Motorcycle accidents can be very traumatic, and a motorcycle crash of any kind can leave victims suffering life-changing injuries. At The Law Place, our highly experienced team of motorcycle accident attorneys has years of experience helping clients file motorcycle accident claims. We have worked on many motorcycle accident cases and can assure you that by hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm, you will receive the very best legal advice and guidance. We will win the justice that you deserve. From our experience of handling motorcycle accident claims, we know that most motorcycle accidents take place because of other drivers or parties acting negligently.
If you or a loved one has been injured or involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact our law firm today. If you contact one of our personal injury lawyers, you will be able to schedule a free consultation. One of our motorcycle accident lawyers will be able to examine your motorcycle accident case to determine what your best course of legal action may be. If you want to find the best motorcycle accident lawyer for you, look no further. Our Florida offices are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to listen to your call. Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer today at (941) 444-4444.
Should I Get a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
If you or a loved one has been the innocent victim of a motorcycle crash, we would strongly recommend that you seek the help of a motorcycle accident attorney. Suffering any kind of accident can be very traumatic. However, a motorcycle accident injury tends to be more severe than other accident injuries. If you have suffered injuries in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t have to suffer alone. The likelihood is that you will be facing mounting medical bills, as well as losing wages. It is not fair that the negligent actions of another individual should leave you suffering the consequences. By hiring a motorcycle accident attorney, you will be giving yourself the best chance of achieving justice.
We understand that no amount of money could ever take away your trauma, but a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place will be able to help ease your stresses and anxieties. A personal injury lawyer can be your legal representation and negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf. Our personal injury lawyers will do all of the work. All of our cases matter to us, so look no further if you wish to find the best motorcycle accident lawyer for you.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident?
Every motorcycle accident is different, and therefore, there is no such thing as an “average” payout for accident victims. If you think you may have a case and are curious about just how much you could expect to receive for your case, don’t hesitate to contact one of our motorcycle accident attorneys today. We have experience handling many injury claims. If you schedule a free case evaluation with us, a personal injury attorney will be able to give you a rough estimate of what you could expect to receive for your legal claim.
Once you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm, they will be able to examine your case in more detail to reach the figure that they believe you are entitled to in compensation.
What Compensation Could I Get After a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle or motor vehicle accident in Florida, you may be able to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills – This will include bills for any medical treatment that you have received, past, present, or future. For example, you can be compensated for the medical expenses of surgery, emergency services, therapy, and much more.
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity – If your motorcycle injury has resulted in you being unable to work or has impacted your ability to work, you can get paid compensation for this. Your injuries should not result in you losing income, especially if the motorcycle or motor vehicle accident was through no fault of your own.
- Property damage – It is highly likely that your motorcycle accident will have resulted in property damage. A motorcycle accident lawyer at our law firm will work to ensure that insurance companies compensate you for any property damage that you experience.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
How Do I Choose an Attorney for an Accident?
If you are looking to hire an attorney and have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are certain characteristics that you should look for. You need an attorney working on your case that is knowledgeable, highly experienced, has a great track record of communication skills, and has the determination to fight for the justice that you deserve. It is important that an attorney should always be available to listen to any queries or questions that you might have.
You must examine appropriate law firms for the attorney best suited to your case. At The Law Place, we pride ourselves on having a team of highly experienced attorneys that are capable of assisting you and handling your accident claim. Rest assured, by hiring an attorney at our law firm, you will be giving yourself your best chance of winning the compensation that you deserve. Get a free case evaluation today by giving our legal team a call.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should I Do if I Am in a Motorcycle Accident?
If you suffer a motorcycle accident, the first thing that you should do is check that you or anyone else involved in the accident is safe. To do this, you should:
- Check yourself and other people for potential injuries – Safety should be your top priority. If anyone on the scene is suffering from neck or back pain, they must not move until the first responders arrive.
- Move yourself and your vehicle to a safe place to stop – If it is possible to do so, you should try and move your vehicle out of the way of ongoing traffic. It would also be a good idea if you can find a safe space for the first responders to be able to locate you as well.
- Check on other people involved in the accident – If you are feeling well enough, check on anybody else involved in the accident to assess their condition and whether they have sustained any injuries.
- Call 911 – It does not matter whether you deem your accident to be “minor.” It is important that you inform the local authorities. It is always a good idea to seek emergency medical help and for a police report to be filed, regardless of how serious the accident is, as they can greatly strengthen your case later on.
- Stay with anybody who may need your help – If anybody else is suffering, make sure you stay by their side. But remember it is very important that you keep yourself safe. If you have suffered injuries, it would be a good idea to take pictures of them.
How Long Do I Have to Act After Suffering a Motorcycle Accident?
If you or a loved one has suffered an accident injury in Florida, it is important that you act as soon as possible. Florida’s statute of limitations for accident victims means that you do not have forever to make your compensation claim. This is outlined under Florida Statute 713.23 and states that accident victims only have four years following the date of their accidents to file a compensation claim. This may seem like quite a long period of time. However, four years can pass surprisingly quickly, especially as the legal process can be quite lengthy. This is why we recommend that you seek the assistance of an attorney on your accident case as soon as you are feeling well enough to do so after your accident. The sooner you seek compensation from a motorcycle rider or insurance company after your accident, the more likely it is that you will receive the full amount of compensation for your motorcycle injury.
