If you or someone you know were injured in an accident that was not your fault, then you should procure the help of a personal injury lawyer in the State of Florida. It is possible that you could be entitled to receive compensation for injuries, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience when it comes to filing personal injury claims on behalf of clients who live in Palmetto and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has managed hundreds of personal injury cases with great success.
If you want to know whether you are entitled to compensation after an accident, then you should pick up your phone to call our office now. A Palmetto personal injury lawyer will be ready to help you. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 and schedule a free consultation today in Palmetto.
Types of Accidents That Result in Personal Injury Cases in Palmetto, FL.
A personal injury varies depending on the circumstances and facts surrounding an accident. There are certain accidents that are more serious than other types of accidents. However, all personal injury cases deserve to be compensated. Our law firm has managed personal injury cases, including:
- Premises liability.
- Property damage.
- Construction accidents.
- Work-related accidents.
- Medical malpractice.
- Nursing home abuse.
- Wrongful death cases.
- Sexual assault.
- Dog bite injury.
- Back and neck injury.
- Brain injury.
- Spinal cord injury.
- Burn injury.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Trip and fall accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Car accidents.
- Truck accidents.
- Bus accidents.
- Boating accidents.
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Drink driving accidents.
Examples of Common Injuries That Are Sustained in Serious Accidents in Palmetto, FL.
If you sustained a serious injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, then you have the legal right to file a claim against them. Our law firm has recovered compensation for clients who have suffered:
- Severe lacerations.
- Broken bones.
- Back and neck injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries.
The Four Parts of Negligence in Palmetto, FL.
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, then you will need to prove that the other person behaved negligently. The four parts of negligence are called:
- Duty of care – Every person owes a duty of care to everyone else in the State of Florida. The duty of care asks all people to act with reasonable care and take the necessary actions to avoid causing an accident.
- Breach of duty – When a person behaves negligently or does not take the necessary actions to avoid causing an accident, then they have breached their duty of care under the law in the State of Florida.
- Causation – The person who breached their duty of care caused you to suffer injuries or damages.
- Damages – You suffered injuries or damages as a result of another person’s negligence, and you have the right to hire a Palmetto personal injury attorney from The Law Place in order to secure the compensation that you deserve.
What to Look for in Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Palmetto, FL.
A Palmetto personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will help you every step of the way after an accident that was not your fault. Our law firm will also provide you with support and guidance during this challenging period of your life. We want to make the personal injury process as easy as possible for you. It is important that you choose a personal injury attorney that you can trust with your case and who has your best interests at heart. Our law firm advises that you look for the following in a personal injury lawyer:
- Experience – A worthy personal injury attorney will have experience and knowledge when it comes to building personal injury claims.
- Trial – A worthy personal injury attorney will be ready to take your case to trial in the event that a resolution can’t be made between the parties involved. They should also have experience when it comes to managing trials and pushing to win the maximum amount of compensation for the damages that you suffered.
- Friends and family – A worthy personal injury attorney could have worked with one of your friends or family members. You can ask them to see if they have a recommendation.
- Settlement – A worthy personal injury attorney will have plenty of experience when it comes to settling personal injury cases.
- Reputation – A worthy personal injury attorney will be admired and well-respected within their local community and city. They should also have good reviews and a strong reputation in their area.
Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim in Palmetto, FL.
You deserve to be compensated after an accident that was not your fault in the State of Florida. However, you will need the assistance of a Palmetto personal injury attorney to pursue the compensation that you are owed. Our law firm has experience when it comes to recovering compensation like:
- Medical bills – A personal injury lawyer will recover past, present, and future medical bills, including surgery, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, prescription medication, and more.
- Lost income – A personal injury lawyer will recover lost income and reduced earning capacity as a result of not being able to work since the accident.
- Property damage – A personal injury lawyer will recover compensation for the costs to repair or replace damaged property, including your motor vehicle, phone, clothes, and more.
- Pain and suffering – A personal injury lawyer will recover compensation for a reduced quality of life, including experiences of physical pain, mental suffering, emotional anguish, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, and anxiety.
- Wrongful death – A personal injury lawyer will recover compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and more after you lose someone that you love in an accident. The wrongful death law is written in Florida Statute 768.21.
Statute of Limitations for Injury Cases in Palmetto, FL.
The statute of limitations varies depending on the state.
People are entitled to file a personal injury claim within four years from the date of their accident in the State of Florida. However, if you lose someone that you love in an accident, then a surviving partner or family member is entitled to file a wrongful death claim within two years from the date of their death in the State of Florida.
If they do not file their personal injury claim or wrongful death claim within the allocated time, then they will not be able to recover compensation later.
The statute of limitations is written in Florida Statute 95.11.
Contact The Law Place Today in Palmetto, FL.
If you love were involved in an accident, then you should consider filing a personal injury claim in Palmetto. Your personal injury lawyer will explain your rights and help you win the compensation that you deserve following an accident.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience and knowledge in tackling personal injury cases in Palmetto and all over the State of Florida. Our law firm has an in-depth understanding of personal injury law, and we can guide you through the legal system.
Our team of personal injury lawyers will investigate your case, collect facts and information, deal with the relevant paperwork, speak to the insurance companies involved, calculate the amount of damages, and file your claim. We will handle every aspect of your case while you take the time that you need to heal from your injuries.
If you have questions about your accident, then you should seek counsel with a Palmetto personal injury lawyer from our law firm. Our phone lines are open twenty hours a day, seven days a week so that you can call us at any time.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to arrange a free consultation today, and fight for your compensation in Palmetto.