A car accident can lead to a series of difficult challenges, such as getting back on your feet following an injury and the car accident settlement process. It is imperative that you have a car accident lawyer on your side to protect your legal rights and help with your car accident claim in the State of Florida.
One of the most common questions that we get asked is, “when should I settle my car accident case?” and the answer is quite complicated. First, you will need to seek legal counsel with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience and knowledge in fighting car accident claims for clients who live throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm understands the car accident settlement process, and we will guide you through the legal system with efficiency.
We know that you want to receive your money as quickly as possible, but you should also avoid accepting a quick settlement because it might be less compensation than you actually deserve. In addition, you only have a certain amount of time to file a personal injury claim in the State of Florida.
You should call our office to speak to a car accident lawyer now. Our phone lines are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.
In This Article
- You Should File a Car Accident Claim Immediately After a Car Accident
- Factors to Consider When Determining How Long It Could Take to Settle a Car Accident Claim
- Why Some Car Accident Claims Take Longer to Settle
- General Timelines for a Car Accident Claim Settlement
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Compensation for Car Accidents
- Contact The Law Place
You Should File a Car Accident Claim Immediately After a Car Accident
It is important that you file a claim as quickly as possible after a car accident in the State of Florida. If you contact a car accident lawyer and start your case immediately, then you do not have to worry about the statute of limitations stopping you from filing a claim.
The sooner that you hire Sarasota car accident attorney, the better chance you will have of developing a stronger personal injury claim. Furthermore, your car accident lawyer will be able to collect all of the necessary evidence before it disappears.
Medical costs, repair bills, and other expenses will start to accumulate quickly after a car accident. A car accident lawyer will be able to calculate all of the losses that you suffered and estimate the amount of compensation that you are owed. The faster that you start the process of filing a personal injury claim, the sooner that you will receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
Factors to Consider When Determining How Long It Could Take to Settle a Car Accident Claim
There are a number of factors to consider when determining the length of time that it might take to settle a car accident claim.
- A lawsuit could be required to resolve the case in the event that the other driver or their insurance company admitted fault.
- The amount of time that it takes to complete the medical treatment for your injuries.
- The insurance company refuses to agree on a car accident settlement that is fair.
- The experience of the personal injury lawyer that you hired.
It is important that you have the right personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Otherwise, you could be delaying your compensation.
Why Some Car Accident Claims Take Longer to Settle
- Legal or factual issues – If liability is hard to prove, or the insurance company does not think that you have a valid car accident claim, then it might take longer to settle. Another issue usually involves the negligence or reckless nature of the driver who caused the accident.
- Amount of money – Insurance companies have a reputation for wanting to pay as little compensation as possible for people who have suffered injuries in car accidents, even if the value of your case is high. In many cases, an insurance company will try to get you to accept less compensation than you are actually owed.
- Recovery times – If your recovery process still has not been completed, then it is challenging to determine the total costs of your injuries.
General Timelines for a Car Accident Claim Settlement
Insurance companies have a certain amount of time to respond to a claim.
If each party agrees to a car accident settlement, then an insurance company has 20 days to pay the claim under Florida Statute 627.4265. Florida Statute 627.736 states that an insurance company has 30 days to pay a Personal Injury Protection claim.
The timeline depends on how long it takes to receive certain pieces of information from the insurance companies.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Car Accident
You must know what to do after a car accident. Otherwise, you could be compromising your legal rights in the State of Florida. Our law firm highly recommends that you:
- Move to safety – If you feel like you are putting yourself at risk, then you should move to a safe place near the car accident.
- Check for injuries – It is important that you check yourself and everyone else for injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police – You are obliged to call the police to the location of the car accident as stated in Florida Statute 316.062. The police officers will file a report of the car accident once they arrive at the scene.
- Collect evidence – If you have not been seriously injured, then you should collect evidence from the location of the car accident, including pictures and videos of the road conditions, property damage, personal injuries, and more.
- Go to the hospital – You must go to the hospital to seek medical attention following a car accident, even if you believe that you did not suffer an injury.
- Insurance company – Your insurance company requires you to tell them about a car accident within the time specified in your policy. However, do not give them details about the car accident and do not accept offers until you consult with a car accident lawyer.
- Hire a car accident lawyer – If you have been involved in a car accident, then you should hire a car accident lawyer as soon as possible in the State of Florida. The Law Place will provide you with strong legal representation and ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Compensation for Car Accidents
Bills and invoices are used to calculate economic damages.
- Medical bills – Past, present, and future medical bills, including surgery, hospital stays, visits to the doctor, physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription medication, medical equipment, and more.
- Loss of income – The income that you lost since you have been unable to work, a reduced earning capacity, and future lost earnings.
- Property damage – The costs to repair or replace your motor vehicle, mobile phone, clothes, and other property that were damaged.
Bills and invoices cannot be used to calculate non-economic damages.
- Pain and suffering – The physical suffering, mental pain, emotional anguish, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), fear, depression, and reduced quality of life.
- Wrongful death – You can claim for the loss of a loved one in a car accident by filing a wrongful death claim to recover funeral bills, medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Contact The Law Place
If you were involved in a car accident in the State of Florida, then you might be wondering, “when should I settle my car accident case?”. A car accident lawyer will provide you with the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to settling car accident cases all over the State of Florida. Our law firm will work hard to develop your strong personal injury claim while you take the time that you need to recover from your injury.
A car accident lawyer from our law firm will answer all of your questions and ensure that your case is settled with the maximum amount of compensation. If you have concerns in regard to your case, then you should pick up your phone to speak to one of our car accident lawyers now. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation today.