Thousands of car accidents happen every single year in the State of Florida. Some people will suffer serious injuries or disabilities, and other people will get killed. In any case, it is essential that every person that is involved in an accident has a Florida car accident lawyer on their side.
There are a series of factors that play a part in causing car accidents, such as texting while driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, failing to obey traffic laws, and poor road conditions. If you or someone you know were involved in a car accident, then you have the right to find and hire the best car accident lawyer in town.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience when it comes to working on car accident cases throughout the State of Florida. If you are looking for the best Florida car accident attorney, then you have come to the right place. Our law firm has a dedicated team of car accident lawyers in Tampa, FL who will support and guide you through the legal system.
Call our office to speak to a Florida car accident attorney now. They will answer all of your questions and explain the process of filing a personal injury claim to you. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.
How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer
The Law Place will ensure that your car accident claim is handled with focus and diligence. We understand that it can be a challenge to find a Florida car accident attorney that you can trust, but we want to make the process easy by explaining the qualities that you should look for:
- Reputation – The best Florida car accident lawyer will have a high reputation within their state bar and the local community.
- Awards – The best Florida car accident lawyer will have awards and accolades from their peers, local community, and past clients.
- Testimonials – The best Florida car accident lawyer will have authentic and transparent testimonials from past clients.
- Wins – The best Florida car accident lawyer has a history of winning settlements.
The best type of car accident lawyer will have a working knowledge of the laws surrounding your case in the State of Florida. They will research and explore all of the possible options to make sure that you receive the best outcome for your case. In addition, they will investigate your accident, collect facts and information, determine the liable party, speak to the insurance companies involved, develop a legal strategy, document your losses, calculate compensation and develop a personal injury claim. It is essential that they exhaustively document all of the damages that you suffered, including the total amount of medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more. A car accident lawyer who is worth your time will work closely with you, listen to your demands, and negotiate tirelessly on your behalf. If the insurance companies cannot agree on a settlement, then they will also be prepared to take your case to court and fight for the compensation that you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident
You need to know how to protect your legal rights following a car accident. Our law firm highly recommends that you follow these steps at the location of the car accident:
- Move to safety – If you feel that you are in a dangerous position, then you should move to safety.
- Check for injuries – If you or someone else suffered an injury, then you should use your phone to call an ambulance to the scene of the car accident as soon as possible.
- Call the police – Florida Statute 316.062 states that you have a responsibility to call the police to the location of the car accident. Once a police officer arrives at the location, they will file a report of the accident, which will help you to file a personal injury claim later.
- Exchange information – It is crucial that you exchange information with the other people involved in the car accident, such as names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance information, vehicle registration numbers, and more.
- Collect evidence – If you are not seriously injured, then you should collect evidence from the location of the car accident by taking photographs and videos of the scene, road marks, property damage, personal injuries, and more.
- Go to the hospital – It is imperative that you go to the hospital to seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you did not sustain an injury. It is possible that you might have suffered an injury that will not reveal symptoms until much later, and a doctor will be able to diagnose your condition. If you fail to seek medical attention within 14 days following a car accident, then you will most likely not be able to recover compensation for your injury.
- Insurance company – You have a responsibility to tell your insurance company about the car accident as soon as possible. The exact time will be specified in your insurance policy. You should not give away the details of your car accident and do not accept an offer from insurance companies. If you do not feel like speaking to your insurance company, then you can always ask your Florida car accident attorney.
- Hire a car accident lawyer – It is important that you hire a car accident lawyer from a law firm that you trust. If you put your trust in The Law Place, then you will not be disappointed. A car accident lawyer from The Law Place will protect your legal rights and fight for the compensation that you deserve. Call our office to set up a free consultation now.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
The Law Place has successfully managed all types of car accidents ranging from:
- Distracted driving – The State of Florida has laws against texting while driving, but many drivers still continue to text and drive on the road despite the law. Distracting driving is a growing problem, with many drivers eating, drinking, using their mobile phones, adjusting their navigational system, and more behind the wheel. If a driver is distracted while driving, then they will not be able to avoid causing a car accident.
- Drunk driving – A drunk driver is a serious danger, and they put the lives of other road users at risk. A person who decides to drink and drive will face the consequences of their actions in the State of Florida, especially in the event that they cause a car accident. In most cases, a drunk driving accident could be prevented by the person simply calling an Uber.
- Aggressive driving – There are many drivers who get impatient with slow-moving traffic, which means that they take out their frustration on other road users. The most common types of aggressive behaviors include weaving through traffic, tailgating, or intimidating other drivers to get out of the way.
- Violating traffic laws – The Florida Traffic Code is a long list that explains the rules of the road. Every driver has to learn the Florida Traffic Code before they receive their driver’s license in the State of Florida. However, there are many drivers who purposefully break the traffic code by speeding, failing to yield, ignoring the right of way, running traffic lights or stop signs, and much more. A driver who violates traffic law can lead to a disastrous car accident.
- Defective auto parts – There are times when a driver will lose control of their motor vehicle as a result of a defective auto part. In many cases, a driver can lose control due to brakes, tires, steering systems, airbags, and other parts unexpectedly malfunctioning. When a defective auto part is determined to be the cause of a car accident, it means that the company that manufactured or sold the part can be held liable.
- Road hazards – State and local government agencies are responsible for repairing and the roads unless the road is owned by a private entity in the State of Florida. However, we all know that the weather can lead to the destruction of roads. If you are driving and suddenly hit a large crack, pothole, or other hazards, then your motor vehicle can crash into another motor vehicle.
