Trip and falls occur every day, in every place imaginable. They are one of the most common injuries that happen across the United States. The Center for Disease Control lists slip and fall injuries as responsible for 15% of all accidental deaths and the leading cause of death among the elderly.
Victims of a Clearwater slip and fall accidents may be entitled to pain and suffering damages. Premises liability cases can result in thousands of dollars in remuneration beyond medical bills or personal expenses related to the injury.
The Law Place is here to give you the resources you need to pursue your Clearwater slip, trip, and fall lawsuit. We have 75 years of combined experience and can help you get the justice you deserve. Our investigators will collect evidence on your behalf and get the ball rolling on your lawsuit.
Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
What Is a Slip and Fall?
When someone injures themself by slipping on a foreign substance in a business or private property, they can be entitled to damages. This is known as a slip and fall personal injury case. In Clearwater, slip and fall cases are unfortunately commonplace and require a qualified attorney to pursue remuneration for victims.
Foreign substances can be oil, grease, water, or ice, among a myriad of others. Whenever there is a liquid or material on the ground that creates a hazard for walking, slip and falls can occur and cause serious injury. Managers, property owners, or other parties have a responsibility of care for everyone on their premises and can be held liable for damages after an injury results from their actions or inaction.
For a free legal consultation with a trip and fall injury lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
What Is a Trip and Fall?
A trip and fall is a slightly different accident than a slip and fall. Trip and falls occur when someone’s foot catches on something, causing them to fall and injure themselves. The building itself could be the cause or faulty maintenance/ upkeep, which presents a hazard for walking. Potholes, exposed piping, or uncovered wiring are examples of this.
A Clearwater, FL, slip and fall accident or a trip and fall accident is serious business. The elderly population in Florida is especially vulnerable and may not know how or be able to pursue their claim in civil court. A qualified slip and fall lawyer will be able to process paperwork and get the ball rolling against a negligent property owner or private business. Contact a slip and fall lawyer today at The Law Place to discuss your options.
Clearwater Trip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Should I Do If I Experience a Clearwater Slip and Fall Accident?
If you slip, trip, or fall on private property or inside a business, there are certain steps that you should take to ensure you have a legitimate claim for damages. A slip and fall lawyer will advise you of the best course of action to take following your injury, but if you don’t have one yet, use this list as a guide.
- Seek medical treatment – The most important thing after a slip and fall is to take care of yourself or your loved one. See a doctor as soon as possible and get your injuries treated. Retain all records of your treatment and any receipts for prescriptions you buy.
- Report the incident – You should report your accident to relevant parties as soon as you can. These can include store management, landlords, or property owners, among others. Request a copy of the incident report, or request that one is made immediately. Having a paper trail will help you down the line.
- Collect evidence – Any evidence of your injuries and the circumstances that led to the incident are essential for your claim. You should collect willing witness names and addresses, pictures of the location of your slip and fall, and the hazards that cause your injury. Write a journal of the incident and what you were doing right before you fell.
- Don’t speak with responsible parties – Keep all communication with responsible parties to a minimum after your report has been filed. Refrain talking about the incident with friends or colleagues, and don’t post on social media. Placing blame before legal recognition of the incident can hurt your case in the long run.
- Consult an attorney – Speak with a qualified lawyer to get the investigative process started and court proceedings filed. There are legal deadlines that must be met, and a lawyer will stay on top of them. Call The Law Place today to discuss your options and what you may be entitled to claim.
How Do I Claim Damages for Clearwater Slip, Trip, and Fall Injuries?
To claim damages for your injuries, a slip and fall attorney must first prove that a responsible party was negligent in their duty of care. The Legal Information Institute defines negligence as when an individual or party disregards the safety of others through their behavior or inaction. Determining that negligence occurred allows you to determine liability. Proving responsibility, negligence, and liability are the key components of your slip, trip, and fall claim.
To argue negligence, responsible parties must be proven to have had “constructive knowledge” of the hazard. Outlined by Florida Statute 768.0755, they must have been aware of the danger and not taken the necessary steps to solve the problem within a reasonable amount of time.
For example, a gas station owner is told of an oil spill but chooses to deal with it later. A patron slips on the oil and injures their back, leading to hospitalization and extensive surgical procedures. Because the owner had been aware of the spill but made no effort to clean it up, constructive knowledge can be proven, and they can be sued for their negligence.
The Law Place Clearwater slip and fall attorney can help you prove negligence and pursue responsible parties for the damages you deserve. We will file a civil action and serve responsible parties with a lawsuit, and our investigators will rigorously examine all evidence of the incident. Contact The Law Place now to get this process started.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Average Settlement for a Clearwater Slip, Trip and Fall Case?
Settlements for Clearwater slip and fall accidents are unique. There is no definite average for victim remuneration. Every case has individual circumstances that may dictate the final sum awarded to plaintiffs. While one victim’s settlement can be $50,000, another may be awarded $150,000 for their injuries.
If you would like to know how much you could be entitled to, contact The Law Place today. We offer a free consultation with a qualified slip and fall lawyer who will examine the individual qualities of your case. Our team can help you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact The Law Place Clearwater Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyers Today
Have you been injured due to a slippery surface or faulty flooring in Clearwater, FL? Do you believe it’s the result of property negligence or mismanagement?
Contact The Law Place today to discuss your options with a qualified trip and fall attorney. Our personal injury attorneys are here to provide all the information necessary to pursue your case. You could be entitled to thousands of dollars in remuneration for your injuries and lost wages. Schedule your free consultation with a lawyer now.
Don’t wait for your injuries to worsen.
Call us today at (941) 444-4444.