Unfortunately, car accidents are a common occurrence in St. Petersburg, Florida, and depending on the circumstances surrounding the crash you were involved in, the consequences can be life-threatening.
Side-impact collisions, also known as T-bone accidents, are one of the most potentially dangerous accidents there are. The aftermath of such a collision can often be severe and result in heavy damages. Despite this, these types of accidents are all too common around St. Petersburg.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, then you should consider seeking the advice of a highly skilled personal injury lawyer from a reputable law firm. Our car accident attorneys at The Law Place have over 75 years of experience in working with the Florida legal system and have the knowledge and resources necessary to build a strong case on your behalf and fight for the compensation that you deserve. And you don’t have to worry about the cost – we work on a no-win-no-fee basis, meaning that you won’t have to pay us a cent unless your case is successful.
Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so don’t hesitate to contact us. To put your mind at rest, call us today to schedule a free consultation!
In This Article
- What Are Side Impact Collisions?
- Potential Causes of a Side-Impact Collision
- Common Injuries Sustained in St. Petersburg Side-Impact Accidents
- Claiming Damages Following a Car Accident in St. Petersburg, FL.
- How a Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help You
- Contact The Law Place Today!
What Are Side Impact Collisions?
A side-impact collision is where one or more vehicles have impacted the side of another in a car accident. In many cars, there are side airbags for drivers, which can offer a level of protection for the driver, but they only protect crash victims to a certain extent. Airbags can only go off once, so if the vehicle is hit twice, it could be incredibly dangerous.
Side-impact collisions are much more dangerous than accidents that impact a vehicle’s front or back, as these areas of the car have crumple zones, which absorb much of the impact. However, the sides of a vehicle do not have the same protection.
Factors such as the position of the driver, if there were any passengers at the time, and where the car is hit can all determine the types and extent of injuries that victims may sustain.
For a free legal consultation with a side impact collisions lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Potential Causes of a Side-Impact Collision
Side-impact collisions occur all over the State of Florida, including St. Petersburg, and there are many different causes. Some of the most common reasons for T-bone car accidents are listed below:
- Side switching – Where a driver wrongly switches lanes and collides parallel alongside another car.
- Distracted drivers – A driver may be distracted by their cell phone, eating or drinking, or even just speaking to passengers.
- Reckless driving – Examples include speeding, ignoring stop signs and red lights, and more.
- Driving under the influence – This is where drivers operate their vehicles after consuming drugs or enough alcohol for their blood alcohol content to be 0.08% or higher.
- Bad weather – Bad weather can result in slippery roads or poor visibility, both of which can lead to a car accident.
- Car malfunction – If the vehicle malfunctions, then this can cause a side-impact collision.
The at-fault driver may use one of these above excuses to justify their reckless driving. Regardless of what they say, you may still be entitled to compensation. However, to give yourself the best chance at arguing against these excuses and securing the compensation you deserve, you will need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, so contact The Law Place today to schedule a free consultation.
St. Petersburg Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Sustained in St. Petersburg Side-Impact Accidents
Any type of car accident can leave victims suffering from severe injuries and trauma, but this is particularly true for victims involved in side-impact collisions. This is because the side of a vehicle provides much less protection.
Some of the most common injuries that are sustained in side-impact accidents include the following:
- Soreness, bruises, lacerations, sprains, and burns.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Traumatic brain or head injuries.
- Neck injuries.
- Back and spinal cord injuries.
- Internal organ injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Disfigurement or dismemberment.
- Wrongful death.
Victims of car accidents often also suffer from trauma and emotional distress.
If you’ve suffered from any type of injuries because you were involved in a side-impact collision that wasn’t your fault, then you need to call The Law Place. Our St. Petersburg side-impact car accident lawyers have the experience and skills necessary to fight on your behalf for the justice that you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with us today.
Claiming Damages Following a Car Accident in St. Petersburg, FL.
After being involved in a car accident, victims are often left suffering not just from the injuries and trauma caused but also from an unfair amount of financial burdens. Our team wat to help you receive the compensation and justice that you thoroughly deserve for this.
Our lawyers frequently recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses – If you required medical treatment, then these bills should be covered.
- Lost wages – If you could not attend work for a period of time, then the wages you lost should be reimbursed.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged, then you could be entitled to compensation to cover these costs.
- Pain and suffering – If you have experienced emotional distress, then you should receive compensation.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one, then you deserve compensation for loss of consortium.
We know that no amount of money will heal your injuries or the trauma you’ve experienced, but it can help you manage the financial losses you’ve also had to endure and act as proof that some justice has been served. So, to give yourself the best chance at securing the compensation you deserve, contact The Law Place today so our St. Petersburg car accident attorneys can help and support you. And while our skilled car accident lawyers work on your case, you can focus on healing.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help You
When you begin to consider hiring a car accident lawyer, you should look for a law firm that already has substantial experience in helping clients with cases similar to yours, as they will have the knowledge and skill needed to build a strong and solid case in pursuit of compensation on your behalf.
Some of the many ways that a St. Petersburg car accident lawyer from The Law Place will be able to help you include:
- Answering any questions and queries you have, whether they’re specific to your case or about the legal system, and offer you reliable and trustworthy legal advice.
- Using our extensive resources to investigate your case thoroughly and gather any evidence, such as police reports and witness statements, which could be used to strengthen your case.
- Assessing the value of your case and calculating the amount of compensation that you can expect to receive by examining doctor’s statements, medical bills, employment records, receipts, and more.
- Communicating on your behalf with the liable party/parties and relevant insurance companies.
- Negotiating a fair and agreeable settlement to ensure that you don’t get taken advantage of.
- Aggressively and professionally representing you in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
If you have been injured in a St. Petersburg side-impact collision that was not your fault, then you should contact The Law Place so we can help you hold the negligent driver responsible. Our team of tenacious lawyers will do all they can to achieve the highest amount of compensation possible, so call us today to book a free case evaluation.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Under Florida Statute 95.11, the State of Florida has a statute of limitations, meaning that victims of car accidents only have four years to file a lawsuit. Because of this time constraint, you should think about getting in touch with a law firm as soon as possible to give them plenty of time to work on and prepare your case, which will ultimately give you the best chance at securing compensation.
At The Law Place, we believe that you should claim what you are entitled to, especially if you are still feeling the effects of the side-impact collision today. If you contact our law firm for help, we will book a free, no-obligation consultation with you, where you will be able to ask us any questions that you may have. After this consultation, you can decide if you want to continue working with us. If you do, we will begin straight away so that you can put the traumatic event behind you as soon as possible.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so put your mind at ease and contact The Law Place today.