- Moving Forward After a Tampa Slip and Fall
- Slip and Falls: The Real Picture
- A Personal Injury in the Workplace
- Who Will Pay for Your Slip and Fall Accident?
- What Can I Claim for in My Tampa Slip and Fall Case?
- Together We Can Bring Negligent Property Owners to Justice in Tampa FL
- Foreseeable Risks
- The Law Place Delivers Results
- Don’t Waste Time, Contact The Law Place Today
Tampa is a well-loved and well-known hotspot in Florida. However, what isn’t so well known is that a high number of slip and falls occur here. If you have had a slip and fall accident that wasn’t your fault, you might be eligible for compensation.
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, at any time, to someone of any age. And often, when someone experiences a slip and fall, it can be a very embarrassing situation. This, more often than not, causes people to walk away from the accident without properly assessing the facts or questioning the incident fully. How did it happen? Were you at fault? Especially as the full extent of a victim’s injuries may not be apparent at the time of the incident. The injuries sustained from a slip and fall accident can range from a slight bruise or cut to a traumatic brain injury or loss of bodily function. These injuries can be completely life-altering.
If you have had a slip and fall accident in Tampa, you could have a case against negligent property owners. The Law Place has a dedicated team of lawyers here to support you through every step of your case. We have specialized Tampa slip and fall lawyers with enough experience to let you focus on the physical recovery of your injuries whilst they focus on recovering the compensation you deserve. Just call us on (813) 544-4444.
Moving Forward After a Tampa Slip and Fall
Taking note of all the necessary details at the time of the incident is very important in slip and fall cases. Once you have received the proper medical attention for your injuries, contact a Lawyer. Your lawyer will begin work straight away to gather as much information as possible. Your slip and fall attorney will look to hold the property owner accountable for your accident, and any injuries sustained, focus on obtaining the following information:
- Most importantly, make sure you receive the medical attention you require and retain your medical bills.
- Ensure you are clear on what happened – Try to figure out how and/or why.
- Ask if anyone saw and get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Photograph your injury as clearly as possible.
- Record and retain any lost wages as a result of your accident.
- Remember, you should NEVER take responsibility for the accident or say it was your fault in any way.
To receive help and from a reputable Tampa slip and fall lawyer, contact The Law Place now.
Slip and Falls: The Real Picture
While you probably aren’t hearing about it in the news or seeing it appear on your social media timelines, the amount of people suffering personal injuries through slip and fall accidents is shocking.
- The second leading cause of all accidental injuries and death in Florida is falls.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists nationwide the leading cause of construction-related injuries are falls.
- According to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH), falls are the top cause of fatal as well as none fatal injuries to those over age 65.
- There are even specific programs in Florida to reduce childhood injuries, with classes addressing fall and concussion prevention.
A slip and fall resulting in personal injury will usually occur suddenly and unexpectedly. It’s usual for those that sustain injuries from such an accident to require help to claim for lost wages and reimbursement for medical bills. Dangerous incidents happen when negligent property owners don’t properly maintain common areas of their building, including walkways or parking lots, and fail to correctly warn visitors or employees of any hazards. From our vast past experience, we know a Tampa slip and fall could occur in a variety of places, on any type of property.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Parking lots or Garages.
- Restaurants or diners.
- Retail stores or Malls.
- Apartment complexes.
- Sporting venue/ arenas.
- Recreational spaces and parks.
- Amusement parks.
- Public transport
- Construction sites.
- Other places of work.
A Personal Injury in the Workplace
Having an accident at work can add to the legal complexity of a case, but with our experience at The Law Place, we could help you to recover further damages for your personal injury. Falls have been stated to be a leading cause of injury at work, even causing a significant number of fatalities in our area each year. Although many individuals that have a slip and fall while working are lucky enough to walk away with only minor injuries, other people sadly suffer debilitating injuries that affect their ability to work again for the rest of their life.
By wisely choosing to be represented by The Law Place, your experienced slip and fall attorney will determine your eligibility for further compensation based on the following circumstances if:
- Your injuries were obtained because of a person or entity.
- Your injuries were sustained because of maintenance issues or a property defect on someone else’s property, and the property owner had not made an attempt to warn you of the potential danger.
- Whilst operating a defective product, you sustained a personal injury.
Who Will Pay for Your Slip and Fall Accident?
A Tampa slip and fall attorney will help assess your case and ascertain if the property owner is liable to pay for their negligence. This liability is based on property owners fail to comply with legal requirements to provide sufficient warning for any safety issues that may be present. Together with your lawyer, a courtroom will also make an assessment of liability based upon your status when you entered the property in question. A courtroom bases your status on someone’s property on the criteria below:
- An invitee – When a property owner invites or otherwise encourages an individual to enter their property, they then owe you the highest duty of care. A property owner must take reasonable care to protect an invitee from all harm. They must keep their property safe and always warn you of any hidden dangers.
