Over one million slip and fall accidents occur every single year – resulting in many people taking trips to the emergency room to treat injuries. There are a number of reasons for a slip and fall accident to happen, and it is usually caused by the negligence of someone else. In this case, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim in the State of Florida.
You might think that injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident are minor, but they can become very serious – especially if they have affected the brain, spine, or bones, and they could even result in death. If you have suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, then you will need to seek legal counsel from a reputable law firm as soon as possible.
At The Law Place, we have represented thousands of slip and fall accident victims for the past seventy-five years throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm understands that every slip and fall case is uniquely different, and we will make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve for your accident caused by hazardous conditions due to the negligence of someone else.
Our team of slip and fall attorneys is well-versed in managing slip and fall accident cases, and they will explain the legal process to you. In addition, they will conduct an extensive investigation and gather relevant facts regarding your accident. But above all else, they will listen to you and answer all of your questions. Our law firm understands the difficult situation that you are in, and we want to help make your recovery as easy as possible for you.
Call The Law Place today to set up a free case evaluation, in which a slip and fall lawyer will discuss the facts surrounding your case and offer you unbiased advice on the smartest move to make in your current situation. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight your slip and fall case together in the State of Florida.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall?
If you were hurt in an accident, then you will need a lawyer who has the experience to handle your specific case.
A slip and fall lawyer will handle every aspect of your case while you take the necessary time that you need to recover from your injuries. They will reach out to eyewitnesses, gather evidence, and determine the full amount of damages that you are owed. A slip and fall accident can leave people with serious or life-threatening injuries, including piles of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
Slip and fall cases fall under a specific area of personal injury law, known as premises liability. In other words, every property owner is fully responsible for ensuring that their property is safe from hazards. In the event that someone was to slip and fall on another person’s property, then they might be able to hold the owner of the property liable for the injuries and damages they sustained.
A slip and fall accident can become very complex, especially if you have been hurt in an accident. It is important that you reach out to a slip and fall lawyer from The Law Place that can guide you through the legal system and advise you every step of the way.
What Will a Slip and Fall Lawyer Do for My Case?
If there has been a violation of a duty of care, then it is crucial to prove it. The injured party must be able to prove that their injuries were caused by the negligence of a business or the owner of the property that the accident happened in. The business or owner of the property where you slipped and fell does not need to prove anything.
The good news is that The Law Place will conduct an investigation and help you to determine who was at fault for the accident so that you can rest at ease. We will prove that your slip and fall accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, and we will also help you to:
- Define the amount of insurance coverage available.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies involved.
- Collect the necessary evidence and gather relevant facts.
- Document your medical treatment and other damages.
- Develop a strong case to show how and why the property owner was negligent.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall in Florida?
The statute of limitations declares that you have up to four years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim in the State of Florida.
A slip and fall lawyer will investigate your case, gather evidence, medical reports, and other relevant paperwork to determine the worth of your case. It takes time to start a personal injury claim, and it is necessary that you speak to a slip and fall lawyer immediately after your accident.
If you do not file a personal injury claim within the statute of limitations, then your case will be dropped by the court.
Common Reasons for Slip and Fall Injuries in Florida
Slip and fall accidents can happen for a variety of different reasons. If someone else is responsible for maintaining the location where you slipped and fell, then you could be entitled to file a personal injury claim to cover all of your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other potential losses.
Here are a few of the most common reasons for a slip and fall accident to occur:
- Uneven floors – An unlevel ground can lead to wavy or rough floors.
- Wet or slippery floors – Water is a common cause of slip and fall accidents. This includes improperly cleaned floors, rainy walkways, or leaky windows.
- Long wires or cords – It is a hazard for long wires or cords to be stretched out in a public place.
- Cracked sidewalks – Conditions such as road construction, time, or weather can cause sidewalks to be in disrepair.
- Inadequate lighting – Every business is responsible for keeping their property well-lit to ensure that no one slips and falls.
- Drop-offs – An added extension or stairway to a building can cause a drop off that is deeper than usual, and that can also cause people to slip and fall.
- Broken railings – A poorly maintained railing can provide a lack of support and fall out of a person’s hand.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Slip And Fall Accident in Florida
You have to protect your legal rights after being injured in a slip and fall accident. To do this, you must take these steps:
- Medical attention – It is crucial that you put your health and safety first after an accident. You must seek medical attention immediately to determine the extent of your injuries. In addition, a medical report will help you to pursue compensation later.
- Notify property owner – You need to inform the property owner of where you were hurt. If you slipped and fell on business property, then you might have to fill out an accident report. If you do this, then remember to get a copy of the report for your own personal records.
- Collect evidence – It is essential that you have evidence to prove fault in a slip and fall accident case. Evidence includes taking pictures of the scene of the accident, the clothes that you were wearing at the time, medical bills, and proof of lost wages.
- Documentation – It could be beneficial for you to keep a journal and document your experiences of pain and suffering, how you are recovering, and how your injuries have impacted your day-to-day life.
- Hire a slip and fall lawyer – You must seek legal representation for a slip and fall case. A personal injury lawyer will protect your legal rights and win the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and other losses.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall injury might seem to be minor at first, but it can quickly become very serious. If you suffered any type of injury or experienced any pain in a slip and fall accident, then you should not wait to go to the hospital. It is possible for some injuries to linger and grow to be more serious as time passes.
A slip and fall accident caused by the negligence of someone else or their poorly maintained property must be handled by a professional personal injury lawyer from The Law Place. Here are some of the most common slip and fall injuries:
- Broken bones.
- Back injuries.
- Neck and spinal injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Can I Sue Someone for a Slip and Fall Accident?
The answer to this question is yes. However, you must meet certain criteria before you are eligible to file a slip and fall injury lawsuit. There are three key aspects that you must prove to successfully sue for a slip and fall case:
- Duty of care – You will have to prove that the owner of the property or business had a duty of care to you.
- Breach – You will have to prove that the owner of the property breached their duty of care by not maintaining their property. In this case, you must determine if the property owner knew, or should have known, about the existing hazard. You will also need to find out if the owner of the property had enough time to fix the hazard.
- Causation – You will have to prove that your injuries were caused as a result of the poorly maintained property. It is important that you provide complete documentation of all of your injuries, damages, and losses to ensure that you are fully compensated.
What Will a Slip and Fall Lawyer Do?
The Law Place understands the complex nature of personal injury cases, and we will advise you every step of the way. The consequences of slip and fall accidents can affect people in many ways – especially if they have suffered injuries. Some of the most common losses include pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
Our law firm will investigate the location where the slip and fall accident happened, gather evidence, and develop a strong case that will prove the negligence of the at-fault party. We will make sure to hold the guilty party responsible for your slip and fall accident, and we will ensure that you receive the compensation that you are owed. In some cases, a slip and fall accident has the potential to change your life and could even prove to be fatal.
If your personal injury was caused by the negligence of someone else or hazardous property, then reach out to The Law Place today. We will provide relentless representation and fight for your legal rights no matter what.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident in the State of Florida, then you are going to need legal representation to fight for your legal rights and guide you through the legal system.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of collective experience in winning compensation for slip and fall accident victims across the State of Florida. We will make sure that all of your past, present, and future medical bills are covered, and our personal injury attorneys will take into account your lost income and your inability to work as a result of your injuries.
Our law firm can offer you a free case evaluation today, in which a lawyer will determine the worth of your claim and give you honest advice on the best move to make following your accident. Rest assured that we will secure the maximum amount of compensation you deserve from the at-fault party.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight your slip and fall case together in the State of Florida. Phone lines are open 24/7.