Multiple vehicle accidents in St. Petersburg can be complex to resolve and recover from for all parties involved. Understanding the laws in the State of Florida can be even more complex to navigate.
If you have been injured following a multi-vehicle accident in St. Petersburg or any other area within Florida, then it is recommended you contact a highly experienced attorney for accident advice. Accidents involving more than two vehicles can be difficult to determine who is at fault. Therefore, an accident attorney can assist you in gaining compensation for your injuries, damages, and loss of earnings as a result of the accident.
Accidents with multiple vehicles are much more complex than two car accidents and can result in much more devastating injuries for those involved. These pile-up or multi-car collisions involve more than three cars and therefore lead to more injuries and more damage.
Our experienced car collision lawyers have a vast amount of knowledge to investigate these complex accidents and will help you win the compensation you deserve. If you have suffered injuries as a result of a multi-vehicle accident, contact The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation with a car accident attorney. Our attorneys have pursued compensation for many multi-car accident cases and will be able to offer you the honesty, drive, and commitment you need to navigate the legal proceedings.
The Most Common Causes of Multiple Vehicle Car Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
As uncommon as multiple vehicle car accidents can be, there are some common causes that contribute to these types of accidents time and time again. Some of these causes are down to the fault of the driver, whereas some are a result of the conditions when driving. It is worth being aware of the common causes of car accidents as these help determine who is liable for the collision.
There are many contributing factors that can potentially lead to a multiple vehicle accident. These car crashes can be caused by one or multiple of the factors listed below:
- Speeding – If a driver is speeding, they will not have enough time to react to other vehicles on the road. Unfortunately, this can cause an accident. In addition, speeding around sharp turns increases the chances of a car accident as the driver is driving too fast to give them adequate time to react to what may be around the corner.
- Unfamiliarity of surroundings – As the population grows and the tourism industry increases within Florida, more and more drivers are navigating the roads within St. Petersburg without prior knowledge of the area. This unfamiliarity can mean drivers aren’t aware of blind corners, speed limit changes, or lane changes, and this may contribute to a collision.
- Weather conditions – Florida is infamous for its sudden heavy downpours, and inevitably, poor weather conditions can lead to poor road conditions, making roads dangerous to drive on. These poor conditions can also cause chain reaction accidents, where one small accident causes larger collisions, leading to much more significant damage. However, it is not just rain that can lead to poor driving conditions; fog, snow, and even bright sunlight can distract a driver and impair their vision.
- Exhaustion – Fatigue greatly impacts a driver’s ability to control a vehicle as exhaustion slows down a driver’s reaction time. This is mostly seen in truck drivers who are due their next break or pushing the limit of their driving hours. Fatigue can impact any driver making a long journey, which is why it is vital to take regular breaks or share the journey with another driver.
- Distractions – A common cause of multiple vehicle accidents is a distracted driver. These can include technology distractions such as mobile phones or even Sat Navs. In addition, passengers can also lead to distractions by talking to the driver. These few seconds of distraction can take the driver’s eyes off the road and lead to multi-car accidents.
- Drug or alcohol influence – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal across the United States and will put the driver and any other cars on the road in danger. These substances can impair judgment, decision-making, and depth perception.
- Careless driving – The more comfortable a driver becomes after gaining their driving license can lead to them picking up bad habits on the road, and unfortunately, these can lead to an auto accident. These can include – driving too close to the vehicle in front (tailgating), failure to follow road signs, incorrect maneuvers such as not correctly using indicators, or improper lane changes. It is important to continue using the correct maneuvers, so other cars around you are aware of your movements.
The St. Petersburg car accident lawyers at The Law Place are highly experienced at assisting those involved in multiple car accidents, regardless of the cause. If you have been involved in a St. Petersburg car accident that was no fault of your own, contact The Law Place for a free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate your case.
A multiple auto accident can involve multiple car insurance companies, which can be complex to navigate, especially whilst recovering from a car accident. The lawyers at The Law Place will investigate the accident on your behalf, and you may be able to claim compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a multiple vehicles accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
What to Do if You’re Involved in a Multi-Vehicle Accident?
In the immediate aftermath of a car collision in St. Petersburg, you should prioritize the health and safety of yourself and any passengers in your car. Our experienced team has put together a list of steps to follow in order to protect yourself and file a personal injury claim later on:
- Move away from the vehicle – If you are able to safely mobilize and remove yourself from the vehicle, do so as quickly as possible. Then wait in a safe and secure location, away from oncoming traffic.
- Assess injuries – Once safe, check yourself and your passengers for injury. If anyone has sustained significant injuries, call an ambulance and make a note of the injury. If you are able to, photograph the injury immediately, as this could be used as evidence later on in your case.
- Contact police – In accordance with Florida Statute 316.062, in the event of a car collision in the State of Florida, you must contact the police straight away.
