The Law School Scholarship is awarded annually by The Law Place. The $2,500 award is given to one winner who is attending or is scheduled to attend a law school in the United States. Applications must write an original essay on their legal hero as well as abide by the terms and conditions set forth on this page.
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Enrolled at an accredited law school
- At least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Have legal residency in the United States
- Be in good academic standing (GPA of at least 3.0)
- Submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment
- Author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of The Law Place
- Past recipients of the Law School Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to provide additional information for the purposes of marketing if they are selected for the scholarship
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection and Notification of Winners
All applications must be received before the deadline supplied on the application page. Incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
A scholarship selection committee formed by The Law Place and its representatives will evaluate applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, and membership in other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
The Law Place notifies only the winner of the scholarship via email. For legal and practical reasons, we cannot answer any questions regarding the status of the scholarship, nor can we individually notify non-winners.
An announcement will be made on The Law Place’s blog as well as through a press release and additional marketing tools. This announcement will serve as notification of the scholarship committee’s selection.
The $2,500 award will be mailed directly to the student’s college or university. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties in any way. Collected data is used for the purpose of fact-checking and for the ability to contact potential winners.
We reserve the right to use the winner’s name and photo in any announcement or communication related to the Law School Scholarship. This includes announcements and blog posts on The Law Place’s website, in marketing materials, in social media posts, etc.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.