Car accident injuries vary depending on the circumstances and factors surrounding each individual case – from whiplash and broken bones to knee injuries and leg injuries. The aftermath of a car accident can be very painful and expensive.
If you are suffering from leg pain following a car accident, then you should consider working with a car accident lawyer who will be able to help you recover the compensation that you deserve. A car accident lawyer will work closely with your doctor and provide evidence for the impact that your leg injury has on your day-to-day life.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to helping car accident victims who have suffered injuries throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm understands the complex nature of car accident injuries, and we want to help you to get back on your feet.
A car accident lawyer from our law firm will sit down with you to discuss your experience and the medical process of your leg injury. If you have questions or concerns in regard to a leg injury caused in a car accident and the type of compensation that you could be entitled to receive, then you should call our office now. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.
Most Common Leg Injuries in Car Accidents
The leg is a large part of the body, and it consists of the thighs, knees, calves, ankles, and feet. The legs are prone to all different kinds of injuries, especially in a car accident. The most common leg injuries that a person can suffer in a car accident tend to include:
Broken Legs, Feet, Pelvis, or Ankles
The leg can break in a number of areas in a car accident. The bones in the leg can break when force is applied in a car accident and can cause a lot of suffering for the victim. For example, it takes great force to break the thigh bone (which is one of the largest and strongest bones in the human body), and a fracture can take months to heal.
The knee consists of cushion sacs that are known as bursae that pad the bones, muscles, and tendons. A car accident can cause the bursae to become inflamed, and it can lead to swelling, pain, and problems in the knee joint.
When the cartilage in the knee is twisted too much, it can cause swelling along with pain and stiffness.
The anterior cruciate ligament (otherwise called the ACL) is the connection between your femur to the tibia. It creates stability and flexibility in the knee joint. An ACL injury is quite common in car accidents, and it can lead to pain, weakness, and swelling in the knee joint.
A ligament injury involves punching or severing of nerves, tendons, and muscles in the leg.
A laceration involves cuts, perforations, or punctures of the tissues, skin, or bones in the leg.
What to Do After a Car Accident
When you are involved in a car accident, it is important that you know the right steps to take to protect yourself and your legal rights in the State of Florida. The right steps include:
- Moving to safety – You must move to safety and wait in a safe location following a car accident.
- Checking for injuries – If you or someone else sustained an injury following a car accident, then you must call an ambulance to the scene of the crash.
- Calling the police – Florida Statute 316.062 demands that you call the police to the location of the car accident immediately. The police officers will conduct an investigation of the car accident and file an official report of the crash.
- Contact details – You must share your contact details with the other people involved in the car accident, and you also must get their contact details too.
- Collect evidence – If you are not in too much pain, then you should collect evidence from the scene of the car accident by taking photographs and videos of the location, motor vehicles, road conditions, injuries, and more.
- Go to the hospital – If you are in pain, then you should go to the hospital immediately. However, we strongly advise that you go to the hospital even if you are not in pain following a car accident. Florida Statute 627.736 declares that you must seek medical assistance within 14 days after a car accident. Otherwise, you will not be eligible for compensation.
- Insurance company – You are required to inform your insurance company of a car accident as soon as possible. The time will be specified further in your policy agreement with the insurance company. When you speak to them on the phone, do not share the details of the accident and be vague. If you do not feel comfortable speaking to the insurance company, then you can ask your personal injury lawyer to talk to them on your behalf.
- Hire a car accident lawyer – It is important that you have legal representation following a car accident in the State of Florida. A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. Call our office to set up a free consultation now.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are a number of reasons why a car accident can happen, but each case is different from the next. The good news is that The Law Place has managed all types of car accidents, including:
- Distracted driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI/DWI).
- Aggressive driving.
- Violating traffic laws.
- Defective auto parts.
- Road hazards.
Other Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
The Law Place has helped hundreds of car accident victims to recover compensation following injuries like bone injuries, leg fractures, broken femur, and leg injuries. Our law firm has also fought to win compensation for other injuries such as:
- Burns and scars.
- Back and neck injuries.
- Joint, bone, and muscle injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Internal organ damage.
- Loss of limbs.
- Permanent disability.
- Head injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
The Law Place will be at your side every step of the way following a leg injury in a car accident. We understand the pain that you are going through, and we will work closely with medical professionals to determine the amount of compensation that you could be entitled to receive for your injury and subsequent medical bills.
Compensation for a Car Accident
The car accident lawyers at The Law Place will investigate all of the circumstances and factors that contributed to the car accident that caused your leg injury in the State of Florida. Our law firm will build a personal injury claim that includes all of the losses that you have suffered as a result of the crash.
- Medical expenses – The surgery, visits to the doctor, hospitalization, medical equipment, physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription medication, and other medical bills.
- Lost wages – The wages that you have lost since you have been unable to work, a reduced earning capacity, and changes to your usual wages.
- Property damage – The damage to your motor vehicle, mobile phone, clothes, and more, which includes the costs to repair or replace them.
- Pain and suffering – The physical pain, mental trauma, emotional suffering, depression, fear, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and other types of pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death – If you lost someone you love in a car accident, then you could be entitled to funeral bills, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more, according to Florida Statute 768.21.
Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
The statute of limitations declares that you have four years to file a personal injury claim following the date of the car accident in the State of Florida. However, if someone you love was killed in a car accident, then you have two years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death claim.
If you do not file your claim in time, then your case will probably get dismissed by the court under Florida Statue 95.11.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or someone you know are suffering from leg pain following a car accident, then you should first seek medical treatment and then seek legal counsel as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney will be your strongest advocate in securing the compensation that you are owed.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience and knowledge in winning compensation for leg injuries for clients all over the State of Florida. Our law firm has an in-depth understanding of traffic law, and we will explain the process to you.
If you are looking for the best personal injury attorney in town, then you have come to the right place. A personal injury attorney from our law firm will fight for your legal rights and ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation following a car accident.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.