- Share contact information – Once the other parties are also safe and out of oncoming traffic, you must share contact details, including name, phone number, car registration plate, and insurance details. Failure to do so could complicate the case.
- Photograph the scene – If you are able to safely photograph the scene, including damage to vehicles and the road condition.
St. Petersburg Multiple Vehicles Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Injuries That Are Commonly Sustained in Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents
Multiple vehicle car accidents can lead to much more serious injuries as a result of your car being hit from different directions and at different speeds. These injuries can impact the driver, passengers, pedestrians, or motorcyclists. Some of these injuries are listed below:
- Bruising and lacerations.
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Punctured organs.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Wrongful death.
In addition to psychical injuries, multiple car accidents can cause serious mental health implications, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, trauma, and emotional distress.
If you have suffered any psychical or mental damage as a result of a multiple car accident in St. Petersburg, then contact The Law Place. Our St. Petersburg car accident lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience, including investigating auto accidents and personal injury to help you make a claim and gain the compensation you deserve.
How Is Liability Assigned When a Crash Involves Multiple Cars and Multiple Victims?
Determining liability in a multiple vehicle accident with multiple victims is a complex issue, which is why we recommend contacting a St. Petersburg car accident lawyer at The Law Place. As a result of multiple people being involved in the same accident, there will be multiple versions of the event.
This, mixed with heightened emotions as a result of the accident, means it can be difficult to resolve the accident between those involved. In this instance, a car accident lawyer would be more appropriate to deal with the case, gather evidence, and write a statement.
If you want to make a claim following injuries caused by a car accident, liability must be established in line with the Florida Statute 768.81. This law means that drivers can be found liable for up to the percentage of their fault.
For example, if both parties are speeding, then the liability is shared equally. Furthermore, this affects the compensation awarded in lawsuits. If the liability is shared equally, then so will the compensation being awarded. If one person is found to be more liable than others, then the victims will receive greater compensation. If it is determined that poor road conditions contributed to the accident, then the driver may be able to claim compensation from the state also.
In many cases where multiple vehicles are involved in an auto accident, the matter may be too complex for car insurance companies to resolve and award the relevant compensation. The legal route would be more appropriate, whereby a St. Petersburg car accident lawyer can assist in recovering money for the personal injury and determine who is liable.
The involvement of lawyers should not discourage you from seeking compensation for a multiple vehicle accident that resulted in personal injury. The Law Place will assign an experienced and knowledgeable St. Petersburg car accident attorney to seek the compensation you may be eligible for.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When to Sue Following a Car Accident?
In accordance with Florida Statute 95.11, drivers have four years after a car accident to make their negligence claim. In the unfortunate event of a multi-vehicle accident, this claim should be made as soon as possible so accurate evidence can be collected. This evidence can include police reports, eyewitness accounts, and photographs of the scene. Furthermore, the relatives of a loved one who died in a car accident have to file a wrongful death claim within two years of the collision.
Damages You May be Owed
As multiple vehicle collisions involve more cars and therefore more people, this means the damage caused can be much more catastrophic in comparison to a two-car collision. There is a range of damages you may be able to claim. These include:
- Damage to vehicles and other property.
- Medical bills.
- Loss of wages.
- Long-term pain.
- Personal injury.
How Much is a Car Accident Settlement Worth in St. Petersburg, Florida?
The final compensation per auto accident varies greatly depending upon various factors, but in general, car insurance companies will always aim to make a profit and therefore may pay less in compensation than the victim is eligible for. This is why we recommend contacting an experienced car accident attorney from The Law Place who will communicate with the car insurance company and will fight for the full amount of compensation you could be owed.
The following factors are contributors to how much you could be eligible for:
- The impact on your life, whether that be short term or long term injury.
- The severity of injury.
- The person found liable for the collision.
- The medical costs associated with the crash.
These factors can greatly increase the amount of compensation you could be owed but require a vast amount of knowledge and experience working within car accident claims to be able to navigate efficiently. In order to assess the factors listed above, a skilled attorney from The Law Place will thoroughly investigate the contributing factors and calculate the compensation you could be owed.
Should I Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
If you have sustained injuries after a car accident in St. Petersburg, FL., or any other area of Florida, contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. By having an experienced attorney assist you through the legal process, you will be able to focus solely on your recovery and allow the attorney to prioritize your case.
In addition, many of the other parties involved in the car accident will have a car accident attorney involved, and this will provide you with an equal opportunity to claim compensation.
Whether the legal claim is against the state, car manufacturer, car insurance company, or another driver, an experienced car accident attorney will be able to help navigate you through the legal process.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries following an auto accident, contact our experienced team of attorneys at The Law Place. You will need assistance from a law firm that has dedication, honesty, and commitment to your case. With over 70 years of combined law experience within Florida, our team will investigate the case on your behalf. We understand how difficult recovering from an accident can be, so let us focus on your case whilst you focus on your recovery. Contact us today at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation.