The human body is a complicated and intricate piece of organic machinery, each limb containing a combination of bones, cartilage, and ligaments. The legs are responsible for the support of the entire body and are the key to mobility. Over time, with wear and tear or accidental damage, the leg and knee can cause serious complications.
Any trauma to the knee can result in individuals suffering from life-changing injuries that could impact their lives, families, and careers. In Florida, there are over 1 million incidents where individuals were admitted to hospital for knee injuries, which counts for over 12% of hospital admissions. There are many different types of knee injuries that can result in hospitalization, and these can happen in a multitude of different environments such as a slip and fall at work, or even as a result of an auto accident. The knee can be complicated to repair once injured, can lead to a lifetime of discomfort, and takes a long time to heal. This can be due to a torn ligament for which surgery is required. In the event of any knee injury, big or small, it may be worth considering the aid of a personal injury attorney.
The Law Place has 75 years of combined experience. We place the highest value on our attorney-client relationship and are here to support you through the entire process. Call our personal injury lawyers in Fort Myers today for a free consultation to discuss the eligibility of your case and seek legal advice.
Contact us (941) 444-4444; our lines are open 24/7, and our dedicated team will be waiting for your call.
Slip and Fall Cases
A slip and fall can happen anywhere, at home, work, or someone else’s property. If this occurs and an injury is sustained (most commonly a knee injury) as a result of a property’s dangerous condition, then we can help with a personal injury case. Law cases can be filed for different reasons, as long as the fall was caused by negligence on the property, then there is a chance of a successful claim. Negligence can be described in this case as an injury sustained as a fault of someone else. For example, if there is a lack of maintenance or cleanliness on the property that causes injury, then the liability lies with the proprietors of the building. If this has happened to you or a loved one, then do not hesitate to get in touch.
For a free legal consultation with a knee injury lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Car Accident Cases
If a knee injury is sustained as a result of an auto accident, then you may need to recover damages such as medical bills or lost income due to being unable to work. The state of Florida adheres to no-fault law, so it is advisable to seek damages from your own vehicle insurance company should you become a victim of a road traffic accident.
Fort Myers Knee Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Symptoms of a Knee Injury
Knee injuries can be traumatic, with any damage to this area possibly causing various complications in later life. The knee is made up of bones, cartilage, and ligaments, and due to its complexity, a lot can go wrong. There are various symptoms of a knee injury which includes, but is not limited to:
- Swelling and discomfort surrounding the knee
- Physical and visual deformities in the knee
- Limited motion after surgery
- Inability to straighten your leg
- The buckling of the knee
- Torn ligaments
If you have suffered from any of the above or any knee injury not listed due to negligence, then please get in touch with The Law Place today. Our attorneys will offer a free consultation and discuss your case with you, offering advice, support, and, ultimately, we will seek justice on your behalf.
Why Can Knee Injuries Be So Damaging?
The movement of the knee is a complex mechanism that requires a lot of surgery if an injury is too severe. In extreme cases, the knee would need replacing completely, which is not only be costly but can cause lasting discomfort and mobility issues. In some cases, it takes only 3 to 6 weeks to regain full movement and return to normality. However, this is subjective to the type of injury sustained, and it may take longer before a full recovery is made. This could affect driving and could have a major impact on your working life. There are many factors to consider when it comes to knee injuries, the level of injury is subjective, and its severity plus the overall health of the victim determines the speed of recovery. This injury can cause difficulties in your daily life and could affect your whole lifestyle.
Another inconvenience with knee injuries is that the process of repair and recovery can be very expensive in Florida, with rates ranging from $49,500 for a total knee replacement and only decreasing slightly for a partial knee replacement. This added to the additional costs of physical therapy could see a large and expensive medical bill. This recovery period could also see the individual off work for a substantial amount of time and leave them struggling financially. If the knee surgery is a major operation, then the patient’s home could potentially require modifications to assist in mobility. This is also an added expense.
If a knee injury occurs, it could affect your day to day activities and change your entire lifestyle. If this injury was no fault of your own and you have been a victim, seek legal aid, a consultation, and justice. Holding those responsible accountable and securing compensation to help with medical expenses is our priority. Call us today for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages Available Following a Knee Injury.
If you have an injury as a result of negligence or through no fault of your own, then you may be eligible for compensation. The Law Place has experienced attorneys who value our attorney-client relationship and will work hard to support you through this process. We will always aim to achieve the maximum amount of the compensation available to you. There are many forms in which compensation can be received. Please see the following:
- Medical costs – If you are the victim of a slip or fall which caused you to sustain a knee injury, then it is likely that you will need medical care. As a result of this, you may be able to claim compensation to cover any damages, i.e., medical expenses, loss of earnings, physical therapy, etc. This also applies to any loved ones that may have sustained a knee injury. This can also cover any medical cost for potential future surgery.
- Pain and suffering – A knee injury can cause more than physical distress; it can also result in emotional/mental pain and suffering due to the loss of mobility and the inability to enjoy activities that were previously. Compensation can be claimed for this emotional distress, it can be difficult to prove this type of suffering exists, so it is highly recommended that you seek out a lawyer to aid you in your case.
- Loss of enjoyment – As above, this type of distress can be difficult to claim for due to proof and evidence, it is possible to claim damages for this as a knee injury restricts you from doing the activities you love, e.g., being able to run if running was a hobby and a part of your daily lifestyle.
- Loss of wages – One result of a knee injury is not being able to work, resulting in loss of earnings and making it difficult to make ends meet. Injuries after a slip and fall or a car crash can leave you unable to work for up to 8 weeks or longer, depending on the severity of the injury. It may be possible to claim any lost earnings back via compensation and a projected loss of earnings if you are deemed unfit to return to work.
The Law Place is an experienced law firm based in Fort Myers. We are more than capable of helping with your claim. Call today for a free consultation and receive the justice you deserve. The impact of a knee injury can be life-changing to yourself and your loved ones. Contact us today and speak to a specialized lawyer based in Fort Myers.
Contact The Law Place in Fort Myers, FL Today!
The Law Place collectively has 75 years of experience dealing with personal injury claims. It is important to receive the best legal representation possible and personal injury lawyers who can empathize with your case. Do not hesitate to contact our local office and speak to one of our dedicated attorneys who can provide information, support, and advice. They will help you to make an informed decision.
Call us today if you or a loved one has been involved in a slip and fall or an auto accident for a free consultation with our team of attorneys on (941) 444-4444; phone lines are open 24/7.