Experiencing some form of back or neck pain following a car accident is increasingly common in the State of Florida. Following a traffic collision, no matter how minor your injuries may seem, it is important to seek medical assistance as soon as you possibly can. Failure to do so may mean that you will be unable to claim compensation for the cost of any damages that you have suffered.
At The Law Place, we have a team of highly skilled accident lawyers with an abundance of experience in handling a variety of cases that have resulted in back and neck injuries. By seeking the expertise of a reputable personal injury lawyer, they will work to assess the damages that you may be able to claim. An accident lawyer will also fight tirelessly alongside you to ensure you receive the best possible result for your case.
Our offices are open 24/7, so rest assured you can call us at any time of day, and a competent injury lawyer will be on hand to help. Call us today at (941) 444-4444, and get started with your case today!
Why Do Car Accidents Cause Neck and Back Pain?
One of the reasons neck and back pain is so prevalent in traffic collisions is because car accidents often force the body to absorb a huge amount of pressure and force during the impact of the collision. Whilst safety mechanisms such as seatbelts and airbags are designed to absorb some of the impacts and restrict the body’s movement, in many cases, the impact can cause a tremendous strain on the neck and back.
If you have suffered back and neck injuries as a result of a car accident, then it is essential to seek medical advice within 14 days from the date of the accident. Additionally, if you find yourself facing hefty bills and medical expenses following a traffic collision that wasn’t your fault, then a personal injury lawyer can fight on your behalf to ensure you receive compensation for any damages.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash is one of the most common causes of back and neck pain following a car accident. Whiplash most frequently occurs when a vehicle is either forced to an emergency stop or is involved in a rear-end collision. In these instances, the body suddenly becomes restrained, often by a seatbelt, and as a result causes the head and neck to jerk suddenly, injuring the neck and back.
Depending on the severity of the whiplash, injuries can last from a couple of weeks, or in the worst cases, can be much longer term. No matter how minor your injury may seem, it is strongly advised to seek advice from medical professionals following a car accident.
What Are Some of the Most Common Causes of Back and Neck Pain Following a Car Accident?
In addition to whiplash, there are a number of other causes for neck and back pain following a traffic collision. Some of the other most common causes of back and neck pain are:
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord can sustain a number of injuries ranging from ruptured or herniated disks to paralysis. Depending on the severity, these injuries can be life-changing.
- Joint injuries – This includes strained, fractured, sprained, or dislocated joints in the neck or back. Symptoms for this can include swelling and bruising, as well as difficulty moving.
- Spinal stenosis – In medical terms, spinal stenosis is the narrowing of the spaces in your spine. When this occurs, the spinal cord and nerves may become compressed and put under increased pressure.
- Lumbar strains and sprains – These strains occur as a result of excessive force on the neck or back during a car accident. Lumbar strains and sprains can affect the muscles and tendons in the neck and back.
If you have suffered from back and neck injuries as a result of an auto accident that wasn’t your fault, then don’t hesitate to call The Law Place today. Our team of professional injury lawyers prides itself on developing honest and open attorney-client relationships built on transparency. An accident lawyer will work to assess your case and offer comprehensive legal advice on the next best steps to take in order to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
What Are the Most Common Signs and Symptoms of Back and Neck Pain?
Depending on the severity of your injuries, it is possible that you may experience any number of the following symptoms following a traffic collision:
- Ringing in the ears.
- Numbness in the neck or back.
- Limited range of motion in the head, neck, or back.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Extreme pain in the head, neck, or back.
- Pain and suffering.
With back and neck pain, it is not uncommon for symptoms to not appear instantly following the accident and rather appear as a delayed reaction. For example, a person who sustains whiplash may not show symptoms until days or even weeks following a traffic collision. Nevertheless, it is important to seek treatment immediately after a car accident. In doing so, you can feel assured that you are in the best possible hands, and medical professionals will be able to diagnose, treat and document your injuries from the offset.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Establishing Liability Following a Car Accident?
As with any kind of traffic collision, one of the first steps to take is to establish liability for the accident. An accident lawyer will look to investigate the scene of the accident as well as any supporting evidence and will work to assess who the liable party is. Depending on the incident, any number of the following parties may be found to be liable for a car accident:
- The driver of the vehicle.
- The insurance provider.
- Third-party companies.
It is also worthwhile noting that Florida operates under a comparative negligence scheme, as highlighted in Florida Statute 768.81. This scheme means that if there is more than one party found to be liable for a car accident, then both parties will be liable to pay for any damages incurred, according to the percentage that each party is found to be at fault. For example, if the driver is found to be 80% at fault for the car accident, then they will be responsible for paying 80% of the damages.
If you need help in establishing who is responsible for the accident you were involved in, then our team of accident attorneys at The Law Place are here to help. Don’t hesitate to call us today to arrange a free consultation and receive valuable and comprehensive legal advice, all at no obligation.
What Damages May You Be Able to Claim for Following a Car Accident?
Following a traffic collision, depending on the severity of the incident, you may be able to claim compensation for a variety of damages. Possible damages that you may be able to claim include:
- Property damage – If your vehicle or any personal belongings are damaged as a result of the car accident, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Medical bills and expenses from the past, present, and future – This covers the costs of any treatments, rehabilitation, or medication, as well as any costs incurred from traveling to and from appointments.
- Loss of income or potential loss of income – If you have sustained injuries following a traffic collision that has prevented you from returning to work, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of any loss of income.
- Pain and suffering – If the car accident had prevented you from doing the things you once enjoyed before the accident took place, then you may be able to claim compensation for this. However, this damage is often hard to prove, and therefore, it is essential to seek help from a legal professional if you wish to proceed with this damage.
- Wrongful death – If you are unfortunate enough to lose a loved one as a result of a traffic collision, then you may be able to claim damages that cover any funeral costs as well as loss of consortium.
A reputable law firm will work to assess the type of damages you may be entitled to claim following your accident. Following this, a personal injury lawyer will seek to gather vital evidence that can be used to support your claim. From there, they will work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact The Law Place today to get started with your claim.
How Can an Accident Attorney Help Me?
According to Florida Statute 95.11, the statute of limitations allows up to four years from the date of your traffic collision to report the accident and the injuries you have sustained. However, at The Law Place, we strongly advise seeking legal representation as soon as possible following the accident. A reputable accident attorney will be there to offer valuable legal advice and support you every step of the way with your case to ensure you receive any compensation that you may be entitled to.
At The Law Place, many of our lawyers are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the best rating, so you can rest assured that your case will be in good hands. This rating is based on trial skills, length of service, awards received, along with client testimonials and reviews. We offer all our customers a free consultation in which we assess your claim and offer valuable legal advice on how to achieve the best outcome possible.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you have been involved in an accident that resulted in back or neck injuries, then it is vital to get the expertise of an accident attorney right away. At The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of accident attorneys with over 75 years of collective experience. Our accident lawyers will be there to support you and your claim every step of the way. A personal injury lawyer will fight to ensure justice is served and that you receive compensation for any damages that you have faced.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free consultation where we will assess your claim. At this initial consultation, we will offer valuable and comprehensive legal advice on the best steps to take in order to achieve a positive outcome. Whilst we understand that no amount of compensation may be able to make up for the emotional distress and trauma suffered following a car accident, we hope that by receiving compensation for your damages, we can ensure that justice has been served.
Our phone lines are open at any time of day, so don’t hesitate to call us at a convenient time for you, and feel confident that a personal injury lawyer will be on the other end of the phone, ready to answer any questions that you may have. Call us today at (941) 444-4444 to get started with your case.