- A licensee – As a licensee, you enter a property without a specific personal invitation from the owners. Courts acknowledge, however, that if acting within compliance to the law, a property owner owes a licensee a high standard of care to safeguard against hazardous working conditions.
- A trespasser – If you have no legal right or invitation to be on a person’s property, the owner has no duty to keep the premises safe or warn of hidden dangers. However, an owner may still be liable even if you are deemed to be trespassing, as they cannot intentionally create harmful conditions to endanger trespassers, such as setting traps that might injure someone.
What Can I Claim for in My Tampa Slip and Fall Case?
Although every single Tampa slip and fall case is vastly different, It helps legal aid proceedings to identify the types of damages a victim or the victims family can experience. Each case taken on by a specialized slip and fall lawyer, no matter where they happen, includes settlement fees in the following three damage categories: punitive, economic, and noneconomic.
- Awarded if a property owner’s act warrants punishment.
- It is clear, convincing evidence that shows “intentional misconduct or gross negligence.” has been committed.
- Any treatment received in the emergency room.
- Lost income due to accident.
- Therapy (physical or psychological).
- Physician and surgeon fees.
- Medical transportation costs.
- Medication/Prescription bills.
- Mobility devices
- Replacement services.
- Scar revision procedures.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Permanent impairments or limitations.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of bodily functions.
- Detriment to spousal and family relationships.
- Lifestyle changes.
- Disfigurement of any kind.
- Anxiety and other forms of emotional distress.
Together We Can Bring Negligent Property Owners to Justice in Tampa FL
Contact The Law Place to receive a free case evaluation and legal advice from an experienced Tampa slip and fall attorney with outstanding proven claims history. Our lawyers ask the right questions to build a strong case of liability against property owners and help you get the settlement results you and your family deserve.
Unfortunately, we often see negligent property owners trying to shift the blame on to victims for the injuries sustained, despite a Property owner’s clear misdemeanor and defected or poorly maintained premises. Insurance companies often only further add to the stress suffered by victims through claiming no-liability and siding with the property owner to defend their own financial interests.
As specialized slip and fall attorneys, Tampa, The Law Place empathize with clients and understand the nuances of difficulties someone in your position faces. Our lawyers use all their skills, honed through experience inside the courtroom, as well as through critically assessing evidence to hold the responsible parties liable.
In the past, we have helped people just like you recover millions of dollars in slip and fall public liability cases, not only in Tampa but throughout our beautiful state of Florida. Our lawyers can explain legal proceedings to you in a digestible way. You can clearly understand to make sure you feel confident that you know how your case is moving forwards.
At The Law Place, an experienced Tampa slip and fall attorney will take the time to get to know you as an individual. Our approach means we will get a complete picture of your lifestyle and family as well as your injuries, to understand exactly how you have been affected clearly. While money won’t take your injuries or pain away, a fair settlement helps to lighten the burdens you face after a life-altering event, be that financial or more personal struggles.
To successfully claim compensation from a slip-and-fall accident, the risk must have been reasonably foreseeable. Such as hazards that the property owner knew existed, or should have known existed, on their property.
Examples of slip-and-fall accident hazards are spilled liquids on the floor, live cables, or anything that could easily be tripped over. However, the existence of a hazard is not enough. You slip, and fall lawyer will need to prove that the hazard existed for long enough that the business owner or operator should have known about it and had time to do something about it.
Experienced slip-and-fall lawyer accident attorneys will look to see if the business had regular schedules in place to check the conditions of the property and had procedures in place to deal with them when they did occur.
The Law Place Delivers Results
Our slip and fall lawyers Tampa, have a proven success rate inside the courtroom. This showcases that our approach to investigation and preparation combined with our experience is key to winning an arduous legal battle. The Law place will provide you with a competent lawyer to question and carefully review all available evidence and issues.
Demonstrating our commitment to winning fair settlements for our clients. A fair settlement means justice served. Every one of our lawyers is dedicated to delivering the highest possible outcome through professional mediation between clients, insurance companies, and when required in front of a judge and jury.
Don’t Waste Time, Contact The Law Place Today
To move your legal proceedings forward and get the premises to take liability for your slip and fall injury, you don’t just want any lawyer. You require a slip and fall attorney based in Tampa, FL. The Law Place is offering free case evaluations. In your private consultation, an experienced lawyer will review details of the accident and use their expertise in order to determine if we can help you win your slip and fall premises liability case.
Call The Law Place on (813) 544-4444 for help without delay.