Other Types of Accidents
When you hear about an accident, you will usually think of two motor vehicles crashing into each other. However, there are other types of accidents that involve cars, motorcycles, tractor-trailers, buses, SUVs, trains, and boats. Our law firm has successfully managed hundreds of accidents that include:
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Uninsured motorist accidents.
- Auto product liability accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Car accidents.
- Truck accidents.
- Train accidents.
- Uber and Lyft accidents.
- Fatigued driving accidents.
- Driving distracted accidents.
- Reckless driving accidents.
- Drunk driving accidents.
Our team of car accident attorneys at The Law Place will investigate the facts surrounding your case and determine the at-fault party, regardless of whether it is a car accident, a motorcycle accident, or a truck accident in the State of Florida. Call our office to speak to a car accident lawyer and set up a free consultation now.
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
At The Law Place, we have helped hundreds of car accident victims to secure the compensation they deserve for all kinds of different injuries. We have successfully won compensation for injuries that include:
- Burns and scars.
- Back and neck injuries.
- Leg and knee damage.
- Joint, bone, and muscle injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Loss of limbs.
- Internal organ damage.
- Permanent disability.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
The Law Place will work with your doctor to fully evaluate the extent of your injuries following a car accident. We need to know how your injuries will affect your day-to-day life so that we can accurately measure the amount of compensation that you deserve.
Compensation for a Car Accident
The Law Place will investigate the facts surrounding your car accident and determine the extent of the damage. Our law firm has a long track record of success, and we can help you to recover compensation for a number of different damages, including:
- Medical expenses – The costs of hospitalization, visits to the doctor, surgery, physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription medication, and more.
- Lost wages – The costs of lost wages following an injury that has prevented you from working, a reduced earning capacity, and changes to your usual income.
- Property damage – The costs of damage to your property that includes your motor vehicle, clothes, mobile phone, and more.
- Pain and suffering – A reduced quality of life that includes experiences of physical pain, mental anguish, emotional trauma, depression, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and other forms of pain and suffering could entitle you to compensation.
- Wrongful death – The death of someone you love could entitle you to recover compensation for funeral bills, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. Florida Statute 768.21 writes the law on wrongful death.
Investigating a Car Accident
The Law Place will listen to everything that you have to say following your car accident and discuss the details surrounding your case. We will investigate your case and identify the party who caused your car accident. A car accident lawyer from our law firm will ask you the following questions about your case:
- Did the other driver violate one of the traffic laws?
- Did the other driver make an admission of fault?
- Was the other driver operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- Did you see the police report?
- Is there a person who witnessed the car accident that can testify?
Proving Fault for a Car Accident
Proving fault is an essential part of all personal injury claims. The car accident lawyers at The Law Place will work hard to establish the following:
- Duty of care – All drivers have a responsibility to keep their duty of care to other road users by driving safely.
- Breach – A driver breached their duty of care by driving in a negligent manner, such as speeding, failing to yield, or violating another traffic law.
- Causation – A driver caused you to sustain an injury or suffer other damages as a result of their negligence.
- Damages – A driver made you suffer damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Recovering Full Compensation After a Car Accident
It can be a complicated process to recover compensation after a car accident in the State of Florida. The law has different requirements depending on your individual case. For example, The Law Place will explore all of the available methods of compensation, such as:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance- Florida law requires every driver to hold personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and other bills up to a certain amount, regardless of fault. Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance law is written in Florida Statute 627.736.
- A negligent driver’s insurance- If another party caused your car accident, then you could hold their insurance company liable for your medical expenses that exceed the limits of your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance and other losses.
- An auto accident lawsuit- If your injuries were highly serious, then you have the right to go through the civil court system and seek compensation by filing a car accident claim against the at-fault party.
The Law Place will conduct an extensive investigation into your car accident and collect all of the necessary evidence so that we can skillfully negotiate for the maximum amount of compensation, whether it means claiming through your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, the at-fault party’s insurance company or by going to court.
Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
The statute of limitations clearly outlines the amount of time that you have to start a personal injury claim, but they vary by state.
The State of Florida explains that you have up to four years to file a personal injury claim following a car accident. However, you will only have up to two years to file a wrongful death claim in the event that someone you love was killed in a car accident.
If you fail to file a personal injury claim or a wrongful death claim within the time specified in Florida Statue 95.11, then you will not be able to recover compensation later.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you were involved in a car accident in the State of Florida, then you will need legal representation. However, you might be wondering, “who is the best car accident lawyer?” You will find your answer at The Law Place.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience and knowledge in managing car accident cases for clients who live all over the State of Florida. Our law firm has had the privilege of helping clients to recover the compensation that they deserve time and time again.
Our team of Florida car accident lawyers will be at your side to offer the support and guidance that you need to make the right decisions following a car accident. We understand the difficulties that you are facing, and we want to make the process easier for you.
Our team of Florida car accident lawyers will manage every aspect of your case, such as investigating your car accident, collecting evidence, speaking to eyewitnesses, discussing your case with insurance companies, calculating compensation, dealing with the relevant paperwork, and filing your personal injury claim right on time. We want your number one priority to be your health while we manage your case.
You can call our office to speak to a car accident lawyer now. A car accident lawyer will discuss the details of your case and answer all of the questions that you might have in mind. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, so feel free to get in touch anytime.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.