If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Florida, you may be considering filing a motorcycle accident claim. A motorcycle accident claim can help victims of motorcycle accidents receive damages for their medical expenses, lost wages, and much more. All motorcycle accident claims are different, and if you are wondering, “how long does a motorcycle accident claim take to be settled?” the answer is that it varies. The best thing that you can do is seek the guidance and help of a personal injury lawyer if you wish to settle a motorcycle accident claim with an insurance company.
At The Law Place, we have a professional legal team with a wealth of experience helping motorcycle accident victims file injury claims in motorcycle accident cases. Our law firm understands how anxious you may be about how long it takes to settle a motorcycle accident claim as you may have mounting medical bills and be in a great deal of pain.
If you are wondering how long a motorcycle accident claim takes to settle, you can rest assured that a motorcycle accident lawyer will help you get a fair settlement as quickly and efficiently as they can. Reaching a settlement with insurance companies may take a long time. However, it is worth it to receive damages for an accident that wasn’t your fault. The time it takes to settle a motorcycle accident claim is not important; seeking justice in the form of a personal injury claim is. Call us today for a free case review. Our Florida offices are open 24 hours, 7 days a week, to listen to your case. Call our office now at (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident?
- Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims in Florida
- Why Is My Accident Settlement Taking So Long?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident?
All motorcycle accident claims are different, and therefore there is no such thing as an “average payout” for a motorcycle accident. Typical victims of motorcycle or car accidents can negotiate a deal with the at-fault driver or insurance company to get damages to cover medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident through no fault of your own, our law firm strongly recommends that you agree to a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer. An accident attorney will examine all of the details of your crash and injury case to estimate what damages you may be eligible to receive in a settlement. We will fight for your right to compensation no matter how long it takes. We won’t give up unless we win a fair settlement.
It is difficult to estimate how long your motorcycle accident claim will take to settle, especially if an attorney has to file a lawsuit against an insurance company and take your case to trial. However, motorcycle accident claim cases rarely go to court. With the help of a skilled accident lawyer, an injury case will usually reach a fairly swift settlement outside of the courtroom. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free case evaluation if you think you may have a case for an injury claim that is eligible for damages.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
Following a motorcycle accident, victims can usually claim economic damages and non-economic damages. Some of the damages that are frequently awarded by insurance companies following a motorcycle accident claim are:
These are damages calculated by examining bills and invoices:
- Medical expenses – These damages cover the costs for surgery, hospital stays, prescription medication, and medical equipment. These can cover past, present, and future expenses.
- Property damage – This covers the cost to repair the damage suffered by your vehicle and other personal property. This can include your cellphone, clothes, and much more.
- Loss of income – Victims can be compensated for the wages they have lost as the result of being unable to work due to their injuries.
These are damages that cannot be calculated by using bills and invoices:
- Pain and suffering – Victims can be compensated for emotional distress, reduction in quality of life, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following a motorcycle accident.
- Wrongful death – The family of a motorcycle crash victim who has lost their life is eligible to receive compensation to cover funeral costs and lost household income.
- Loss of consortium and companionship – Family members and spouses may be eligible to receive compensation for a loss of companionship if their loved one is tragically killed by a car or motorcycle driver in an accident.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims in Florida
In Florida, if you wish to receive the benefits of personal injury protection (PIP), you must seek medical attention for your injuries within 14 days of suffering your motor accident. Florida Statute 627.736 outlines that an insurance company has to accept or deny your claim within 30 days of you submitting it.
When insurers deny cases, they have to give a valid explanation why. If their rejection was based on an error made by the victim in their submission, a victim would have 15 days to submit a revised version of their claim. At The Law Place, we strongly recommend that you seek the help of an accident lawyer to help assist you in making this claim for your case. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free case evaluation if you have questions for a lawyer to answer. A lawyer will be able to give you all the legal advice you may be looking for, as well as helping you navigate Florida’s complex laws.
Why Is My Accident Settlement Taking So Long?
There are three main reasons why some accident cases can take a lot longer to settle than other accident claims. These are because:
- Legal or factual problems exist.
- There is a lot of money on the line.
- Your injuries have not yet reached maximum medical progress, meaning more (unknown) bills could be added to your claim.
We understand how frustrating it can be if your case is taking so long to settle. You may be able to settle your claim much quicker if you accept the lower settlement offered to you by your insurance company. However, we promise that no matter how long it takes to settle your case that we will fight our very hardest to ensure you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place Today!
Contact a lawyer today at The Law Place if you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident and think that you may have a case eligible for compensation. You must act quickly. Florida Statute 95.11 outlines Florida’s statute of limitations that indicate that victims who have suffered injuries in an accident only have four years to file a claim for compensation.
We understand just how traumatic motor accidents can be, and that is why we promise to stand by your side every step of the way. We can handle all of the negotiations and paperwork, so you don’t have to.
Our practice areas encompass the whole of Florida, so if you have suffered an accident in Florida, we can help you. Don’t waste any more time. Call us now for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open 24/7.