The statute of limitations also states that people filing for wrongful death only have two years to do so after the fatality occurs. Two years is barely any time, and that is why it is crucial to seek the assistance of a motorcycle accident lawyer immediately if you are planning to file for wrongful death. Once the time expires on your case to make a claim, your case will be barred, and you will be unable to ever make a claim for that case.
What Should I Do if I See a Motorcycle Accident?
If you witness a motorcycle accident in Florida, it would be a good idea to try and help the people involved. If it is safe to do so, check the people involved to see if they have suffered any major injuries. If it looks like they have sustained a serious injury, do not try and move them. The safety of those involved is very important, so if you can help the victims move out of the flow of traffic and into a safe space, then you should.
Next, call 911 and wait for the first responders to arrive. When the first responders arrive, you can leave them to care for the victims. If you have not been already asked, it would be a good idea to hand over your name and contact information to either the police or the victims themselves. Your witness statement could be greatly beneficial in helping the victims later on.
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Florida?
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are a regular occurrence in the State of Florida. We have examined many accidents and can determine that some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Distracted drivers – Motorcycles are already quite difficult to see on the roads due to their small size. Drivers who are easily distracted and not paying much attention to the road will easily miss motorcyclists. This can then result in motor vehicle drivers changing lanes dangerously, running a motorcyclist off the road, and much more.
- Drunk drivers – These drivers are dangerous to everyone on the roads, and motorcyclists are no exception. They may be impaired and not have the capacity to notice a motorcyclist in their path. This can result in them crashing into the motorcyclist.
- Road hazards – Dangerous road conditions can cause major problems for motorcyclists. It is difficult for a motorcyclist to drive over potholes, cracks in the roads, gravel, and more. These hazards can quite easily result in a motorcycle accident as a motorcyclist loses control.
- Traffic violations – All drivers, whether they are driving cars or motorcycles, must abide by the traffic laws in Florida. No driver should be speeding beyond the legal limit, changing lanes dangerously, and breaking the rules. It should be no surprise that when drivers break the law, they are more likely to be involved in a road traffic accident.
What Injuries Can a Motorcycle Accident Result in?
Motorcycle accidents can be incredibly dangerous and are often very traumatic to the people involved, as motorcyclists generally have very little protection from injuries. The law in Florida does not require all motorcyclists to wear helmets. But many do in the interest of their safety. However, not even a helmet can completely protect motorcyclists from suffering long-term, severe injuries.
Some of the common injuries that victims of motorcycle accidents suffer are:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Internal organ injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Neck or back injuries.
- Skull fractures.
- Fractured ribs.
- Internal hemorrhaging.
- Sprains, strains, and tears.
- Cuts, grazes, and puncture wounds.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact emergency services. You do not have to worry about medical bills and further medical expenses. With the help of skilled lawyers, you will be able to receive compensation for all of the medical costs that you have encountered.
Are People on Motorcycles More at Risk of Suffering Accidents Than People in Cars?
Anything can happen on the road. But it is not always the case that motorcyclists are more likely to suffer an accident than people in cars. A car could be involved in a far more severe accident than a motorcycle.
However, it can generally be said that those who ride motorcycles in Florida are at greater risk than those in cars. Motorcyclists do not have half of the protections that car drivers have. For example, motorcyclists are far more exposed on the roads and less likely to be noticed by other motorists.
Who Investigates Motorcycle Accidents in Florida?
In Florida, motorcycle accidents tend to be investigated by local police departments and/ or the Florida Highway Patrol. We would strongly advise that you also seek the experience and help of one of our lawyers at The Law Place to investigate your case. It can be very helpful to have a legal professional you can work alongside and trust, regardless of which agency is in charge of investigating your accident.
Why Is It Easy to Suffer an Injury on a Motorcycle?
Unfortunately, it is much easier for motorcyclists to suffer injuries in an accident than people in cars. This is simply because motorcycles do not have many of the safety features that cars do. For example, cars have airbags that can absorb the shock of an impact in a crash.
Not only this, but most people in cars who suffer motor accidents remain in their vehicles during the crash. The car typically prevents them from flying out onto the road and colliding with other objects. A motorcyclist does not have anything to stop them from flying off their motorcycle in a crash.
Motorcycles are more dangerous than cars because:
- They have no airbags.
- They do not have exterior walls or doors.
- They are difficult to see, especially at night.
- They have no seatbelts.
- Some drivers forget to watch out for motorcyclists.
- Some drivers do not show respect and drive respectfully alongside motorcycles on the road.
- They are much smaller than the other vehicles on the road that could potentially hit them.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or a loved one has been the innocent victim of a motorcycle accident, you may need the help and legal representation of a highly skilled attorney. We care about you and your case. You should not be left suffering because of an accident that wasn’t your fault. We promise to do all that we can to ensure you achieve the justice that you deserve.
We have practice areas all over Florida, so if you have suffered an accident in Florida, we can help you. Our offices are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so we are always available to answer your call. If you contact us today to schedule a free consultation, one of our attorneys will be able to go over your case with you and advise on your legal options. An attorney-client relationship at The Law Place is one of immense trust and commitment. Our clients are our main priority. Don’t waste another moment! Call us now at (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form