firm highly recommends that you look for the following traits in a car accident lawyer:
- Passion – The right car accident lawyer will have a passion for law.
- Communication – The right car accident lawyer will have great communication skills.
- Good judgment – The right car accident lawyer will have vital and good judgment, especially when you are seeking their advice.
- Knowledge – The right car accident lawyer will have an in-depth knowledge of the law.
- Specialization – There is a car accident lawyer for every particular area of law. If you have been injured in a car accident, then you should think about seeking the assistance of a lawyer who is board-certified in civil trial law by the Florida Bar Association. A board-certified lawyer will give you the edge that you need.
How Will a Car Accident Lawyer Prove Liability?
A car accident lawyer will have to determine liability in a car accident by proving the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care – All drivers owe each other a duty of care to travel safely and in line with the law.
- Breach of duty – If a driver behaves negligently by driving drunk, texting and driving, or driving aggressively, then they have violated their duty of care.
- Causation – If a driver caused a car accident by breaching their duty of care, then you could hold them liable for damages.
- Damages – Your car accident lawyer will have to demonstrate damages that you suffered after proving liability.
The laws of negligence are written in Florida Statute 768.81. It is worth speaking to an experienced car accident attorney from The Law Place to understand more about how we will determine liability. You can schedule a free consultation by calling our office now. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Car Accident
It is important that you know what to do after a car accident, especially when it comes to protecting your legal rights. Our law firm strongly advises that you follow these steps after a car accident:
- Move to safety – If you are in a dangerous situation, then you should move to safety.
- Check for injuries – If you suffered an injury, then you must call for an ambulance. If someone else suffered an injury, then you should call an ambulance for them too.
- Call the police – You have to call the police to the location of the car accident under Florida Statute 316.062. When a police officer arrives at the scene of the car accident, then they will investigate and file an official police report.
- Contact details – It is imperative that you exchange contact details with the other people involved in the car crash. Contact information includes names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance information, vehicle registration numbers, and more.
- Collect evidence – Try to collect evidence by taking pictures and videos of the location, property damage, road marks, injuries, and more.
- Go to the hospital – It is important that you go to the hospital to see a doctor as soon as possible, even if you feel that you are not in pain. There are many cases where an injury does not show itself until days or even weeks after an accident. If you do not seek medical assistance within 14 days after a car accident, then you will not be able to receive compensation for an injury as written in Florida Statute 627.736.
- Insurance company – Your insurance company requires you to tell them about a car accident as soon as possible. However, the exact time that you have to call your insurance company will be specified in your policy. Do not give your insurance company any details about your car accident and only stick to the basic facts. You can even ask your car accident attorney to speak to your insurance company on your behalf.
- Hire a car accident lawyer – A car accident lawyer will help you to win the compensation that you deserve following a car accident. If you seek legal representation with The Law Place, then we will be sure to succeed together. Call our office to schedule a free consultation now.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents happen for a number of reasons. It depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding the individual case. The Law Place has investigated and handled all types of car accidents such as:
- Distracted driving – The law against texting while driving does not make a difference to some drivers until they cause an accident. Distracted driving includes eating, drinking, applying makeup, engaging in conversation with a passenger, adjusting their navigational system, using a mobile phone, and more.
- Drunk driving – Drunk driving is a serious offense in the State of Florida. A driver who decides to operate a motor vehicle while drunk will face severe consequences, especially in the event that they cause a car accident.
- Aggressive driving – There are drivers who get easily impatient with traffic that is slow-moving, and they often take out their anger on other road users. Aggressive driving includes tailgating, intimidating other drivers to get out of the way, weaving through traffic, and more.
- Violating traffic laws – The rules of the road are explained in the Florida Traffic Code. Every driver has to learn the Florida Traffic Code before they can obtain their driver’s license. However, there are still drivers who break the law by running traffic lights or stop signs, ignoring the right of way, failing to yield, speeding, and more.
