Victims of soft tissue injuries can be left feeling the consequences for years to come. They may experience constant pain and emotional distress or unfair financial burdens. Our team of personal injury lawyers understands this, and so we know that you deserve compensation.
If you have been involved in an incident because of someone else’s negligence, and have been left suffering from soft tissue injuries as a result, then you could be entitled to thousands in compensation. The injury lawyers at The Law Place have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury cases and have recovered millions in settlements, so you know that we are more than prepared to help you.
To receive valuable advice from an experienced and skilled soft tissue injury lawyer, contact The Law Place today. We offer a completely free, no-obligation consultation to anyone who believes they may have a valid claim, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.
To get the justice you deserve, call The Law Place now. Phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- What Is a Soft Tissue Injury?
- Types of Soft Tissue Injuries
- Common Causes of Soft Tissue Injuries
- Pursuing Legal Action Through a Negligence Claim
- What Damages Can I Seek Compensation for in Fort Myers, FL?
- How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?
- How a Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help You
- How Will I Afford to Hire a Florida Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
What Is a Soft Tissue Injury?
The University of Rochester Medical Centre defines a soft tissue injury as any injury that results in damage to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Sprained ankles are one of the most common soft tissue injuries. They leave people unable to properly use the affected ankle as a result of swelling and pain.
All soft tissue injuries are easy to sustain, as they are often caused by blows, sprains, or strains, which can occur while completing simple everyday activities.
For a free legal consultation with a soft tissue injury lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Types of Soft Tissue Injuries
All soft tissue injuries can be serious and could leave victims suffering from long-term consequences. Some of the most common soft tissue injuries include the following:
- Bruises – These are often caused by blunt force and can result in pain, swelling, and discoloration. Serious bruises may need to be checked over by a doctor.
- Strains – A strain is where a muscle or tendon is injured. In severe cases where the muscle or tendon is torn, surgery may be needed. These are usually caused by overuse, stretching, or force.
- Sprains – This is where a ligament is partially torn and is often caused by a wrench or twist. Surgery can be required if the ligament is completely torn.
- Tendonitis – This is where the tendon is inflamed, often because of overuse of the affected area in a repetitive motion.
- Bursitis – This is where a bursa (a fluid-filled sac that is found between bones and muscles or tendons) is swollen or irritated. This is often caused by overuse or a direct injury to the joint. While these injuries rarely require surgery, victims may need to take antibiotics.
- Stress injuries – These are small breaks, fractures, and cracks in the bone, often caused by overuse and an increase in physical activity. In some cases, the crack could progress into a complete break, which could need surgery.
This list is not exhaustive, and it’s possible that you could be owed compensation after sustaining a soft tissue injury that’s not included above. All soft tissue injuries can result in pain, swelling, and decreased mobility. It can often take a long time to recover from a soft tissue injury, particularly if the affected area is regularly used and relied on by the victim.
Regardless of how minor or severe your soft tissue injury is, you may be entitled to compensation. To speak to an experienced soft tissue injury lawyer about your specific case, contact The Law Place today and schedule your completely free consultation.
Fort Myers Soft Tissue Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Soft Tissue Injuries
Many regular and simple activities that we all partake in day-to-day can result in people suffering from soft tissue injuries. However, some of the most common causes of soft tissue injuries are listed below:
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- Acts of violence.
- Slips, trips, and falls.
- Being struck by an object, such as a falling tool.
- Being caught in or compressed by objects and equipment.
- Being slammed against an object, such as a door.
- Repeated stress or strain on a part of the body, which causes repetitive motion injuries.
- Overexertion caused by holding, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling, or throwing objects.
- Climbing, bending, reaching, standing, sitting, or preventing yourself from falling, which can cause your body to twist, stress, or strain.
As long as the incident that caused your soft tissue injury was not your fault, then you could be entitled to compensation. To find out more, speak to a Florida personal injury attorney from The Law Place today.
Pursuing Legal Action Through a Negligence Claim
Negligence is the basis for any personal injury lawsuit. In order to be entitled to compensation, your soft tissue injury lawyer must be able to prove that you were owed a duty of care by the defendant to act as a reasonable person would have done under similar circumstances. They must also be able to prove that this duty was breached by the defendant, which resulted in the victim sustaining their injuries.
For example, all drivers are expected to drive sensibly and carefully on Florida roads. If they break this duty of care, such as by speeding or driving under the influence, and cause an accident that leaves a victim suffering from injuries, then they have acted negligently and can be held liable in a personal injury case.
However, not everyone will be entitled to compensation, even if they were injured in an incident that wasn’t their fault. For more information that’s specific to your case, you should contact The Law Place today for a free case review. Our Fort Myers attorneys will be able to offer you valuable legal advice and explain to you the best options that are available to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can I Seek Compensation for in Fort Myers, FL?
