If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the last thing you want to deal with is insurance companies, especially when you are trying to focus on your recovery. Fortunately, a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer can take on your case. Not only will this take some of the stress away from you, but you will also give yourself the best shot at a fair settlement.
For more information about what a lawyer can do for you following a motorcycle accident, call The Law Place for a free consultation. Between them, our personal injury lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience and can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Our telephone number is (941) 444-4444, and our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Should I Speak With the at-Fault Party’s Insurance Company?
You should always speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer before speaking to the at-fault party’s insurance company. Don’t provide them with a verbal or written statement or sign any paperwork.
Insurance companies want to pay you as little as possible. Their experienced agents could even turn up at the motorcycle accident scene or contact you shortly after the accident and convince you to accept an unfair settlement. They do this to take advantage of the fact that you will still be in a state of shock after the accident. They will try and convince you that they have your best interests in mind, but this is not the case, and unfortunately, it is usually impossible to renegotiate for more money later on.
What Are Some Common Insurance Company Tactics That I Should Look Out for?
It is common practice for insurance companies to offer a much lower settlement than what that victim is actually owed under Florida law. They are highly skilled in the art of securing a settlement that is in their best interest, and the tactics that they use can be hard for most people to spot. Some examples of the ways insurance companies will try to avoid paying a fair settlement to motorcycle accident victims include:
- Delay tactics, such as failing to provide speedy determinations for calculations of certain types of personal injury claims.
- Recording conversations with the motorcycle accident victim and using their words against them later on.
- Obtaining a copy of the victim’s medical records, including a full medical history, in order to find a previous medical condition and dismiss a compensation claim.
- Avoiding requests for accurate information of insurance coverage.
- The use of abrasive or adversarial tactics to intimidate the victim and push them into accepting lower settlement offers.
- Not moving the process forward so that the statute of limitations deadline is not met and cannot be taken to trial. In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is four years, as per Florida Statue 95.11.
A motorcycle accident lawyer knows what behavior to expect from insurance companies, and they can use their skills to ensure that your case is handled fairly and swiftly.
What Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help in many ways when it comes to dealing with insurance companies, for example:
- They can ensure that the insurance company offers you a settlement that is reflective of the full extent of your losses, including medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering.
- They can conduct their own independent investigation into your motorcycle accident case and determine the full value of the case.
- They can file a claim with a court of law on your behalf and file a lawsuit in the case that the insurance company does not offer you a fair settlement offer in a timely manner.
- They can fill out all of the paperwork, make all of the phone calls, and anything else that is required so you can focus on what is really important – your recovery.
How Can I Help My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If anyone has been seriously injured in your motorcycle accident, you should call 911 immediately. The number one priority is always the safety of you and those around you. Your second priority should always be to consider what you can do to support a claim later on, as there is always a chance that certain information will be very useful. For example:
- Seek medical attention, even if you think your injuries are minor.
- Take photos of your injuries, any property damage, and the accident scene.
- Take the details of any other drivers involved and any witnesses.
- Ask for the details of any attending officers and ask for a copy of the police report.
- Contact a qualified attorney.
Obtaining this information is a great way to protect your rights and strengthen your personal injury claim. However, no matter how much evidence you think you have, insurance companies will still try their hardest to reduce your claim, and without the support of a personal injury lawyer, you could be left struggling to cover your expenses.
When Should I Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
After a motorcycle accident, you should hire a lawyer as soon as possible. By doing so, you will protect your legal rights and give yourself the best shot at securing fair financial compensation for your injuries. The sooner your personal injury attorney can get started on building your case, the sooner your claim can be submitted to the insurance company of the at-fault driver.
Some accident victims do not experience symptoms at the accident scene, but this does not mean that they have not sustained serious injuries that could leave them in need of long-term medical treatment and unable to work. This is why it is so important to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer, even if you assume your case will be straight-forward.
Let a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Handle Your Case
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is likely that your injuries have led to hospitalizations, surgeries, rehabilitative therapy, pain, and suffering.
Your thinking may have even been affected due to a concussion, traumatic brain injury, or a result of the medications you are taking to manage your pain. According to the Mayo Clinic, head injuries can lead to temporary and even permanent disability. Therefore, you may be somewhat incapable of handling the stress that comes with dealing with insurance companies. Spending time doing so could even disrupt the healing process. It is much better for your recovery that you let a qualified lawyer deal with the insurance companies for you.
Call The Law Place Today for a Free Consultation
The dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Place can deal with the insurance companies for you following an accident and help protect you from sneaky insurance company tactics. We have years of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims and are ready to do the same for you. The sooner you seek support from an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, the better the outcome of your case can be.
Call us now at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.