- Defective auto parts – Tires, brakes, airbags, steering systems, and other parts of a motor vehicle can unexpectedly malfunction. In this case, the driver is not at fault. The fault lies with the manufacturer or the company who sold the part.
- Road hazards – Weather changes can cause destruction on the roads in the State of Florida. The state and local governments are responsible for maintaining the roads and fixing damages unless the road is privately owned.
Other Types of Accidents
When people hear or read about an accident, they will usually expect it to be two motor vehicles colliding with each other. However, there are plenty of other accidents that do not involve only cars, such as:
- Train accidents.
- Truck accidents.
- Car accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Drunk driving accidents.
- Reckless driving accidents.
- Distracted driving accidents.
- Fatigued driving accidents.
- Uber and Lyft accidents.
Our team of car accident attorneys at The Law Place will work hard to determine the at-fault party for your case, regardless of whether you were involved in a motorcycle accident, a truck accident, or a car accident. We will work day and night to investigate the circumstances and facts surrounding your case. Call our office to schedule a free consultation now.
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
The Law Place has been able to help hundreds of car accident victims to win the compensation that they are owed for all types of injuries. Our law firm has won compensation for a number of injuries that include:
- Back and neck injuries.
- Leg and knee damage.
- Joint, bone, and muscle injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Burns and scars.
- Internal organ damage.
- Loss of limbs.
- Permanent disability.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
The Law Place will investigate your case and work closely with your doctor to figure out the extent of your injuries following a car accident. We understand the complicated nature of car accident injuries, and together we will work hard to calculate the amount of compensation that you deserve.
Compensation for a Car Accident
The Law Place will look into all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your case in order to determine the level of damage. Our law firm will fight for the maximum amount of compensation for all of your damages, including:
- Medical expenses – Surgery, hospitalization, visits to the doctor, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medical equipment, prescription medication, and more.
- Lost wages – The loss of income since you have been unable to work, changes to your usual income, and a reduced earning capacity.
- Property damage – The costs to repair or replace your property that was damaged, including your motor vehicle, mobile phone, clothes, and more.
- Pain and suffering – Physical pain, emotional anguish, mental trauma, fear, depression, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and other forms of pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death – If someone you love was killed, then you could receive compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more under Florida Statute 768.21.
Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
The statute of limitations tells you the amount of time that you have to file a personal injury claim following an accident.
The State of Florida declares that you have four years to hire a personal injury attorney and start your case. If someone you love was killed in a car accident, then you only have two years to file a wrongful death claim under the statute of limitations.
If you do not file a personal injury claim or a wrongful death claim within the time written in Florida Statue 95.11, then your case will most likely get dismissed by the court.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you were injured in a car accident in the State of Florida, then you are most likely wondering, “when should I hire a car accident lawyer?”. It is important that you seek legal counsel with an experienced personal injury attorney following a car accident in order to protect your legal rights.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience and knowledge in filing personal injury claims for clients all over the State of Florida. Our law firm has an in-depth understanding of traffic law, and we will guide you through the legal system.
We have managed hundreds of different car accident cases over the years, ranging from head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, side-impact collisions, wrong-way collisions, and more. Our law firm has plenty of experience when it comes to dealing with insurance companies, and we will fight to win the compensation that you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
If you seek legal representation with The Law Place, then you will be sure to succeed with your case. Our team of car accident lawyers is willing to give your case the time and attention that it deserves. We will investigate your car accident, collect facts and evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, deal with the paperwork, talk to the at-fault driver, negotiate with the insurance companies involved, calculate the maximum amount of compensation that you could be owed and file your personal injury claim within the guidelines of the statute of limitations. We want you to rest and recuperate following your car accident, so we will update you every step of the way in regard to the progress of your case.
If you are looking for legal advice after your car accident, then you should speak to an experienced car accident attorney now. We will discuss the details of your case and answer all of your questions. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week so that we can be there for you all the time.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.