Rear-end collision car accidents are extremely common in Bradenton and the State of Florida. As noted on the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration website, around a third of all car accidents are rear-end collisions. Additionally, the National Transportation Safety Board reported that approximately 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur each year in the United States. Of the 1.7 million incidents, 1,700 resulted in wrongful death, and over 500,000 injuries were accounted for.
If you have suffered damage or injury as a result of a rear-end collision that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. By seeking representation from a personal injury lawyer, they will be there to help prove fault and liability and will work to ensure you receive any compensation that you are deserving of.
At The Law Place, we have a team of competent personal injury lawyers with over 75 years of combined experience in handling cases similar to yours. Our team of attorneys understands how stressful and daunting the Florida legal system can be, which is why we will be there to support you every step of the way and ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
Our law firm offers all our customers a free consultation where we will evaluate your case and offer comprehensive and valuable legal advice on the next best steps to take. Our Bradenton phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured someone will be there to answer the phone. Call us today and schedule a free consultation.
What Is a Rear-End Collision Accident?
A rear-end collision is a type of car accident in which a car crashes into the back of the vehicle in front of them. The most common causes of rear-end collisions are usually distracted/ careless driving or tailgating.
On occasions, rear-end collisions can quickly lead to a pile-up on the roads in Bradenton, particularly if you were hit from behind by a vehicle that was also rear-ended by another vehicle. When this occurs, identifying liability for the accident can become increasingly complex. By seeking representation from a personal injury attorney, they will work on your behalf to ensure you receive any compensation for damage and injury.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions in Bradenton, FL.
A rear-end collision occurs when a driver crashes into the vehicle in front of them, thus colliding into the back of the car. There are many reasons why rear-end collisions occur. Some of the most common causes are:
- Tailgating – This is when a driver fails to leave a safe distance between themselves and the vehicle in front of them.
- Speeding – When a driver is traveling over the posted speed limit, their braking distance increases greatly, and thus they will find it difficult to stop quickly when approaching a build-up of cars.
- Distracted Driving – If a driver is involved in an activity that means that their eyes and attention are not focused on the road, such as on their mobile phone, eating, or engaging with another passenger, then a rear-ended collision is increasingly likely to occur.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (DUI) – When a driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, their ability to react quickly decreases, and therefore their ability to stop and slow down at an appropriate time while driving will be highly unlikely. Therefore a rear-ended collision is likely to occur.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Drivers should alter their speed and drive according to the weather conditions. When this is ignored, rear-ended collisions are increasingly likely to occur.
No matter the cause of the rear-end collision, if you have been involved in an accident that has resulted in personal injury or property damage, then it is likely that you may be entitled to compensation. Here at The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of accident attorneys with 75 years of experience in handling a vast array of cases. Call The Law Place today to speak to one of our personal injury lawyers and arrange a free consultation.
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Rear-End Collision in Bradenton, FL.
If you are involved in a rear-end collision in Florida, then there are a number of steps you can take to ensure the safety of yourself and others. These steps can also help you to gain valuable information and evidence that may help you with your claim later down the line. Some of the best steps to take at the scene of an accident are as follows:
- Move to a Safe Place – If you are able to, then one of the first steps you should take following a rear-end collision is to move away from the scene of the accident. Where possible, move away from any oncoming traffic and preferably stand behind a traffic barrier.
- Check for Injury – Once in a safe space, check yourself for injury first, and then check on any others that were involved in the car accident.
- Call for Help – You must call the police following a car accident so they can manage the accident scene and any traffic. They will also file a report of the accident. If anyone involved in the accident was injured, then it within your duty of care to call for medical assistance too.
- Exchange Information – Once everyone has been checked by the medical team, it is important to take down information from the other drivers involved. This information includes names, phone numbers, and addresses, as well as vehicle registration numbers and the insurance company they are with.
- Gather Evidence – Where possible, gather contact details from any witnesses to the accident. Take photos of the scene of the accident and take note of any other evidence that you think may be useful, including skid marks and relevant road signs.
- Get in Touch With Your Insurance Company – Following an accident is important to notify your insurance company of the incident.
- Get in Touch With an Accident Attorney – If you have sustained damage or injury as a result of the rear-end collision, then you may want to seek legal advice. By reaching out to a personal injury lawyer, they will fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
Contact The Law Place today to speak to a highly skilled accident attorney and receive valuable legal advice at no obligation.
Possible Injuries Sustained as a Result of a Rear-End Collision
There are a number of different injuries that may be sustained as a result of a rear-end collision in Bradenton. Depending on the severity of the accident, these injuries can range from minor to severe. Some of the most common injuries sustained as a result of a road collision are:
- Head or neck injury.
- Pain and suffering.
- Injuries to the back or spinal cord.
- Arm, wrist, or hand injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Cuts or lacerations.
- Seatbelt injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Possible Damages You May Be Able to Claim Following a Rear-End Collision in Bradenton, FL.
As with any car accident, there are a number of damages that you may be liable to claim compensation for. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the rear-end collision, your personal injury lawyer may be able to claim damages for any number of the following:
- Medical Bills From the Past, Present, or Future – This includes any costs incurred from traveling to and from those medical appointments.
- Property Damage – If your vehicle or any personal property (such as a mobile phone) was damaged as a result of the rear-end collision, then you may be able to claim compensation to cover the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Lost Wages – If the accident has resulted in an injury that is preventing you from returning to work, then you may be able to claim compensation for the loss of income.
- Pain and Suffering – This accounts for any emotional distress and suffering that you may have faced as a result of the accident. If your lawyer is able to prove that you have suffered mentally as a result of the accident, then you will be able to claim compensation for this.
- Wrongful Death – If the rear-ended collision has resulted in the loss of life, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers funeral costs, lost wages, and loss of consortium.
If you have sustained accident and injury as a result of a rear-ended collision in Bradenton, FL., then it is strongly recommended to seek representation from a reputable accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. At The Law Place, we have a team of adept personal injury attorneys who will be able to support you with your case and ensure you receive the compensation you are deserving of.
Determining Liability Following a Rear-End Collision in Bradenton
Determining liability for an accident is an important part of any car accident claim. In order to claim for damage or injury, it is important to determine who was at fault and therefore liable to pay for damages.
With rear-end collisions, it is usually assumed that the back driver is found to be at fault. However, there are exceptions to this. For example, if the front driver is found to be distracted or driving carelessly, then the court may rule that they were at fault. Additionally, if the car in front reacted suddenly and unexpectedly, then they may be found to be liable for the accident.
It is worthwhile noting that in line with Florida operates under a comparative negligence scheme. This means that when there is more than one party found to be at fault, they both will be liable to pay for damages according to the percentage that they were found to be at fault. For example, if the back driver is found to be 70% liable, then they will pay for 70% of the damages incurred as a result of the collision. However, the driver who is found to be more than 50% at fault will not be able to claim anything. An attorney will fight to reduce your percentage of fault to maximize the compensation you may be entitled to.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you have been involved in a rear-end collision that wasn’t your fault, then it is strongly recommended to seek legal advice from an accident attorney. Here at The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of lawyers with an abundance of experience in handling cases similar to yours. Our attorneys will be there to support and guide you through the legal process every step of the way and will do their utmost to ensure you receive the compensation that you are deserving of.
Our phone lines are open around the clock, so you can call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured, an adept attorney will be on hand to help. Call our Bradenton offices today and schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Phone lines are open 24/7.