An accident involving a truck can often cause catastrophic and life-changing damages and injury due to the sheer size and weight of the vehicle. As a result, the aftermath of the accident is also stressful and traumatic. Often, there are large medical bills, vehicle damage, pain and suffering, as well as the trauma from the truck accident to overcome.
By seeking the advice of a reputable law firm, they can help to manage your case for you and ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. At The Law Place, our team has over 75 years of collective experience in fighting personal injury claims and handling cases involving truck accidents. Our team of adept attorneys have comprehensive knowledge of Florida law and will be there to support you and guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving a truck, then you should contact our law firm today. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can contact us at a time most convenient for you. Call us today at (941) 444-4444 and receive a free case evaluation with a highly skilled personal injury lawyer.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident in Florida?
At The Law Place, we understand how traumatic a traffic collision can be and how difficult it is to think straight in the aftermath. Our lawyers have developed some top tips to help you handle the situation immediately following a truck accident. Such tips include:
- Call the police and inform them of the type of collision and its location immediately.
- Where possible, refrain from blocking off the road and make sure to alert any oncoming traffic of the accident.
- If you haven’t suffered any personal injury at the scene, try to offer medical assistance to any injured people who are involved in the accident.
- Obtain contact information of any witnesses to the truck accident.
- Exchange personal information with the other drivers involved in the crash. Personal information should include names, phone numbers, vehicle registration, insurance company provider, and any other useful information, such as the name of the trucking company.
- Collect any evidence at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of the vehicles, the road, your injuries, etc.
It is also crucially important that you seek the advice of a reputable personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. A personal injury lawyer will be able to handle your case in the days following a truck accident and ensure the legal process is as smooth and stress-free as possible. A truck accident lawyer will be able to handle your case with skill and efficiency and ensure you don’t accept any checks, sign any documents, or offer any statements to the insurance company before it has been looked at by an attorney. At The Law Place, our attorneys will ensure your case is handled in the best way possible and will work to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me With My Claim?
By seeking the representation of an adept truck accident lawyer, you will greatly increase your chances of receiving a positive outcome that ensures you receive the compensation you are entitled to. At The Law Place, a truck accident lawyer will be able to assist and support you with the following:
- Conducting an investigation – Determining the liability and fault in a truck accident can often be complex as there may be more than one party liable for the accident. The Law Place will investigate the accident, collect any relevant information or evidence, and work to establish the negligent parties who are liable for the incident.
- Filing a personal injury claim – A personal injury lawyer will be able to explain the process of filing a personal injury claim following an accident and will work to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Proving damages – At our law firm, we will work to investigate the full extent of your damages, losses, and injuries so you have a clear understanding of the amount of compensation that you are owed.
- Negotiating for a settlement offer – More often than not, insurance companies will try to take advantage of your accident and offer you a settlement deal that is less than you deserve. By seeking representation from an attorney, they can work to negotiate a compensation amount that you are happy with accepting.
- Taking your claim to court – On occasions, a settlement may not be achievable between an attorney and an insurance company. At this point, an accident lawyer will look to take your case to court to ensure you win the compensation that you deserve.
What Compensation May I Be Entitled To?
The extent of compensation entitlement will largely depend on the circumstances surrounding the accident. A truck accident lawyer may help you to claim for any of the following injuries:
- Burns, scars, and lacerations.
- Head injuries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of limbs.
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries.
- Paralysis or permanent disability.
- Wrongful death.
Additionally, a personal injury lawyer may also help you recover compensation for past, present, and future medical bills, any lost wages or loss of future earnings, as well as mental distress and trauma, which may prevent you from living the life you once lived.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, then it is strongly advised to seek the representation of a reputable truck accident lawyer in the days following a truck accident. An adept lawyer will work to investigate your case, gather any relevant evidence, and will do their utmost to ensure you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
At The Law Place, we have a team of knowledgeable attorneys with over 75 years of collective experience in handling cases involving truck accidents. We offer all our customers a free consultation where we will offer a free case evaluation and valuable legal advice on the next best steps to take, all at no-obligation. It is worthwhile noting that at The Law Place many of our attorneys are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest rating possible. AVVO ratings are awarded based on an attorney’s length of service, trial skills, awards received, as well as client reviews and testimonials.
Our Florida phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can contact us at any time of day, and rest assured, an experienced attorney will be on hand to help. Call us today at (941) 444-4444 and get started with your truck accident case today.