If you have been injured in an accident, then it is important that you have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. One of the most important factors to consider when you are looking to hire a personal injury lawyer is experience. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to manage your case effectively, anticipate problems before they occur, and ensure that you are compensated fully.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to helping clients who have been injured in the State of Florida. Our law firm has the necessary knowledge and resources to help you win the compensation that you deserve.
Our team of personal injury lawyers has an in-depth understanding of personal injury law, and we can guide you through the legal system. If you call us now, a personal injury attorney will clearly explain the process to you. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.
The Timeline of the Personal Injury Claim Process in the State of Florida
An experienced personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will help you to understand the process of starting a personal injury claim in the State of Florida. Our law firm will complete the following:
- Developing and filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault parties.
- Negotiating with the insurance company and the other parties involved to agree on a favorable settlement.
- If negotiation is unsuccessful, then we will file a lawsuit in court.
- Litigating the case in court to prove that you deserve full compensation.
- If the insurance company refuses to agree on a favorable settlement, then we will find another resolution.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
What You Should Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer in the State of Florida
An experienced personal injury attorney from The Law Place will be at your side every step of the way after an accident. In addition, they will offer you insight and support throughout the whole process of filing a personal injury claim. When you are looking to hire a personal injury lawyer, we highly recommend that you look for the following qualities:
- Experience – A personal injury attorney should have plenty of experience in managing personal injury claims.
- Trial – A personal injury attorney should be ready to take your case to trial in the event that a resolution cannot be made between the parties involved.
- Friends and family – A personal injury attorney with experience and knowledge could be recommended by a friend or a family member.
- Settlement – A personal injury attorney should have years of experience when it comes to settling personal injury claims.
- Reputation – A personal injury attorney should be loved and respected by their community and peers. In addition, they should have good feedback from past clients.
What Is the Purpose of a Personal Injury Lawyer in the State of Florida?
The personal injury lawyers at The Law Place are highly trained to deal with the most complex cases, ranging from car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, and more. The purpose of a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will be to:
- Provide you with advice – A personal injury attorney will provide you with the advice and support that you need, regardless of the nature of your case.
- Explain your rights – A personal injury attorney will help you to understand your legal rights and the laws surrounding your accident.
- Represent you in court – Your attorney will zealously represent you in court and engage with the judge and jury on your behalf. Furthermore, they will argue for the maximum amount of compensation to cover all of the injuries and damages that you sustained in an accident.
- Conduct an investigation – A personal injury attorney will conduct an investigation into your accident, speak to eyewitnesses and collect the facts.
- Assess the damages – A personal injury attorney will calculate the total damages that you suffered and figure out the amount of compensation that you could be owed.
- Communicate with professionals – A personal injury attorney will bring other specialists, like a medical professional or an accident reconstruction specialist, in order to support and add value to your personal injury claim.
Other Aspects that a Personal Injury Attorney Will Handle in the State of Florida
A personal injury attorney from The Law Place will handle all of the other aspects of your case, such as:
- Analyzing insurance policies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company.
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records.
- Negotiating medical bills for their client.
- Conducting depositions.
- Preparing interrogations.
- Preparing and drafting the summons and complaints.
- Analyzing and addressing the validity of liens against their client’s settlement.
- Filing motions.
- Filing any necessary claim forms.
- Creating exhibits for trial.
- Preparing the witnesses and client for trial.
- Analyzing the verdict and getting ready to appeal if necessary.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Accidents That Can Cause a Personal Injury Claim in the State of Florida
There are different degrees of accidents, but every accident deserves to be compensated. The Law Place has managed all types of accident cases, such as:
- Construction accidents.
- Work-related accidents.
- Premises liability.
- Property damage.
- Wrongful death cases.
- Sexual assault.
- Dog bite injury.
- Medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Trip and fall accidents.
- Back and neck injury.
- Brain injury.
- Spinal cord injury.
- Burn injury.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Car accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Bus accidents.
- Boating accidents.
- SUV accidents.
- Rideshare accidents.
- Drunk driving accidents.
- Truck accidents.
Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim in the State of Florida
A person deserves to be compensated when they have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in the State of Florida. However, they will need to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in order to fight for the compensation that they are owed. The most common forms of compensation (economic damages and non-economic damages) include:
- Medical costs – A personal injury attorney will help you to recover the costs of surgery, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, prescription medication, and other medical costs.
- Lost income – A personal injury attorney will help you to recover lost income since you have been unable to work, as well as a reduced earning capacity and future lost earnings.
- Property damage – A personal injury attorney will help you to recover the costs to repair or replace your car and other personal property that was damaged in the accident.
- Pain and suffering – A personal injury attorney will help you to recover compensation for a loss of enjoyment of life and forms of pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death – A personal injury attorney will help you to recover compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and more after you lost someone that you love in an accident. You can find more information about wrongful death in Florida Statute 768.21.
Statute of Limitations for Injury Claims in the State of Florida
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is different for every state in America.
The State of Florida declares that you have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim under the statute of limitations. If you lost someone that you love in an accident, then you must file a wrongful death claim within two years of their death.
However, if you do not file a claim within the time of the statute of limitations, then the court will most likely dismiss your claim.
The statute of limitations is contained within Florida Statute 95.11.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, then you could be entitled to file a personal injury claim. However, you will need to seek legal counsel with an experienced personal injury lawyer who will explain the process to you.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience helping clients file personal injury claims after an accident in the State of Florida. Our law firm has managed hundreds of cases involving personal injury with great success.
If you have questions in regard to an accident, then you should pick up your phone and call our office now. An experienced personal injury attorney will be waiting to hear from you. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 today to schedule a free consultation.