A car accident can have very serious repercussions, especially in the days following the crash. Many people who have been involved in a car accident will say that the aftermath is much harder than experiencing the crash itself.
There is usually a pile of medical bills to pay, a loss of income, damage to your vehicle, pain and suffering, and many other aspects to deal with. You might be wondering how you are going to handle all of this on your own, but the good news is that you can hire a law firm to manage the case for you and win the compensation that you deserve.
The Law Place has collected over seventy-five years of experience in fighting personal injury claims for clients all over the State of Florida. We have a comprehensive knowledge of Florida law, and we have successfully fought and won hundreds of personal injury claims for those who have been injured in car accidents.
If you are searching for the most reputable law firm in town, then you have come to the right place – The Law Place. Our law firm takes pride in our ability to take on hard cases that other lawyers are not able to handle. We have a dedicated team of car accident lawyers who will work day and night to build your case and achieve an outcome that is satisfactory for you while you are on your road to recovery.
Get in touch with The Law Place today for a free consultation. Contact us now on (941) 444-4444, and we will fight your car accident together in the State of Florida.
In This Article
- What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida
- Why You Should Work With a Car Accident Lawyer in Florida
- Types of Car Accident Claims
- Types of Car Crash Injuries and Compensation That You Could Be Entitled to
- Contact The Law Place Today
What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida
It might be hard to get your thinking straight after being involved in a car accident, but The Law Place is here to help you during this difficult time. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a serious car accident, then you will be able to make a claim for compensation.
Here are some of our main tips on what to do following a Florida car accident:
- Refrain from blocking the road and alert oncoming traffic of the accident.
- If you are uninjured, try to help any injured people who are involved in the accident.
- Call the police department to the scene of the accident immediately.
- Exchange contact information like names, phone numbers, and vehicle registration numbers with the other driver(s).
- Get the contact information of any witnesses to the crash.
- Collect evidence of the scene of the accident; take pictures, gather contact information, etc.
- Reach out to a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place who can handle your case with skill and efficiency.
- Do not accept checks or sign any documents without speaking to a personal injury lawyer.
- Do not offer any statements to the insurance company without a personal injury lawyer being present in the conversation.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
Why You Should Work With a Car Accident Lawyer in Florida
There are many people who hesitate to reach out to a personal injury lawyer following a car accident, as they tend to think that hiring a lawyer is unnecessary. However, you will greatly increase your chances of receiving a high compensation amount if you seek legal representation as soon as possible.
A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will be able to provide help and support in a myriad of ways, such as:
- Conducting an investigation – Determining fault in a car crash is not always easy, and there must be evidence to back up a claim. A driver’s fault or negligence behind the wheel will hugely affect the amount of compensation that you will receive when you are offered a settlement. Unless you have the evidence to prove that the other driver was negligent, then you might not be in a position to recover compensation. This is where The Law Place will step in to do the work – we will conduct an extensive investigation into the accident, collect information and evidence such as photographs of the accident, video footage, police reports, statements from eyewitnesses, and more.
- Filing a personal injury claim – You might be confused about how to file a personal injury claim following your car accident. However, a car accident lawyer from The Law Place will be able to explain the process to you and file a strong claim to secure your rightful compensation.
- Proving damages – You might believe that the insurance adjuster who is responsible for handling your claim after you have been involved in a crash will compensate you. However, it is very important to hire a skilled personal injury lawyer from The Law Place to investigate the full extent of your damages, losses, and injuries so that you have a clear picture of the amount of compensation that you are owed.
- Negotiating for a settlement offer – It is not uncommon for an insurance adjuster to take advantage of your accident and offer you less than you deserve. This is another valid reason why you should hire a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place. We can work to negotiate a compensation amount that is satisfactory for you.
- Taking your claim to court – Sometimes, a settlement cannot be concluded between a car accident lawyer and your insurance company, which means that you will need a car accident lawyer from The Law Place to take your case to court and fight for your legal rights in order to win the compensation that you deserve.
Types of Car Accident Claims
Negligence is usually the number one cause for car accidents to occur, which means that a driver violated their duty of care in the State of Florida by not operating their vehicle in a mindful and safe manner. A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will conduct a preliminary investigation to find out whether you will be deemed negligent or not for your car accident.
One of our car accident lawyers will give you the best chance of winning the case by proving that the other driver was negligent behind the wheel. Some key examples of negligent drivers include driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless driving, distracted driving (texting or talking to another passenger in the car).
However, if the vehicle that you were driving, or the other driver’s vehicle, was faulty in some way, and this contributed to causing the accident, then you might be able to claim against the company who manufactured the vehicle.
Our car accident lawyers will do their best to prove that you were not at fault for the crash, and the accident occurred due to a fault in the vehicle. A successful lawsuit will require the below information to be covered in the case:
- The defective car or part of the car is classed as unreasonably dangerous.
- The vehicle was being operated in a safe manner.
- The performance of the vehicle has not changed since the original purchase.
Other contributions to car accidents can include faulty construction, design, or maintenance of the roads at the time. This will mean that the other driver is not guilty of the crash due to circumstances that are out of their control.
Types of Car Crash Injuries and Compensation That You Could Be Entitled to
The extent of injuries will vary depending on the case in question. Unfortunately, there are some cases where treatment for injuries is not covered by insurance.
A car accident lawyer can help to cover the costs of injuries such as:
- Burns and scars.
- Knee damage.
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Loss of limbs.
- Permanent disability.
If you are looking for compensation to cover further damages, then a personal injury lawyer will negotiate with the guilty driver’s insurance company to recover the rest of the compensation that you need to cover all of your costs. A skilled personal injury lawyer will collect and analyze evidence to develop a strong case. The insurance company will try their best to reduce the amount of compensation that they will pay out, but this will not stop The Law Place.
It is always best to share every little piece of information with your personal injury lawyer, as they will use it to strengthen your claim. However, if your personal injury lawyer and the insurance company are unable to agree on the right settlement, then your case will go to trial, where this information is even more important.
A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will help you to recover compensation in a multitude of areas, such as:
- Past, present and future medical bills.
- Loss of wages.
- Loss of future earnings.
- Mental anguish.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages.
- Loss of consortium.
- Wrongful death.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place Today
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, then you are entitled to file a claim for compensation to recover all of your damages, costs and more. We strongly advise that you get in touch with The Law Place today to set up a free case evaluation.
The Law Place has gathered over seventy-five years of experience in winning compensation for clients who have been seriously injured in accidents throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has all of the necessary knowledge and resources that you need in order to succeed with your case.
If you put your faith and trust in us, we will negotiate with your insurance company and make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. Our team of auto accident lawyers will guide you through the legal system and help you to successfully file a claim in the State of Florida.
Reach out to The Law Place today. Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 and we will fight your car accident together in the State of Florida.