It is important for you to understand your legal rights after a motorcycle accident in the State of Florida so that you can make informed decisions regarding filing a personal injury claim.
Motorcyclists are highly vulnerable on the road, and they tend to suffer the worst types of injuries in a crash. A motorcycle offers very little protection compared to a car, and it doesn’t have airbags or any other safety measure to absorb the shock of a crash. For this reason, a motorcycle accident can result in life-threatening injuries, such as road rash, broken bones, neck and spine injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and paralysis.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries or other damages from a motorcycle accident in the State of Florida, then you will need to seek legal representation from a reputable law firm to fight for the compensation that you are owed. A successful personal injury claim will cover your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of experience in protecting the legal rights of motorcyclists and winning rightful compensation for injured riders. We have the necessary knowledge and resources to handle your personal injury claim and guide you through the legal system in the State of Florida.
Our law firm has managed hundreds of motorcycle accident cases like yours with great success, and we are willing to offer you a free case review today. The phone lines to our office are open 24/7.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight your motorcycle accident case together in the State of Florida.
In This Article
- How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights in Florida
- Additional Services Provided by a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Florida
- How Your Rights Could Be Violated in Florida
- What to Do at the Scene of the Accident in Florida
- A Lawsuit Could Provide You With Compensation
- Contact The Law Place Today
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights in Florida
You must immediately pick up the phone and speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer after a crash in order to protect your rights in the State of Florida. We understand the pressure that you are under, and we want to make your recovery process as easy as possible.
Here are some of the steps you may take to protect your rights after a motorcycle accident:
- Go to the hospital to receive medical attention and get a medical report.
- Collect the contact and insurance information from other drivers or pedestrians involved in the motorcycle accident.
- Collect the contact and insurance information from any eyewitnesses to the motorcycle accident, as their statements could support your personal injury claim.
- Get a copy of the accident report from law enforcement.
- Contact a professional motorcycle accident lawyer for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
Additional Services Provided by a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Florida
A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to find out what type of compensation you might be eligible for. Discuss your legal options with The Law Place today by setting up a free case review.
In addition, a motorcycle accident lawyer will handle the process of building a personal injury claim. You can usually win compensation through insurance, filing a lawsuit, or pursuing both.
A motorcycle accident lawyer will attempt to settle your case with an insurance company first. However, the compensation might not be sufficient enough to cover all of your costs, possibly because:
- Your insurance policy or the insurance of the at-fault driver does not cover all of your losses.
- The driver who was at fault for the accident does not have auto insurance, and you do not have sufficient uninsured driver coverage.
- The insurance company disputes your statement of the accident, the amount of losses that you suffered, or they refuse to offer fair compensation.
- The insurance company used tactics of bad faith during your personal injury claim.
- A loved one was killed in the motorcycle crash.
If the insurance company is not willing to agree on a fair settlement to cover your costs, then your motorcycle accident lawyer can file a wrongful death lawsuit or a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf in the State of Florida.
How Your Rights Could Be Violated in Florida
A motorcycle accident lawyer from The Law Place will keep your best interests at heart in the process of filing an insurance claim. We will provide the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time, and we will make the process as easy as possible for you.
In addition, a motorcycle accident lawyer will protect you from any possible violation of your rights in the State of Florida, such as:
- The other driver involved in the crash might try to get you to admit fault.
- An insurance company might try to get you to admit either partial or complete fault.
- An insurance company might offer you a quick settlement to make you agree on an amount that is less than you deserve.
- A law enforcement officer might question your recollection of the events from the accident.
You should not accept fault in an accident that you do not deserve. However, Florida Statute 768.81 claims that you might be eligible to receive compensation even if you are partially at fault for the crash. A motorcycle accident lawyer will handle all forms of communication with the insurance companies involved so that there are no accidental statements that might be used against you.
What to Do at the Scene of the Accident in Florida
It is important that you know what to do in the face of a motorcycle accident, so remember these steps:
- Stop – Do your best to stay calm, and do not leave the location of the crash. If you are in a safe position to do so, then move away from the flow of traffic.
- Check for injuries – Motorcycle accidents can cause a lot of damage to the rider in particular, as they are highly vulnerable on the road due to the lack of protection. If you or another driver were injured, call an ambulance immediately.
- Call the police – Florida Statute 316.062 states that you must call the police to the location of the crash. In addition, a police report will support your claim for compensation.
- Exchange information – It is important that you exchange the necessary information with the other driver involved in the crash. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and vehicle registration numbers.
- Eyewitnesses – It is also important that you gather the contact information of any eyewitnesses to the crash, as they could offer a statement to support your claim for compensation.
- Call your insurance company – You usually have up to 24 hours to call your insurance company, but the specific amount of time you have will be written in your policy agreement. You must not share any information about your motorcycle accident, as they will manipulate your words and use your statements against you to justify offering you a low settlement. A motorcycle accident lawyer from The Law Place will gladly talk to your insurance company if you are not feeling up to it.
- Gather evidence – It could greatly support your personal injury claim if you gather evidence and take pictures of the road conditions, damaged vehicles, location of the accident, any injuries, and anything else that could be used as evidence.
- Seek medical treatment – Get a check-up at a hospital as soon as you can after a motorcycle accident, even if you think that you did not get hurt. All too often, people involved in crashes do not notice the signs of symptoms until much later. That is why you must seek medical attention and put a stop to any life-threatening injuries that might show up unnoticed.
- Keep a journal – It is worth writing about your injuries, the process of your recovery, any pain and suffering, and adjustments to your daily life in a journal, as this could support your personal injury claim. Remember to hold onto medical bills, invoices, receipts, and paperwork related to your injuries and losses.
- Contact a motorcycle crash lawyer – Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer for your case is the best move you can make after suffering injuries in a crash. They will provide the guidance that you need and negotiate with the insurance companies to win the highest settlement for your motorcycle case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Lawsuit Could Provide You With Compensation
Sometimes an insurance company cannot cover all of your losses after a motorcycle accident, which is why you might be able to receive further compensation through filing a lawsuit to recover damages such as:
- Medical bills.
- Loss of income.
- Changes to income.
- Pain and suffering.
- Property damage.
- Wrongful death.
- Loss of consortium.
Florida Statute 768.21 explains the law on wrongful death. If a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, then you could file a wrongful death lawsuit and recover damages for funeral expenses, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, and more.
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will protect your rights and fight to win compensation for all of the losses that you may have endured as a result of your crash. They will handle:
- Conducting an investigation into your accident.
- Gathering relevant evidence.
- Collecting statements from any eyewitnesses to the crash.
- Figuring out all of the parties that are responsible for your damages.
- Determining all of your losses.
- Dealing with all of the necessary paperwork.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies involved.
- Filing your lawsuit.
- Completing a trial.
You might not have to go to trial if a personal injury lawyer can win a pre-trial settlement on your behalf.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, then you could be eligible for compensation in the State of Florida. You must seek qualified representation to protect your rights and fight for what you are owed.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of combined experience in battling motorcycle accident cases across the State of Florida with great success. Our law firm has the necessary skills and resources to handle your case and win the compensation that you deserve.
A personal injury lawyer will help you to understand your legal rights and explain the process of filing a claim. Our law firm will make sure that you receive the right amount of compensation to cover all of your injuries, damages, and losses incurred as a result of your accident.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight your motorcycle accident case together in the State of Florida. Phone lines are open 24/7.