Florida is known for its sun and fun-loving residents. However, Sarasota’s sun-kissed properties, can, unfortunately, be home to more than just fun. Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere and are often very embarrassing, as well as painful. Injuries from a slip could range from a small bruise to a debilitating and traumatic head injury. Sometimes the full effect of a slip and fall injuries isn’t completely apparent at the time, and our embarrassment can cause us to just walk away instead of properly assessing the situation.
If you have had a slip and fall accident in Sarasota and believe you have a case, The Law Place can assist. We have over 75 years of combined experience dealing with personal injury cases in Florida. We will support you every step of the way so you can focus on your recovery. Contact us now on 941-444-4444 to arrange a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall in Sarasota, Florida
It’s important to take note of all the details when you suffer a personal injury through a slip and fall accident in Sarasota. Seek proper medical attention, gather as much information regarding your fall accident as possible, and contact a lawyer so that they can support you to make a premises liability fall case. To aid your personal injury attorney in holding the responsible parties accountable, focus on the following points.
- Be clear on what happened and ask if anyone witnessed the accident.
- Take photos of your injury.
- Be sure to receive the medical attention you require and retain your medical bills.
- Make a record of any lost wages as a result of the accident.
- Never try to take any responsibility for the accident or say it’s your fault.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
The Truth About Slip and Fall Accidents
Whilst it’s not headline news, the number of injuries caused by slip and fall accidents is astounding.
- Falls are the second leading cause of accidental injury and death in Florida.
- As listed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), nationwide, the leading cause of construction-related injuries is falls.
- In Florida, there are specialized programs to reduce childhood injuries, specifically addressing fall and concussion prevention.
- Falls are listed as the top cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries to those over age 65, according to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH).
An accident will usually happen unexpectedly and suddenly. As well as experiencing a personal injury, medical bills and lost wages can ensue. Serious incidents can occur when property owners fail to maintain a driveway, walkway, entrance hall, or any other common area and fails to warn visitors or employees and can occur on many types of property. Such as:
- Parking lot or garages.
- Retail store or malls.
- Apartment complexes.
- Sporting venue/ arenas.
- Construction sites.
- Recreational spaces and parks.
- Amusement parks.
Sarasota Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Personal Injuries at Work in Sarasota
Falls are documented to be a leading cause of injuries and even fatalities while on the job. Especially on construction sites. People can fall from elevated heights and encounter conditions most others would not. Whilst some are lucky to sustain minor issues, others can suffer life-threatening injuries that affect their work-life from that day onwards. Although having a fall at work adds to the legal complexity of a slip and fall accident, at The Law Place, our lawyers can determine if you could recover additional damages under the following circumstances:
- Your injuries were obtained whilst operating a defective product manufactured by a separate company.
- A person or entity not employed by your company caused your injuries.
- Your injuries were sustained because of maintenance issues or a property defect on someone else’s property.
Who Pays for Your Slip and Fall Injuries?
A Sarasota slip and fall accident may mean the property owner is liable to pay for your damages if they have caused a safety issue and failed to provide a proper warning. A Florida court will assess liability for your personal injury based on your status when you entered the property. This is based on if you are either an invitee, a licensee, or a trespasser.
- An Invitee – When a property owner invites or otherwise encourages you to enter their property, they owe you the highest duty of care. As an invitee, a property owner must take reasonable care to protect you from harm. They must keep their property safe and warn you of hidden dangers.
- A licensee – As a licensee, you enter a property without a specific invitation. Courts acknowledge that an owner nonetheless owes a licensee a standard of care to safeguard against hazardous conditions.
- A trespasser – If you have no legal right to be on a person’s property, the owner has no duty to keep the premises safe or warn of hidden dangers. However, an owner can still not intentionally create harmful conditions to endanger trespassers, such as setting traps that might injure someone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can I Recover for My Personal Injuries?
Whilst every settlement is unique, all include three damage categories: Economic, noneconomic, and punitive.
Economic damages include the following:
- Emergency room treatment.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Lost income.
- Medical transportation costs.
- Mobility devices and prostheses.
- Physical and psychological therapy.
- Physician and surgeon fees.
- Replacement services.
- Scar revision procedures.
Noneconomic damages include the following:
- Permanent impairments and limitations.
- Pain and suffering.
- Lost bodily functions.
- Losses to spousal and family relationships.
- Lifestyle changes.
- Anxiety and emotional distress.
Punitive damages include the following:
- Awarded if a defendant’s act warrants punishment.
- There is clear, convincing evidence that “intentional misconduct or gross negligence.” has been committed.
Make Liable Property Owners Pay for Their Negligence in Sarasota, FL
After a slip and fall in Sarasota, Florida, you need to take care to protect your rights. Get in touch with The Law Place today, and we can take over your case, we know how to ask the right questions in order to build a strong liability case.
Negligent property owners are prone to blaming those that have suffered injuries for their slip and fall, despite a poorly maintained or defected premise. Insurance companies are likely to compound your injustice to claim no-liability, defending the property owner.
As specialized Sarasota slip and fall lawyers at The Law Place, we empathize with the struggles someone in your position faces. Our lawyers will use everything in their power to hold property owners liable for your accident. We have recovered millions of dollars for our previous clients in premises liability cases. Through our vast past experience representing injured victims in Florida, our Sarasota, FL firm has an outstanding knowledge of the courtroom, assessing evidence and legal proceedings. Not only do we possess the resources to properly prepare for a successful case, but we also have the investigative skills needed to prove a premises liability.
The Law Place chooses to take a client-centered approach to every case. We take the time to get to know each client’s family as well as the injured victim themselves to clearly understand how the accident affected their life. Whilst money can’t take the injuries away, receiving a settlement helps to lighten the burden of the financial and personal struggles those who have had a life-changing accident face.
The Law Place Brings Results
Our success rate shows our approach to preparation and investigation combined with experience is the key to winning a legal battle. Our attorneys carefully question and review relevant legal issues. Through developing a thorough understanding of our client’s lives as well as the injuries sustained through their accident, we deliver the highest possible outcome. In the past, we have amicably mediated with insurance companies and, when necessary, litigated on behalf of clients in front of judge and jury.
As the circumstances of every single slip and fall case vary substantially, we cannot guarantee a specific outcome. We can, however, use the results of previous cases to demonstrate our commitment to winning a fair settlement for clients.
Contact The Law Place Now
If you require a Sarasota lawyer to forward your case, The Law Place provides experienced attorneys with firm resources. Contact us today on 941-444-4444 for a free consultation, where we will determine if we can help you win your premises liability slip and fall case.