Punta Gorda is a small town that lies close to one of Florida’s many spectacular coastlines. Although the small town only has a population of approximately 16,000, accidents still occur frequently in the area. Unfortunately, accidents involving motor vehicles, slip and fall accidents, and medical malpractice are common in Punta Gorda and across Florida. The costly bills that usually follow these accidents can be financially crippling, and the injuries sustained from them can have devastating long-term effects on victims.
If you have been involved in an accident due to someone else’s negligence in the Punta Gorda, FL., area, call The Law Place today. Our personal injury lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience in handling personal injury cases, and so we have ample expertise and knowledge regarding Florida’s legal system and how personal injury law works. Having the best legal representation for your personal injury case is crucial. Without the support of a professional and experienced legal team, accident victims risk not receiving the maximum amount of compensation they may be entitled to.
At The Law Place, we believe that everyone has the right to professional and experienced legal representation, especially if the victim was not at fault for their accident. Our phone lines are always open, so you can contact our law offices whenever it suits you best. Call us at (941) 444-4444 to schedule your free consultation with a personal injury attorney today.
What Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Usually Deal With in Punta Gorda, FL?
At The Law Place, our personal injury lawyers usually deal with a wide range of personal injury cases. Attorneys usually deal with car accident claims on a daily basis. However, our legal team is also well-versed in other claims too. The following list offers examples of cases that our Florida personal injury lawyers also handle:
- Slip and fall accidents – These accidents usually occur when victims slip on a wet floor, faulty stairs, or badly fitted carpet on someone else’s property. A personal injury lawyer must determine liability in a slip and fall case by proving that the property owner was aware of the obstruction or hazard and failed to do anything about it.
- Dog bite claims – Injuries sustained from dog bites can often be incredibly painful and leave victims with serious trauma both physically and mentally. In order to obtain compensation for this claim, a personal injury lawyer must be able to hold the dog owner responsible. This can be done by collecting medical records of the sustained injuries and gathering evidence, including eyewitness statements and CCTV footage if possible.
- Wrongful death claims – Losing a loved one due to an accident is devastating. The decedent’s family members can claim compensation for the loss of earnings of the deceased as well as loss of support, guidance, and companionship the family has experienced.
- Medical malpractice – When a patient undergoes surgery or other medical treatments, they put their trust in the medical professionals attending to them. Doctors and other medical professionals have a duty of care towards their patients, and when they breach this duty, they put their patients at risk. An experienced attorney will need to prove that a duty of care was breached in order to prove medical negligence.
For a claimant to receive compensation for their accident, a personal injury attorney normally has to prove that the accident occurred due to the negligence of another party. Our personal injury attorneys have ample experience in determining who was liable for your accident and proving it so that you get the money that you deserve.
Common Injuries Sustained After a Personal Injury Accident in Punta Gorda, FL.
Unfortunately, sustaining injuries after an accident is a common occurrence, and these injuries are often serious. Injuries that can be sustained after an accident include:
- Head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Burns, cuts, and bruises.
- Broken bones.
Injuries sustained after an accident often have long-term effects on victims, and car accidents can cause particularly catastrophic injuries to those involved. An attorney can review the injuries you have sustained from your accident and determine how much you could claim as a result. Sending evidence of these injuries can increase the likelihood of receiving compensation from your insurance company or the at-fault’s provider, so it’s highly recommended to keep any record of your injuries.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for My Personal Injury Claim?
Hiring legal representation is the most efficient way to get the maximum compensation that you may be owed for your accident. The right attorney will be able to strengthen your claim by gathering as much evidence as possible. In order to recover medical expenses, your lawyer will analyze your medical bills, doctor’s records, and photographic evidence of your physical injuries in order to prove that you received medical treatment as a direct result of your accident. If necessary, your personal injury attorney will also gather evidence from the scene of the accident, including eyewitness statements and CCTV footage, and take photographs of any useful evidence, including road markings and signs.
Our experienced attorneys know how stressful dealing with the legalities and regulations of the Florida law system can be for our clients. Therefore, if a member of our legal team believes your claim to be strong enough after your free case evaluation, our attorneys will deal with any and all paperwork, legal documentation, and contracts so that you don’t have to. An experienced personal injury attorney will file your personal injury claim for you and ensure you obtain fair compensation for your accident.
Insurance companies sometimes take advantage of claimants who have little experience or knowledge of the Florida legal system by offering them a much lower settlement than they deserve after a claim is made. A personal injury lawyer will review the damages you have sustained and be able to calculate exactly how much you could be entitled to in compensation. We won’t rest until we believe you have received the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve from your insurance company.
Damages You Can Claim From Your Personal Injury Case
Damages sustained from an accident can leave victims with huge financial issues as well as physical and mental trauma. A personal injury lawyer will help you to recover compensation in order to cover the costs of the expenses you may have incurred after your accident. Damages that you can claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer include:
- Medical bills – Medical care in the US is usually very expensive, especially if the victim has suffered from severe injuries after an accident. Therefore, most claimants seek compensation to cover the costs of treatment they received as a result of their accident. If you have been injured after your accident, you may have received treatment, including surgery, medication, and physical therapy. A lawyer will be able to assist you in recovering the costs of these expensive treatments.
- Lost wages – Your injuries may have rendered you unable to work after your accident. Being left unable to earn money can cause huge financial stresses on an accident victim and their family as it can be very easy to get behind on bill payments, rent, and other necessities. Whether you earn an hourly wage or an annual salary, a personal injury lawyer can calculate how much you have lost in earnings due to your accident and help you recover this lost income.
- Property damage – Accidents can not only cause injuries to a person but also damage to a victim’s possessions. Car and motorcycle accidents can cause substantial damage to property, including the vehicles involved. Repairing and replacing damaged property can be expensive, and a lawyer can help you cover these costs.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered from physical or psychological pain and suffering due to your accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you claim compensation.
- Wrongful death – A decedent’s family can claim compensation to cover expenses, including funeral costs and lost earnings, as per Florida Statute 768.21.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you have been involved in an accident in Punta Gorda, FL., that wasn’t your fault, a personal injury lawyer at our law firm can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Our attorneys have 75 years of combined experience in personal injury law and other related practice areas, so you can rest assured that we know how to get the best settlement amount for you and your case.
At The Law Place, we’re not afraid of taking legal action when necessary, and we have represented clients in and out of court countless times. Our attorneys always provide clients with useful legal advice to ensure that they understand the legal technicalities surrounding their case. Making sure that our clients feel confident in our services and abilities is extremely important to us.
Call our law office today at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation with an experienced Punta Gorda personal injury lawyer from our law firm.