If you’ve been unfortunate to sustain a serious soft tissue injury that wasn’t your fault, then you could be facing multiple damages that you could be entitled to compensation for.
Once you hire an attorney from The Law Place, our team will immediately begin investigating your case so that we can determine who the negligent party is and estimate the amount of damages and compensation that you could be owed. Your personal injury lawyer can then begin gathering evidence that will be able to strengthen your case and ensure you get the justice that you deserve.
The damages that The Law Place has frequently recovered compensation for in personal injury cases are listed below:
- Medical bills – If you required medical attention for the soft tissue injuries that you sustained, then you may be entitled to compensation to cover these expenses. This can include past, present, and projected medical treatments as well as any related costs, such as hospital visits and overnight stays, physical therapy, surgical procedures, prescribed medication, and more.
- Loss of wages – If you had to take time off work because of the incident and your injuries, then you could be owed compensation to cover the wages you lost.
- Loss of potential earnings – If your injuries are impacting your ability to earn money and keep a job, for example, you can’t continue working your manual labor job or can’t work as many hours as you used to, then you may be entitled to compensation.
- Property damage – If it was a car accident that caused your soft tissue injury and your vehicle was damaged in the crash, then you deserve compensation to cover the necessary repairs.
- Canceled plans – If you had to cancel any events or vacations that you’d planned prior to the incident, and your injury means you can’t attend, then you should be reimbursed.
- Pain and suffering – You may be experiencing ongoing physical pain and emotional distress as well as trauma after an incident resulting in soft tissue injuries. Your quality of life may also have decreased. If this is the case for you, then you deserve compensation. As this can be difficult to prove in court, it’s crucial that you have a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney on your side.
We know that while compensation won’t be able to heal the injuries you’ve sustained, the money will be able to help you deal with any financial burdens that the incident has left you with and can serve as proof that some justice has been served, which can help you move on from your injury.
So if you’ve sustained a soft tissue injury in Fort Myers from an incident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place today for a free case evaluation.
How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?
Florida has a statute of limitations, which can be found under Florida Statute 95.11. Victims of incidents and accidents that were not their fault have to file their personal injury claim within four years of the incident occurring. Past these four years, regardless of how severe the accident was, you most likely won’t be able to file a lawsuit.
It’s crucial that you also seek medical treatment once you’ve sustained any injuries, else your claim may not be successful.
Once you’ve been looked over by a doctor and received the necessary medical help, you should get in touch with The Law Place. Our personal injury lawyers will immediately start gathering eyewitness testimonies as well as sorting through medical documents and other relevant reports, which will help build a strong case.
The sooner you contact us, the more time our team will have to work on your case, giving you a better chance at securing the compensation you deserve, so don’t hesitate to contact us today and schedule a free consultation!
How a Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help You
Working with a personal injury attorney will raise your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. However, it’s crucial that you hire a lawyer who has plenty of experience, as they’ll have the knowledge and skill required to negotiate with the defendant and, if necessary, represent you in court.
The team at The Law Place has over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients just like you, so you can trust that they’ll be able to recover every cent of compensation that you’re entitled to.
They’ll take on the bulk of the work so that you can relax and focus entirely on healing. Some of the ways that our Fort Myers attorneys can help you include the following:
- Answer any questions you have.
- Provide you with reliable legal advice.
- Investigate your case thoroughly.
- Gather the relevant evidence.
- Determine who was at fault for your incident.
- Calculate the value of your case and how much compensation you could be entitled to.
- Negotiate a fair and favorable settlement with the defense team.
- Represent you in court.
Our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys promise to fight tirelessly on your behalf and to ensure that you get the best chance at achieving the justice that you deserve. So schedule a free consultation with us today!
How Will I Afford to Hire a Florida Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people believe that worthwhile legal representation is incredibly expensive, but this isn’t the case when it comes to The Law Place.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis only. This essentially means that you won’t have to pay our lawyers anything unless your claim is successful and you receive compensation. In the case we are successful, we’ll merely subtract our legal fees from your settlement, meaning that you won’t have to pay us from your own pocket.
We pride ourselves on our honesty and transparency, and so you can trust that we will be totally open with you about our legal fees from the get-go. Furthermore, as we work alongside the State Bar Association, you can rest assured that we won’t surprise you with any hidden fees.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you have suffered a soft tissue injury because of a car accident, workplace accident, or another incident that wasn’t your fault, then you could be entitled to compensation and should contact a Florida soft tissue injury lawyer as soon as possible.
The Law Place will be able to offer you a free consultation, where we will discuss your case with you and share our professional opinion about whether you deserve compensation. If you do, we will waste no time in investigating your case and building a strong and solid claim.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so don’t hesitate to contact us today and arrange your free consultation.
Call The Law Place today.